Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MV6 estate.  (Read 6081 times)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
Re: MV6 estate.
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2010, 22:19:02 »

Break it, and I'll buy the leathers off you, lol
It would be worth more to break but that would be sacrilege!
Curry makes the world go round!

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2010, 22:45:04 »

I have 2 members pm ing me about the car. I was led to believe there was a little distrust regarding whether i'd actually bought the car & was trying to move it on for MM. Despite him being a good mate i accept his downfalls but would never do this to any of you. Cash has parted hands, the car now belongs to me & is parked in my drive. I have all the relevant doccies. Despite my loyalty to Mark & my gob running away with me at times i'm honest & not totally immoral, i don't have a good enough memory to be a liar!!! It hurts me a little that after all these years an element of distrust has set in & i hope this sets things straight. Mark has signed the V5 over but i hav'nt sent it off yet with the car only having 4 previous keepers. If she does'nt stay within the forum then i will change the V5 over. The first pic Skruntie posted is the most recent but i'll try to post pics as she is tomorrow...work.....or by saturday at the latest.
     Any good MV6 is worth a grand & i'd love her to stay in house. I'm honestly not trying to tuck anyone up, despite the recent hoo hahs with Mark please don't think that of me, Guy. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2010, 22:51:14 »

Guy, as I said in the other thread... Don't take it personally! I don't think the distrust is aimed at you :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2010, 22:54:52 »

Guy, you made the offer to register it and add annother keeper, if thats what they want then take the deposit and do it, thier loss.

2 people interested eh, looks like being one loser then, some needs to make thier mind up or lose a very nice motor.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2010, 23:09:40 »

GUY ... whilst I seriously applaud your attempts to keep this loverly motor "in house" ... methinks it might be worth your while selling it elsewhere ... 2 reasons.

1) You'll probably get a better price

2) I'm concerned about "long term" hassle .. if folks are having a go already, and doubting your honesty, (and AFAIK there is absolutely no reason to do so), then every time the slightest thing happens they will seek to blame you. If you then don't leap to their aid they will further blame you. Both totally unreasonable but it will happen I feel sure.

Are you willing to take on such a burden ???
« Last Edit: 12 January 2010, 23:09:58 by entwood »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2010, 23:17:05 »

GUY ... whilst I seriously applaud your attempts to keep this loverly motor "in house" ... methinks it might be worth your while selling it elsewhere ... 2 reasons.

1) You'll probably get a better price

2) I'm concerned about "long term" hassle .. if folks are having a go already, and doubting your honesty, (and AFAIK there is absolutely no reason to do so), then every time the slightest thing happens they will seek to blame you. If you then don't leap to their aid they will further blame you. Both totally unreasonable but it will happen I feel sure.

Are you willing to take on such a burden ???

2 points well made sir ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 January 2010, 23:27:40 »

I do feel a bit caught up in the crossfire TBH. Just trying to help a mate out & offer an OOF member something you can't go & find anywhere. If she does'nt sell here soon i'll wait a while, & put her on ebay.
    She'll sell all day, id rather she stayed here but feel she has a bad rep now. Not the car's fault & a crying shame but sh*t sticks. :(

simonb

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 January 2010, 12:48:51 »

Not sure what all this is about really,i was looking at the pictures and thought it looked a very nice car and only over the bridge from me then get reading the later posts about the car having "a bad rep" and sh*t sticking etc.
I have no idea what as gone on in the past regarding this car so my question is,is there something wrong with it,does it have some sort of dodgy history,was it owned by a known bodger?
Seems to me this advert is going to turn into a reason not to buy the car quite soon,looking from my point of view that is as someone new ish bto the forum.
oh and how much is it please?
Thanks
Simon

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 January 2010, 13:41:23 »

Not sure what all this is about really,i was looking at the pictures and thought it looked a very nice car and only over the bridge from me then get reading the later posts about the car having "a bad rep" and sh*t sticking etc.
I have no idea what as gone on in the past regarding this car so my question is,is there something wrong with it,does it have some sort of dodgy history,was it owned by a known bodger?
Seems to me this advert is going to turn into a reason not to buy the car quite soon,looking from my point of view that is as someone new ish bto the forum.
oh and how much is it please?
Thanks
Simon

Exactly the opposite IMHO .. but to give you some background... this car was owned by Markey Mark who was a well known breaker with many sales in the "parts" section. Unfortunately in recent times he seemed to stop sending parts out despite taking folks money... this lead to seveal disputes

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1209069730

and to his eventual banning as he did not take any of the chances given to rectify the situation.

AmigoMV6 is a friend of Marks and discovered that the guy is going through a tough time that involves a marriage break up as well as other personal matters....

He has purchased the car and is selling it on, however some folks seem to think the fact that Mark owned it and Mark let some folks down somehow "taints" the car.

That is the short version and I hope it is reasonably accurate.

The car IS known to the forum .. but for all the right reasons.

HTH .. :)
« Last Edit: 13 January 2010, 14:08:14 by entwood »

simonb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 January 2010, 14:03:18 »

Thank you for that,with being new to the forum the previous owners history was all beyond me and to be fair none of my business as he is no longer an active member so not likely to have any dealings with him.
The car looks the part and if known to members of the forum as being looked after i really can't see why the previous owners problems affect it in any way,always better to know some history behind a car imho.
Good luck with the sale. :y
Still no idea how much it is though. ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 January 2010, 14:10:44 »

I think Guy is looking for something in the region of £1000 - £1200 ... but don't hold me to that ... Give him a PM and make him an offer .. worst he can say is "no thanks"..

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1263162705

especially post #14

:)
« Last Edit: 13 January 2010, 14:14:26 by entwood »

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 January 2010, 17:43:42 »

Although I am only a junior member if I had the money I would be having it straight away then fitting my 'bloody pikey hook/shin smasher' as it ticks all the boxes for me.Then trying to explain to swmbo that i need to get rid of both my other Omegas may also present another problem. :y
Don't wee on the electric fence

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 January 2010, 20:41:15 »

As Mark recently owned it, it will be a good un.
End of story! ;)
« Last Edit: 16 January 2010, 20:41:40 by PedroMV6 »
Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!

Welung666

« Reply #28 on: 16 January 2010, 20:50:20 »

I'd have it in a heart beat but I don't have 2 sheckles to rub together at the moment :(

Will you take a fiver a week Guy? ;D ;D

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 January 2010, 00:02:16 »

I think she's sold tomorrow. I'm feeling guilty, wish i could sell to both interested parties (both members here).
   We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.