Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OOF snowflakes  (Read 3118 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: OOF snowflakes
« Reply #15 on: 31 December 2017, 18:10:25 »

As alluded to, there are only a tiny fraction of the Omegas sold now left on the roads. And although this inevitably means the forum having less members and posts (probably a good thing for the admins ?) its also worth pondering, just how many of those left running would have been scrapped long ago if it weren't for OOF.
Or even how many of the departed Omegas would have departed much sooner if it weren't for OOF.
I found the forum about 10 years ago - in my original guise as Albitz - a few months after buying my first Omega.
I found it due to the fact that the car had so many problems, that I was on the point of getting rid, and vowing never to buy another one.
Over my first year of ownership I discovered all the problems I had were quite common and relatively easy to fix, with the help, info and advice on the forum. It ended up a rather nice example, before I sold it (too cheaply) and bought another newer / LPG,d version from another member.
Before I knew it I was an Omega enthusiast and still have one now, which to my mind is an excellent car, which will be much missed when we finally part.
I too lament the passing of the old OOF forum we once knew. The hilarity on here every night was as funny as a Micky Flanagan DVD. Darth Loo- knee and Mike Dundee were the double act Morecambe and Wise would liked to have been.
However that is gone for various reasons, and it isnt coming back.
I was one of those who got sucked into the arguments and aggro which helped the decline of this aspect of OOF and I dont mind admitting that with hindsight I regret it.
Thats probably why I left for a year, until I was confident I could come back with a different approach.
OOF is still the best forum I visit though,and to those who are mentioned as coming across as a wee bit too blunt sometimes I would like to offer a little advice.
Stop and think - how will this look to whoever is reading it ? How will I come across ? Will it make me look helpful & Friendly ? Will it encourage people to take part and contribute ? or will it make them more likely to keep quiet, or bugger off altogether ?
You may know how you want it to be percieved, but objectively, is that how it will come across ?
I hope Im not coming across as being on a high horse or holier than thou. Im trying to offer a word to the wise from the perspective of having been there, done it and took too long to realise.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2017, 18:13:30 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 December 2017, 20:58:33 »

Yes Albs, you are quite right; I have often had one foot out of the Forum because of what you have just commented on. It's only due to the Omega-saving comments and real help gained from some members, including yourself, that I have stayed.
For the most part, members are truly helpful and wanting to prolong the active life of Omegas, and long may it continue.

Ron.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 January 2018, 00:46:59 »

If it happens to you.

I was offended....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 January 2018, 05:04:08 »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 January 2018, 16:56:23 »

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2018, 17:40:10 »

If it happens to you.

I was offended....

;D ;D ;D
This video should be put in a separate sticky so that it can be used over and over to stop being offended. Every time someone pipes up about others being offensive...........BANG......there’s that video again.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2018, 18:08:04 »

Better not to be offensive in the first place? Or, as some would have  :Pit, blunt and forthright = rude!  :P

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 January 2018, 18:09:11 »

Better not to be offensive in the first place? Or, as some would have  :Pit, blunt and forthright = rude!  :P

Ron.
'dangle berries'

:P
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 January 2018, 18:14:40 »

I'm not playing any more, I'm going for a sulk; I might even make it a flounce!  >:(

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 January 2018, 18:32:02 »

What ever you do Ron, DO NOT press the button. ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2018, 18:34:31 »

If it happens to you.

I was offended....

;D ;D ;D
This video should be put in a separate sticky so that it can be used over and over to stop being offended. Every time someone pipes up about others being offensive...........BANG......there’s that video again.

I'm sure TB has got it bookmarked and already to use. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.