Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Write-offs through being hit - is it that time of year?  (Read 3248 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Write-offs through being hit - is it that time of year?
« on: 02 October 2011, 19:59:19 »

Its been a bad Autumn so far...

Mrs TB's brother's Audi was written off after a Porsche used the accelerator rather than brake a couple of weeks back
Mrs TB's dad's Laguna is looking like it may get written off after being rear ended a couple of days ago

Then Gayboy's Omega losing an arguement with a Range Rover

Is it something in the water, or is it the 'bad' weather this time of year?

Or is it just the roads are full of arrogant, inconsiderate cocks?
Grumpy old man

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
Re: Write-offs through being hit - is it that time of year?
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2011, 20:06:17 »

definitely the last.....

>:(
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2011, 20:19:04 »

Reckon it's the last too
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2011, 20:22:32 »

New mums are my current pet hate - I was following some bozy bint down the A5 dual carriageway in Milton Keynes, trying to intimidate the stupid tart into getting back in the left lane, only to see she was paying no attention to me or anyone else, but was shaking a toy at, presumably, a little brat strapped on the front seat  >:(
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2011, 20:23:57 »

Definitely that.. since it's topical, here's the rant I posted on another forum earlier ;D (bit like Blue Peter..)

Hmm.. can I use this thread to rant about the fact that driving standards in this country are woeful? ;) We've already covered lane hoggers, but on my little jaunt down the M3 to Blackbushe Airport today, and then back up the A30 I saw:

People who do 10mph under the speed limit everywhere, swerving about the road while talking to their passenger (some middle aged bloke between the M3 & Blackbushe)

People who believe that it's always safe to do the speed limit (50mph section of the A30 through Camberley)

People who stop at the end of (very short!) sliproads onto fast moving A roads (A30 to A322 junction - slip road is all of 30ft long and just after a blind bend on the A322, you really have to match speed and merge, not stop and then merge lazily, crawling up to 30mph into the 50mph traffic!)

People who clearly don't look more than 10ft in front of their car (broken down car in the nearside lane of the A322 just after a junction - people fly down the offside lane which goes off to Ascot, then cut across the junction to rejoin the A322 while people who were in the correct lane try to get out into the (now moving at 70mph) offside lane to get past the parked car. And then when I decide I'll put a stop to cutty-mc-fast-driver and pull out so that the person in front of me in the nearside has plenty of time to pull out past the parked car ... she doesn't even look in her mirrors until she's actually stopped behind the car with it's hazards on and ignores me flashing her to let her out.. How come I saw the broken down car about a mile back and planned accordingly when nobody else did?)

Speaking of planning accordingly.. how come some of us can spot blue lights miles away when they're behind us, yet others don't appear to see them when the ambulance/police/fire engine is right behind them with blue lights and siren going!?

That's it, I've changed my mind about the 80mph limit. Let's just have every current license holder re-sit their test (me included) instead.

Martin_1962

« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2011, 20:31:54 »

Mrs TB's brother's Audi was written off after a Porsche used the accelerator rather than brake a couple of weeks back
Mrs TB's dad's Laguna is looking like it may get written off after being rear ended a couple of days ago

Sorry to be horrid. Audis are common, Lagunas are still made, Chris's Omega is the worst accident.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2011, 20:39:07 »

Sorry to be horrid. Audis are common, Lagunas are still made, Chris's Omega is the worst accident.
Fortunately, nobody was hurt in any of these.

They all cause nothing but inconvenience to the innocent party:
Mrs TB's brother, although he got way over book price as a settlement (it had well over 200k on it), cannot get a similar, suitable replacement car.

Mrs TB's dad hasn't long had the car, and has spent money getting up to his standard, none of which he'll get back when/if its written off. Then he has to search for a replacement.

Gayboy, if written off, is likely not to get what its worth, and reading his posts, runs a risk of losing his NCD even though its not his fault.  >:(

And all these accidents will put up all our premiums, due to the carelessness of these arrogant, selfcentred tosspots  >:(
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2011, 20:52:02 »

I hate spetember, something always happens in September. Every  single  year. September comes and i'm on the phone to insurance company, or fixing some sort of damage too minor to bother with yet again.

Also, summer is over(usually) and all of winter is(usually) to be endured. Annual leave is (usually) all gone and it's a long slog to the Xmas break. Trees are turning red and brown and dropping their leaves all over the roads, it's (usually) raining, getting frosty, grey and miserable at best.

I rather hate september.

This September seems to be stuck in June though, wonder why I STILL hate poxy September.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2011, 20:53:58 »

Mrs TB loves September. She says its pretty outside once the leaves change colour.

Women. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 02 October 2011, 20:59:58 »

Yeah they ll say that. Least all the one I know do.  :-\

tony2

• peterlee north east
    • 2.6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 October 2011, 21:43:35 »

hi i allso got rear ended on wed night :'( 19 yr old chinese at roundabout lucky me have towbar fitted took brunt his ins rang 0800 next morning accepting full responabiity  told me where to take car for estimate done thursday afternoon car gets collected tuesday returned approx 3/4 days courtys car supplied hows that for speed :ypstold acces that dont want write off he replied never known one to be wrote off just four rear bumper and TOWBAR that was after his examination did say if no towbar car would have prob written off due to impact

feeutfo

« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2011, 21:52:53 »

Yeah they ll say that. Least all the one I know do.  :-\
I'll try again...
Yeah, they all say that, at least the ones I know do. :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 October 2011, 22:20:51 »

did say if no towbar car would have prob written off due to impact

I'd be very dubious of a report like that. A rear bumper & its associated beam behind is designed to absorb an impact across a wide area of the back. When a towbar is hit, then that impact is absorbed over half a dozen mounting bolts. I've seen the inside of a boot that had a ripple across its floor due to having been hit on the towbar.

albitz

« Reply #13 on: 02 October 2011, 22:28:07 »

New mums are my current pet hate - I was following some bozy bint down the A5 dual carriageway in Milton Keynes, trying to intimidate the stupid tart into getting back in the left lane, only to see she was paying no attention to me or anyone else, but was shaking a toy at, presumably, a little brat strapped on the front seat  >:(

When I drive home from work in the mornings (not at my most alert) I encounter lots of yummy mummies coming in the opposite direction to drop their kids off at a local school. Some of the driving has to be seen to be believed,its nothing short of dangerous/ wreckless driving.On more than one occasion I have been stuck in the middle of the A120 at Coggeshall (if anyone knows that junction) with an artic bearing down on me because one of them has driven into the space I was going to occupy. Im half way through the manouvre with right of way, and they just drive into the space my car is a few feet from, just so they can try to gain a couple of seconds.If you have a go at them (which I do when theyve almost had me killed) the language they scream back would embaress a squaddy - with kids in the car ! No wonder kids grow up like they do nowadays. >:(

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 October 2011, 22:28:51 »

did say if no towbar car would have prob written off due to impact

I'd be very dubious of a report like that. A rear bumper & its associated beam behind is designed to absorb an impact across a wide area of the back. When a towbar is hit, then that impact is absorbed over half a dozen mounting bolts. I've seen the inside of a boot that had a ripple across its floor due to having been hit on the towbar.
Very true... The advantage though, is that it looks OK cosmetically so a few whacks with a hammer and most of the damage is hidden ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.