Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Airbags self deployment

<< < (2/5) > >>

Doctor Gollum:
Any buggering about on the seat wiring/wrong seats etc?

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: danzigfan on 21 April 2018, 10:32:06 ---It hapened to me few years back on my 2.0 estate...Just leaned the door on first click and went upstairs. Side airbag deployed when I got back.

--- End quote ---
I could possibly understand that, if the door was banging/vibrating on the catch.

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: 106pete on 21 April 2018, 16:21:38 ---
--- Quote from: TheBoy on 21 April 2018, 09:52:07 ---Nope, never seen that (outside of a real accident).

IIRC, the seat ones are only triggered by the door sensors, so has anyone been pissing around in the doors, either around the sensor, or the riveted plate that the sensor uses?

If driving, its probably possible bumps might set up, especially if the car is rock hard.

--- End quote ---

I assumed that would be the senor in the door to triger them but nothing has been touched on the doors and I was on smooth bit of road while driving. Nothing’s changed suspension wise in the last few thousand miles so can’t go blaming that really.

I’ll see if I can get into the ecu later, I was wondering if my water leak behind the dash has got into the ecu but it’s no where near that area!

--- End quote ---
Doubt it'll be wet, unless you've been pour drinks over it.

If you can read the ECU, it will tell you why, but I suspect the door sensor has triggered it.

Kevin Wood:
I thought that, once the ECU has deployed an airbag, it effectively logged a code and then bricked itself? I.E. it's designed to be a single-use device.
The fact that it's popped an airbag on two occasions makes me wonder if it did actually get triggered by the ECU deliberately. :-\

Chazza12:
is it this part Airbag shock sensor GM09173205 or GM09173929 /both/all(more numbers listed) just seem to be 2 pins. could it be a lose connection ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version