Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Markies got a project  (Read 1740 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Markies got a project
« on: 01 April 2007, 12:02:56 »

Havent I always...this probably wont intrest omega fans as its a Rover.

Furthermore its not for profit !!  :-?

Got a 1997 R reg Rover 214 si. MOT'd and change from £200. Its just arrived under its own steam no problems at all.

The plan ( theres nothing wrong apart from having a dent in nearly every panel) is to strip the standard parts out and sell them to recoup my outlay and make a bit on top ( engine, gearbox, interior etc etc )

I do know these cars very very well  :y

Its got no rust on it at all!! and a great chassis for more power and rolll cage etc

Then source myself a k series 160bhp engine ( vvc) or T series 200bhp turbo engine and various other bits and bobs to turn it into my track day car  :D

For those that dont know Rover produce some very quick but unreliable engines.....

Knockhill here i come. Er after the Safrane and Vectra v6 are done, and er sometime next year  ;D
« Last Edit: 01 April 2007, 12:06:28 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Markies got a project
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2007, 12:18:13 »

Nice one :)

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2007, 12:25:20 »

Gimme a shout when you're hitting Knockhill, i might just want to tag along.  :y
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2007, 14:11:50 »

Gimme a shout when you're hitting Knockhill, i might just want to tag along.  :y

No worries Kev - it will be shots each as my finished project will have one seat  ;D

And as nice a bloke as you are i dont want you on my knee  ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

jamie

• Newtown, Powys
  • "Say 'ello to my little MV6, maricon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2007, 15:42:23 »

Due to extreme financial constraints and bl**dy penny pinching accountants.  Rover's design engineers have managed to squeeze amazing power gains out of these engines, considering the original 16 valve design came from a 1.4 Honda unit decades ago.  The 1.8 VV I had in my 04 TF was very versatile.
MV6 3.0L  XJ40 3.6L Sovereign (Galaxy Tdi130)
My non commercial Projects http://www.iecd.co.uk/ScratchPad/Projects/NonCon.htm

Some Pictures
http://www.iecd.co.uk/ScratchPad/temp/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2007, 18:02:31 »

Will the display fit my 25 ::)
Grumpy old man

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2007, 22:23:46 »

the radio display etc....it will - but its missing pixels sorry Jamie ( a common fault)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2007, 08:51:52 »

the radio display etc....it will - but its missing pixels sorry Jamie ( a common fault)
LOL, thats whats wrong with mine.  How much you want anyway, I want to take apart to see if repairable, but she will kill me if I destroy her (nearly) working one....
Grumpy old man

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2007, 12:53:03 »

Hey Jock!!

I'll see you at the start line!!  ;)

I'm waiting to take delivery of my track day weapon. A 3 litre Monza GSE. The one MonzaIain was selling a few weeks ago.

I have many plans for it including more pistons and/or perhaps force feeding it, but they'll take a while to come to fruition, but I'm dying to get on the track after having been out in the BatOmegaBile a few months ago.

The first thing I need to do is strip it out, fit a roll cage then look at converting it to manual transmission.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2007, 12:58:57 by Big_Rod »
If I have to explain you won't understand!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2007, 15:33:07 »

Hey Jock!!

I'll see you at the start line!!  ;)

I'm waiting to take delivery of my track day weapon. A 3 litre Monza GSE. The one MonzaIain was selling a few weeks ago.

I have many plans for it including more pistons and/or perhaps force feeding it, but they'll take a while to come to fruition, but I'm dying to get on the track after having been out in the BatOmegaBile a few months ago.

The first thing I need to do is strip it out, fit a roll cage then look at converting it to manual transmission.

;D the only thing thats going to let me keep up with you is my power to weight ratio as you have far more bhp  :'(

I'm really excited about this but due to my lifestyle and working hours i wont be able to put too much time into it - id love to take a week solid but sadly its going to be more like 3 hours here and there between other vehicle projects

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2007, 15:33:57 »

LOL, thats whats wrong with mine.  How much you want anyway, I want to take apart to see if repairable, but she will kill me if I destroy her (nearly) working one....

