Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 05 Vx Astra 1.6 Q  (Read 1970 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: 05 Vx Astra 1.6 Q
« Reply #15 on: 19 December 2011, 09:02:53 »

Trusted they may be but clearly, compitent they are not.

There is very little that goes wrong on these and as already said, it needs live data checking to monitor the engine parameters.

A lambda fault code is not a 'lambda is faulty statement', its simply a case of the ECU has spotted that it is out of range and this can be due to a few things.

If you could get it to me I would gladly look at it.
I know it's a trek but well worth taking him up on the offer... At least he knows what he's doing ::) ;D

My 2p is on either an air ingress or (less likely) a faulty MAF, but it needs diagnosing properly :y

As Mark has said, they're usually pretty robust and this is not a reason to take a massive hit and trade it in :o
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 December 2011, 09:30:45 »

I might be well off the mark but anyway:
Dads 02 Astra, 1.6 auto kept stalling and eml ligth on. In the end we put another earthing strip in the engine connected one side to the top of the shock area and the other into a relay box (forgot which one but could get photo if need be).

The stealers were giving it new ecu etc... what do they know.

It has never stalled in the 3 years since.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 December 2011, 22:43:24 »

Trusted they may be but clearly, compitent they are not.

There is very little that goes wrong on these and as already said, it needs live data checking to monitor the engine parameters.

A lambda fault code is not a 'lambda is faulty statement', its simply a case of the ECU has spotted that it is out of range and this can be due to a few things.

If you could get it to me I would gladly look at it.

Mark, that would be great, thank you, you are not that far away really, just checked the Map, thanks to H21 ::) ::)
The car is in the auto electricians tomorrow, I have told Master Vamps about checking the 'live data' if this does not resolve then enough is enough, and a run to yours is the next step.  Not sure what you are up to, funny time of the year, but he could be passing your way on 27th returning from Christmas in Bath, failing that we could set up a day to suit you.... :y  If he is too shy I could bring it down.... :D :D

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 December 2011, 21:29:01 »

Car has been back into auto electrics place today, they did some measurement - Master Vamps is not technical - cleaned the EGR as it is the model where it is too new to blank it off. Apparently it was full of crud and not working, been cleaned and now working, as ir ahould, and with the measurements improved, so hopefully this is sorted, time will tell..... ::)

If this turns out to have been the problem then I will be having a word with our local independent as I would have thought that this is something he should have checked.... :-\ :-\ :-\

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 December 2011, 23:24:40 »

Well, Master Vamps has just come in and informed me the rather orange light is back on.....It's only an Astra  ffs...... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 December 2011, 22:44:05 »

Had an update just now, now he tells me his oil light is coming on..... ::) ::)  I said on the lines of ffs put some oil in it, he said he did a week ago, a big tub ::) guess at least a litre, then he said something about the garage saying if it uses less petrol then it will use more oil, wtf...I think he is misunderstanding what he is being told......I should have stepped in earlier :( :(  Decision made, car is to go, (px) so car shopping now.........  I do not want him taking on finance for years so Bank of Vamps will sub him, he tends to repay at between £500 and £700 a month so won't take him long and no interest... :)

No cam belt history either, that settled the decision, he has been told not to be in such a rush next time.....he accepted the car with the eml light on 2 days before the agreed day when I would have also been with him ::) ::) ::)

Suggested he buy Japanese but he is wanting another Astra unless we see something that takes his fancy within his insurance range.. :) :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 December 2011, 00:01:14 »

I'd have a quick look over it Vamps... Things may not be exactly as described to you ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 December 2011, 00:07:17 »

I'd have a quick look over it Vamps... Things may not be exactly as described to you ;)

Agreed. You've got the car now, might as well try to make it work, if only to sell on a working car rather than practically give away one with faults.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 December 2011, 00:16:43 »

Using oil has be worried though, and I can't help but think back to my last Omega which cost me a small fortune before getting rid..... :( :(  I have a scanner so can switch off the eml light before going into a garage, even if they test drive it, it takes a few hours before coming back on, naughty I Know........ :(

Once faith is lost in a car it has to go, thanks to those who said they would look at it, but this one is going....he can afford to take a hit, Bank of Vamps taking the hit, I just want him happy and reliable.... :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.