Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is??????????????  (Read 2254 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Where is??????????????
« Reply #30 on: 26 June 2010, 11:07:14 »

i can still remember when crisps where 10p a bag  ;D  :y
my school dinners cost 50p.

I remember crisps at 6p a packet and the effort it took a shop person to add up the price of 10 packets! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes 6 12 18 ect ::) ::) ::) ::)

Now I'm feeling old again! :P :P :P

I can remember when crisps were 3d a pack, and we bought them (only Smiths with the blue salt bags) with the proceeds of collecting old jam jars and bottles, to be sold to the local off licence (for a reason I now not know why!!) :D :D ;)

I remember those Lizzie.

Plus there was an orange drink am sure it's name had joe in it, they were in cripped waxed cartons, the square section was crimped one way then the other to make it a diamond shape and the shop used to freeze them for us.
i think what yer mean there is calypso,and yes smiths salt and shake..i used to put some vinegar in aswell :y

That is what they were called when re-introduced decades later ;) ;).

No, when I say Smiths they were the only crisp available at the time, and there was no other choice with the blue salt bag in c.1958; you either added the salt to make then 'salted' or kept them unsalted.  Once more no other choice, and certainly no flavoured crisps available.  They came later in the 1960s with the new crisp kid on the block; Golden Wonder who dented the Smith's crisp monoply forever! ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 26 June 2010, 11:07:57 by Lizzie_Zoom »

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 June 2010, 12:48:32 »

I remember crisps at 6p a packet and the effort it took a shop person to add up the price of 10 packets! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can remember when crisps were 3d a pack, and we bought them (only Smiths with the blue salt bags) with the proceeds of collecting old jam jars and bottles, to be sold to the local off licence (for a reason I now not know why!!) :D :D ;)

I remember those Lizzie.

Plus there was an orange drink am sure it's name had joe in it, they were in cripped waxed cartons, the square section was crimped one way then the other to make it a diamond shape and the shop used to freeze them for us.
i think what yer mean there is calypso,and yes smiths salt and shake..i used to put some vinegar in aswell :y

No, when I say Smiths they were the only crisp available at the time, and there was no other choice with the blue salt bag in c.1958; you either added the salt to make then 'salted' or kept them unsalted.  Once more no other choice, and certainly no flavoured crisps available.  They came later in the 1960s with the new crisp kid on the block; Golden Wonder who dented the Smith's crisp monoply forever! ;) ;)

yer see being a spring chicken i wouldnt know that ;)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #32 on: 26 June 2010, 12:56:55 »

I remember those Lizzie.

yer see being a spring chicken i wouldnt know that ;)

Yes, yes!!!  You young whipper snappers don't know that you've been born!! ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D :D ;)

Well that's what the "old" people you to say to us when we were young, so it is your turn now Hercules!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.