Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Sainsburys . . . Is this for real?  (Read 12698 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Sainsburys . . . Is this for real?
« Reply #90 on: 18 December 2020, 12:18:02 »

The situation has made things very awkward for the average UK white racist male  ::)
now you have to sit down on the floor on your bum when checking tyre pressures, doing up shoe laces ,working on electrical sockets etc etc ,so not to appear to be taking the knee in memory of some dead druggie criminal scumbag  :P

that's me off Lizzie's Christmas card list  :D ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 18 December 2020, 12:30:47 »

The situation has made things very awkward for the average UK white racist male  ::)
now you have to sit down on the floor on your bum when checking tyre pressures, doing up shoe laces ,working on electrical sockets etc etc ,so not to appear to be taking the knee in memory of some dead druggie criminal scumbag  :P

that's me off Lizzie's Christmas card list  :D ;D
Very good, Dave  ;D :y
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 18 December 2020, 13:27:21 »

I find it odd that Sainsbury are to provide a safe space within their stores for black employees.

A safe space from what exactly?

Presumably, as the safe space will be within the store itself, the safe space must be to protect  black Sainsbury workers from white Sainsbury workers.

Sounds racist to me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 18 December 2020, 13:37:19 »

Or all the offended customers...

Starting to turn the work place into a special needs class :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 18 December 2020, 13:41:01 »

I did think of this but presumably both black and white members of staff will be insulted by customers at one time or another, so why not discuss it together in the staff room.

A 'black only' space will only increase racial tension.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 18 December 2020, 13:49:37 »

I did think of this but presumably both black and white members of staff will be insulted by customers at one time or another, so why not discuss it together in the staff room.

And is arguably completely illegal.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 18 December 2020, 14:30:32 »

"NO BLACKS, NO IRISH OR NO DOGS"
progress  :-\
I doubt BLM will let the dogs or Irish in

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 18 December 2020, 14:48:40 »

Actually you did ;D

Pardon!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Just read your post #63 when you wrote:

"The rules may not have changed but being 'woke' is apparently more important than the law.

Otherwise why are police kneeling at every oppsing opportunity  >:("

That was in reply to my contribution to Sainsbury's staff not treating your aunt as they should and me suggesting the store management and police should have been involved, then YOU having a completely off thread dig at the police in post #63!.

God, what with your Trump postings and now this, you really are making me worry bout you DG ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie .. don't worry about him ... he's quite secure in the parallel universe he occupies ......   :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 18 December 2020, 14:53:17 »

The rules may not have changed but being 'woke' is apparently more important than the law.

Otherwise why are police kneeling at every oppsing opportunity  >:(

Really DG?  Perhaps in your imagination - you know the one that tells you Trump won the Presidential election - because police officers in uniform, but also in civvies, certainly cannot make such a political statement without government approval ::) ::)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/black-lives-matter-kent-police-knee-video-protest-george-floyd-a9558986.html

https://www.rt.com/uk/491816-police-kneel-protesters-memo/

::)

Yes, with LZ being a Police Advisor, you'd have thought the very least the Kent Police Chief Constable could have done was to notify LZ that he would be taking the knee, and advising all of his officers to do the same where appropriate, to avoid the awkwardness of her defending them.  ::)

On a side note, racism will stay with us while those that want it kept alive keep poking it with a big stick.  >:(   As for Sainsbury's, they didn't need to get involved, they've just added fuel to the fire. All of this does more harm than good.  >:(

How many more times, that was in JUNE, two weeks after Floyd had been killed by an American police officer.  No officer now is officially making this token gesture which is the point I was making after DG stated that officers were doing it at "every opportunity", which is clearly wrong when walking the streets NOW.

Anyway, why is "taking the knee" such an issue to you all that have commented on it?  It was a gesture of sympathy for a man killed on the ground by an officer kneeing on his neck until he couldn't breath. 

Along with other anti-diversity comments on this and similar threads I find this a disturbing trend by some OOF members on a public forum, with a lack of acceptance of our diverse society.  It is only a short hop before this all becomes Hate Crime, apart from bring totally unnecessary and, for at least some of us very offensive. >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 18 December 2020, 15:06:29 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 18 December 2020, 14:58:04 »

that's me off Lizzie's Christmas card list :D ;D

Not at all Dave  ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

You are right, it is difficult for some who cannot just accept a multi-everything society as any comment THEY make will offend as the underlying narrow minded beliefs they have will become transparent to all.

That is their challenge, and I pity them. ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 18 December 2020, 14:58:46 »

Actually you did ;D

Pardon!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Just read your post #63 when you wrote:

"The rules may not have changed but being 'woke' is apparently more important than the law.

Otherwise why are police kneeling at every oppsing opportunity  >:("

That was in reply to my contribution to Sainsbury's staff not treating your aunt as they should and me suggesting the store management and police should have been involved, then YOU having a completely off thread dig at the police in post #63!.

God, what with your Trump postings and now this, you really are making me worry bout you DG ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie .. don't worry about him ... he's quite secure in the parallel universe he occupies ......   :)

Good one Entwood! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 18 December 2020, 15:05:24 »

And, with management involved, that is what happens with training and support given.  At the moment it is far more likely for ALL retail staff to be either verbally or even physically assaulted, so that is THE main issue currently.

As for separate spaces, that is not new.  I used to allow and encourage separate areas in the back rooms of stores for Muslims to pray in at their set times.  That is good for moral and shows the retail company has respect for it's employees and cares for their welfare. 8) 8) ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 18 December 2020, 15:12:24 »

Not separate spaces Lizzie.......safe spaces. This implies danger from other members of staff. :) :-* :-*

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 18 December 2020, 15:45:45 »

...... <..> Shortened as the quotes are getting too long.  ;D

Along with other anti-diversity comments on this and similar threads I find this a disturbing trend by some OOF members on a public forum, with a lack of acceptance of our diverse society.  It is only a short hop before this all becomes Hate Crime, apart from bring totally unnecessary and, for at least some of us very offensive. >:( >:(

You appear to have made an assumption regarding posters colour, which only goes to strengthen Opt's original post.  ::)  I personally have several black friends, friends that I'd regard as really genuinely true friends. This subject never crops up when we are together, as it is neither wanted or needed. As I've said previously, it's those that want it kept alive that keep stirring it up. Sainsburys have only done this because they felt that they should, not because it was necessarily right.
Anyway, if we all boycott Sainsburys we can bring them to their knees.  ::) ;)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 18 December 2020, 15:56:45 »

Lizzie, if they hadn't knelt on George Floyd, he would probably have died later that day. If you bothered to look at the actual evidence, he couldn't breathe sitting upright in the car.

It's all readily available including the bodycam footage from the whole arrest. Being knelt on sped the process up. But don't let the facts ruin a good kneeling.

www.hennepin.us › documentsPDF
Floyd's autopsy report - Hennepin County  :-X
« Last Edit: 18 December 2020, 16:01:09 by Doctor Gollum »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.