Jamie when its out you can have it - will pm you for an address in a week or so  :y

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2007, 15:36:59 »

Im sat at work now thinking about this again .....just how much can i strip out...

Seats / back and front
door cards
centre console
parcel shelf / spare tyre and toolkit.
Electric sunroof motor / airbag and radio
Dashboard ? ?  :-/
rooflinings / seatbelts and carpets

thats about 160 kilos saved ( ive posted these seats before and know them to be 60kilos alone)

Weight to be increased by turbo unit / fire extingusher / roll cage / 1 bucket seat  :o

So how much does a roll cage weigh?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 April 2007, 15:48:49 »

Jamie when its out you can have it - will pm you for an address in a week or so  :y
:D :y
Grumpy old man

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 April 2007, 22:58:05 »

Im sat at work now thinking about this again .....just how much can i strip out...

Seats / back and front
door cards
centre console

thats about 160 kilos saved ( ive posted these seats before and know them to be 60kilos alone)

Weight to be increased by turbo unit / fire extingusher / roll cage / 1 bucket seat  :o

Mate, my mind's working overtime too.

Bottom line is 'less is more'. If you can possibly do without it then sling it, even down to the soundproofing in the doors and panel apertures, (You wanna hear the engine scream for mercy don't you!?!?!?!  ;D )

There's a bit of friendly rivalry going on within the Autobahnstormers WRT Monza track cars. The Gauntlet was thrown down with a Monza with a 24v engine conversion, Blydenstein head, fancy hybrid flywheel, remapped chip and nothing but the bare essentials to make the thing go really fast and there have been a few have come out of the woodwork since then. The most recent of which consisted of a 24v engine with a 12v crank so the original Getrag gearbox could be bolted to it.

In the short term, I'm intent on keeping the 12v mill, but I want a big valve head for it and as I said am considering force feeding it, but ultimately I'd like to stuff a decent V8 in it. Ideally a Chevy V8, but I think a BMW unit might be more practical.

We'll see. Bottom line is it's a blank canvas to experiment with, and I've been dying to have something like that for as long as I can remember.

Keep me posted. If I'm ready before you, I'll give you a shout and you can be my first sin bin victim!!!  ;D

BTW, WRT BHP, (  :-? ) you've got far more than me. The 12v Monza only develops 170(ish) geegees. (However, I have the power delivered to the rear wheels so I reckon I'll have the biggest smile on my face!!!  :y )
« Last Edit: 02 April 2007, 23:07:03 by Big_Rod »
If I have to explain you won't understand!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 April 2007, 23:06:47 »

Seats / back and front
door cards
centre console

Mate, my mind's working overtime too.

Bottom line is 'less is more'. If you can possibly do without it then sling it, even down to the soundproofing in the doors and panel apertures, (You wanna hear the engine scream for mercy don't you!?!?!?!  ;D )

There's a bit of friendly rivalry going on within the Autobahnstormers WRT Monza track cars. The Gauntlet was thrown down with a Monza with a 24v engine conversion, Blydenstein head, fancy hybrid flywheel, remapped chip and nothing but the bare essentials to make the thing go really fast and there have been a few have come out of the woodwork since then. The most recent of which consisted of a 24v engine with a 12v crank so the original Getrag gearbox could be bolted to it.

In the short term, I'm intent on keeping the 12v mill, but I want a big valve head for it and as I said am considering force feeding it, but ultimately I'd like to stuff a decent V8 in it. Ideally a Chevy V8, but I think a BMW unit might be more practical.

We'll see. Bottom line is it's a blank canvas to experiment with, and I've been dying to have something like that for as long as I can remember.

Keep me posted. If I'm ready before you, I'll give you a shout and you can be my first sin bin victim!!!  ;D

Now thats gonna be some track car Big Rod  :y :y :y

Mines not quite as grunty and probably a whole lot more unreliable than yours ( its a rover)  ;D

Ive started the lightening procedure already - removed the screw in ariel tonight  ;DGood luck Rod and remember the forum loves piccies  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.