Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Write-offs through being hit - is it that time of year?  (Read 3237 times)

albitz

Re: Write-offs through being hit - is it that time of year?
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2011, 22:36:20 »

Or you just attach a chain from the towbar to something solid and drive forward and pull it back into shape. ;) ;D
I actually did that with my daughters clit years ago and it worked a treat. Probably made from recycled "le coca cola " cans though. ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 02 October 2011, 23:21:41 »

Its been a bad Autumn so far...

Mrs TB's brother's Audi was written off after a Porsche used the accelerator rather than brake a couple of weeks back
Mrs TB's dad's Laguna is looking like it may get written off after being rear ended a couple of days ago

Then Gayboy's Omega losing an arguement with a Range Rover

Is it something in the water, or is it the 'bad' weather this time of year?

Or is it just the roads are full of arrogant, inconsiderate cocks?

Sorry to be horrid. Audis are common, Lagunas are still made, Chris's Omega is the worst accident.
Fortunately, nobody was hurt in any of these.

They all cause nothing but inconvenience to the innocent party:
Mrs TB's brother, although he got way over book price as a settlement (it had well over 200k on it), cannot get a similar, suitable replacement car.

Mrs TB's dad hasn't long had the car, and has spent money getting up to his standard, none of which he'll get back when/if its written off. Then he has to search for a replacement.

Gayboy, if written off, is likely not to get what its worth, and reading his posts, runs a risk of losing his NCD even though its not his fault.  >:(

And all these accidents will put up all our premiums, due to the carelessness of these arrogant, selfcentred tosspots  >:(

Too many numpties and I also have seen some deliberate stupid driving.

tony2

• peterlee north east
    • 2.6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 October 2011, 23:32:49 »

hi andy when the accesor checked the floor inside of boot he said  theres no damage there ,forgot to mentionwhen at repair centre the person whoe hit me rang and asked if he could pay for repairs without going through his ins, found out his father owns chinese takeaway  in same town i live in

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 October 2011, 23:54:10 »

hi andy when the accesor checked the floor inside of boot he said  theres no damage there ,forgot to mentionwhen at repair centre the person whoe hit me rang and asked if he could pay for repairs without going through his ins, found out his father owns chinese takeaway  in same town i live in

Got to be a deal done there...... :y :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 October 2011, 09:38:22 »

I think there should be a law that children should be kept in a separate compartment to the driver if they are carried in a vehicle rather well walk to school like I used to. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

albitz

« Reply #20 on: 03 October 2011, 09:43:36 »

Agreed.The road outside our local primary school has to be seen to be believed in the mornings.cars parked at random angles all over the place (despite double yellows)and cars trying to squeeze through gaps which are often smaller than the car trying to get through. These cars are mostly owned by parents who live less than half a mile from the school, who probably clog up doctors surgeries trying to find out who is to blame for their childrens obesity. ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2011, 09:54:04 »

I helped out at a scout event this weekend along with a few mates from the radio club. The car park of the place was closed as we were trying to erect antennas there, and we, along with the other volunteers who had given up part of our weekend to entertain other people's kids, needed to bring vehicles in to offload our kit.

Clearly signposted: car park closed. Plenty of other parking the other side of the road meaning a walk of 100 yards or so.

How many parents do you think shoe-horned their mummy-bus past the traffic cones because these rules apparently don't apply to them? Couldn't believe the attitude of some of them when politely asked to park elsewhere while they drop little Johnny off before they swan off shopping while we provide our free babysitting service!

We have somehow ended up with a generation of utterly self-centred and unpleasant people. Their driving standards are just the tip of the iceberg. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Osprey

• Redhill, Surrey
  • Drink up. The world's about to end.
    • 01 2.6 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2011, 12:17:17 »

An utterly self-centred and unpleasant person recently told me she had to drive her daughter to and from school because the roads are unsafe for pedestrians due to the number of bad drivers around at school-run time.

::) ::) ::)
I feel like a military academy. Bits of me keep passing out.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 October 2011, 13:10:15 »

An utterly self-centred and unpleasant person recently told me she had to drive her daughter to and from school because the roads are unsafe for pedestrians due to the number of bad drivers around at school-run time.

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 October 2011, 17:00:38 »

;D  Kev do a few extra head butts for me please  ;) :y
Caravaners  can only go as fast as the rest of the  other road users... so deal with it

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2011, 11:31:06 »

We have somehow ended up with a generation of utterly self-centred and unpleasant people. Their driving standards are just the tip of the iceberg. :(

Exactly - how have we changed so much since the generation that helped each other through the war - the ones who had grit and determination, and had respect for themselves and others? As you say, driving standards are just the tip of the iceberg, there are so many instances of this terrible attitude in everyday life.

I despair of the world that I'm bringing my kids into sometimes, I really do  :(
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 October 2011, 18:40:14 »

Exactly - how have we changed so much since the generation that helped each other through the war - the ones who had grit and determination, and had respect for themselves and others? As you say, driving standards are just the tip of the iceberg, there are so many instances of this terrible attitude in everyday life.

I despair of the world that I'm bringing my kids into sometimes, I really do  :(
Indeed - saw a car full of youths, of Asian descent, stop and start beating the crap out of a white youth at lunchtime.  No idea what the catalyst for it was, and by the time I got there, a couple of other blokes had broke it up.  Surely more respect is needed in the world?

I suspect had I been able to run, I'd currently be 'helping police with their enquiries' over an incident in 5 youths getting a good slapping.

That said, this is Bletchley, the hellhole of the planet, so not unexpected.
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #27 on: 04 October 2011, 18:55:54 »

Its the same all over the country.Were in deep trouble imo and there isnt anyone in power who has the balls to get a grip of it.

tony2

• peterlee north east
    • 2.6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 October 2011, 23:11:54 »

update on my rear end shunt got mig back today all repaired :y only thing wrong was bumper was repaired not replaced as stated  also tow bar was not replaced only bracket for electrics totat cost to other insurance £893.59 plus hire car for 8days can anyone tell me how paint and materials for bumper cost £220.73 :-\ still happy car on the road :y

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 October 2011, 00:06:40 »

update on my rear end shunt got mig back today all repaired :y only thing wrong was bumper was repaired not replaced as stated  also tow bar was not replaced only bracket for electrics totat cost to other insurance £893.59 plus hire car for 8days can anyone tell me how paint and materials for bumper cost £220.73 :-\ still happy car on the road :y

Not slating condition of your motor but could buy a new for that :o
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.