Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Talking of selling houses....

<< < (2/6) > >>

Alnico Blue:
Neighbour whos garden backs on to ours  has her house  up for sale with PB . . . speaking with her the other day  it seems the deal is nothing like they said it would be . . . and there are charges for lots of things she thought were included . . ..
she is not happy . . . . But  of course theres the  "No Commission" . . .yer right !  ::) ::) ::)

STEMO:
I have been told that Emoov are the best of the online agents, but have no personal experience.

Free valuation by agent
Floorplan
'For sale' board
Professional photos
Listing on Rightmove,
Zoopla, Primelocation and more
Account manager
Viewings arranged
Buyers vetted
Offer negotiation
Sales progression

£895 (£995 London and inner M25)
– pay up front (or later with
0% finance option available)
£1,995 – pay on completion

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
Purple Bricks are as devious and untruthful as any other estate agent.

Hanging is too good for them.

The crook we spoke to wanted an additional £112 for each viewing......and if you pay in full up front what incentive is there for them to sell the house.

Viral_Jim:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 18 July 2018, 13:01:15 ---...and if you pay in full up front what incentive is there for them to sell the house.

--- End quote ---

Swings and roundabouts I suspect. If its pay on completion (fixed fee especially) the incentive is for them to give the lowest valuation they reckon a punter will swallow. That way they can market a "bargain" house and get the money in nice and quick.

Personally I think its best to form an objective idea of what the house is worth, and take valuations with a pinch of salt and pick the agent you think you can work with.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
My guess is once you pay in full up front interest from 'potential buyers' will suddenly disappear.

They have their money.......time to move on to the next victim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version