Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crankcase what if??  (Read 729 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Crankcase what if??
« on: 14 July 2007, 21:46:00 »

I was just thinking, what if you where to drill the crankcase and fit an earlier conventional breather system, what would be the pro's and con's? Would it conform with emmition regs? how would it effect the engine running? also would it make cleaning breathers and leaking cam covers a thng of the past? :-/
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re:  Crankcase what if??
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2007, 21:48:36 »

I was just thinking, what if you where to drill the crankcase and fit an earlier conventional breather system, what would be the pro's and con's? Would it conform with emmition regs? how would it effect the engine running? also would it make cleaning breathers and leaking cam covers a thng of the past? :-/
If you quickly chean the breather sthrough every 6 months, can't see a need to bother with anything else?
Grumpy old man

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Re:  Crankcase what if??
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2007, 22:12:09 »

If you quickly chean the breather sthrough every 6 months, can't see a need to bother with anything else?
I was thinking about how it would effect the running of the engine?plus as regards the breathers would it be a case of "fire and forget"
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.