Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.5td manual vs auto  (Read 1658 times)

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.5td manual vs auto
« Reply #15 on: 16 March 2010, 19:04:57 »

you might want to look at mileage due to the ar25 auto box not being that tough, i think i read somewhere on here that a ballpark figure of 120,000 miles is around the average for these boxes :y
:o :o mines is touching 180,000 :o :y
« Last Edit: 16 March 2010, 19:06:10 by hoof »

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2010, 20:18:31 »

owned both manuals and auto td,s have to say all round the manual wipes the floor with auto, including performance/economy/and maintenance!! agree some days you want an auto just to have an easy drive but believe me longterm manual is far better,
and we just realised we have kept the old bus for 5 years now!!! CANT BELIEVE IT!!(must be good) admittedly im a tinkerer and like to keep me motor good but in 5 years i have replaced the clutch/dmf and the battery and thats it, dont count consumables as to me thats part of service costs!!

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 March 2010, 13:03:42 »

owned both manuals and auto td,s have to say all round the manual wipes the floor with auto, including performance/economy/and maintenance!! agree some days you want an auto just to have an easy drive but believe me longterm manual is far better,
and we just realised we have kept the old bus for 5 years now!!! CANT BELIEVE IT!!(must be good) admittedly im a tinkerer and like to keep me motor good but in 5 years i have replaced the clutch/dmf and the battery and thats it, dont count consumables as to me thats part of service costs!!

Couldn't have put it better meself!  :y :y :y :y :y
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

age_of_generals

• Cambridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 March 2010, 16:50:27 »

Thank you everyone for their insight.  Much appreciated. 
BTW, i guess i should start a new thread for this but are there any manufacturer either BMW or vauxhall workshop manuals available for rebuilding an M51?

thanks

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 March 2010, 20:55:58 »

found a downloadable one couple of years ago,its actually for the rangerover p38 which uses the same engine, but it tells you all you need to know about the lump, think its somewhere in maintenance guides or something, if you cant find it, pm the boy :y

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 March 2010, 21:09:47 »

Have a read:   http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1266347736/30#30

:y :y :y :y :y
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #21 on: 17 March 2010, 21:10:01 »

Couldn't have put it better meself!  :y :y :y :y :y

+1 :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.