Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks Omegatoy  (Read 918 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Thanks Omegatoy
« on: 01 April 2007, 22:27:15 »

Big thanks to Omegatoy for taking the time to cast his expert eye over the TD project.  The car now goes a lot better, thanks to blocking up the split EGR pipe, still very sluggish though.  But before I go looking at why performance isn't up to scratch, I need to sort the cooling issues.  Omegatoy confirmed some of my ideas, but also gave me a couple of other ideas of things to check.

Thanks Omegatoy :y
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks Omegatoy
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2007, 22:43:02 »

He really knows his stuff, great guy too  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2007, 08:54:29 »

Can't deny he knows his diesels :y

Or his senny motors - though I remain unconvinced that the straight six is better than v6.  I think v6 delivers power smoother, rather than the 4k surge of straight 6, giving impression of slower...
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2007, 19:48:58 »

Or his senny motors - though I remain unconvinced that the straight six is better than v6.  I think v6 delivers power smoother, rather than the 4k surge of straight 6, giving impression of slower...

Hmm First off thanks for the kind words buit if in the garage or under a car then your welcome to call in anytime and will always do what i can!! if in and on husband duties dont bother as Swmbo can be a right rottwieler !! love her dearly but god she can bite!!
As to the V6 verses S6 well Marham is on the 15th of april and there will be a few Omegas there so will pick on a couple and report back!!! What i can say is my straight six Omega(petrol) was definetly far superior to the police V6 Omegas!!!! ;D
Omegatoy

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2007, 20:30:28 »

Hmm First off thanks for the kind words buit if in the garage or under a car then your welcome to call in anytime and will always do what i can!! if in and on husband duties dont bother as Swmbo can be a right rottwieler !! love her dearly but god she can bite!!
As to the V6 verses S6 well Marham is on the 15th of april and there will be a few Omegas there so will pick on a couple and report back!!! What i can say is my straight six Omega(petrol) was definetly far superior to the police V6 Omegas!!!! ;D
Omegatoy

Well yours would be!

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2007, 20:39:13 »

[quote Well yours would be!

;D lol yep the straight six Omega was but its gone now although it will be at Marham >:( no i will be driving a 24v manual senator(not standard obviously !! have done a few bits to it ;D) to pick on the v6 Omegas!!! may the best car win!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2007, 21:46:13 »

[quote Well yours would be!

;D lol yep the straight six Omega was but its gone now although it will be at Marham >:( no i will be driving a 24v manual senator(not standard obviously !! have done a few bits to it ;D) to pick on the v6 Omegas!!! may the best car win!!!
And very anxious the Senny sounded too ;)

What with all the weight loss as well, that Senny will go well :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.