Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BMW Z4 2.2  (Read 1778 times)

2boxerdogs

BMW Z4 2.2
« on: 13 September 2014, 20:42:13 »

Hi guys, have seen a very nice 1 owner 2005 Z4 for sale, full BMW history .. does anyone on here  know anything about these before I make a decision ?

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
Re: BMW Z4 2.2
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2014, 20:58:11 »

work colleague just got rid if his and did not have a good word to say about it
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Sheriff

« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2014, 21:03:21 »

Hi guys, have seen a very nice 1 owner 2005 Z4 for sale, full BMW history .. does anyone on here  know anything about these before I make a decision ?
This is a very common question on here. Who knows? It might be an excellent example of the marque, or it may be a dog. If you like it and you want it...........go for it.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2014, 21:17:45 »

This is a very common question on here. Who knows? It might be an excellent example of the marque, or it may be a dog. If you like it and you want it...........go for it.
Exactly :y

You'll normally find most people will say there crap cause their only jealous :)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2014, 21:29:40 »

Just been talking with the owner, very forthcoming is getting a new Z4  next week, has every receipt & mot for the one he is selling, only thing that puts me off is no spare wheel just a can of weld , I have no experience of using this, has someone viewing it tomorrow, if it doesn't go will take a look on Monday,so my V6 may be going.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2014, 21:34:15 »

Just been talking with the owner, very forthcoming is getting a new Z4  next week, has every receipt & mot for the one he is selling, only thing that puts me off is no spare wheel just a can of weld , I have no experience of using this, has someone viewing it tomorrow, if it doesn't go will take a look on Monday,so my V6 may be going.
Don't they come with run flats? I think I wouldn't be put off by it just for that reason. How many punctures have you had in the past?

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2014, 21:44:27 »

Know very little about run flats always had "normal tyres" , just think the idea of no spare wheel is ridiculous .
« Last Edit: 13 September 2014, 21:45:58 by Tilbo »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2014, 21:45:01 »

Don't all beemers run RFTs now?
Grumpy old man

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2014, 21:50:39 »

Don't all beemers run RFTs now?

Really Forget Turn signals?

The Sheriff

« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2014, 21:55:16 »

I'm pretty sure you can specify a spare wheel when buying new, so buy one. I had to buy a spare wheel and the carrier for my Orlando, wasn't going to trust a can of too. On the plus side, I now have a decent tyre inflator if I need to pump up a tyre.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2014, 21:57:28 »

Is it for your wife?..... ::) ::) ::) ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 September 2014, 21:58:13 »

Mate of mine had some massive bills on his. ABS module related, IIRC. One of those faults that apparently happens to every car eventually, and, if it were from a manufacturer with any concept of after sales service, it would be replaced under warranty instead of in exchange for £1500+. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2014, 22:01:41 »

Mate of mine had some massive bills on his. ABS module related, IIRC. One of those faults that apparently happens to every car eventually, and, if it were from a manufacturer with any concept of after sales service, it would be replaced under warranty instead of in exchange for £1500+. ::)
Now that's the kind of information I wanted, don't care  if it does go now!!

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2014, 22:11:23 »

that's what my colleague was moaning (ABS) as well a whole raft of other things
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2014, 22:17:46 »

that's what my colleague was moaning (ABS) as well a whole raft of other things
Yep I am losing interest already, it has  done 111,000 miles so lots of things could be ready to"expire" body & interior are unmarked , is asking £4995.00 will see  if it goes tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.