Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 LPG Auto Owners - how does your MPG compare?  (Read 2488 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 LPG Auto Owners - how does your MPG compare?
« Reply #15 on: 06 February 2012, 21:00:07 »

I regularly see 32 and at best 35.9 out of my manual 2.6, albeit I know it's missing 578cc  ::)

I wonder what the factory fitted 'dual fuel' Omega's are like, especially how 'factory fitted' the kits really were?

They were shipped off to somewhere in Milton Keynes IIRC.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 February 2012, 21:04:10 »

I regularly see 32 and at best 35.9 out of my manual 2.6, albeit I know it's missing 578cc  ::)

I wonder what the factory fitted 'dual fuel' Omega's are like, especially how 'factory fitted' the kits really were?
They weren't ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 February 2012, 21:09:48 »

James,

Let's be a bit more realistic here... What would the petrol have cost at the same garage you filled up with LPG firstly ::) You've got to compare prices from the same garage, not the most expensive LPG outlet and the cheapest petrol outlet ;)

I've never seen 32mpg out of my 3.2, even when SWMBO does a long motorway run in it.

As per Nigel, my savings are a shade under 10p per litre, always have been and (unless the price of LPG makes a huge jump and close on the petrol price) always will be ;)

Incidentally, that seems very high for LPG in that neck of the woods... It's cheaper than that at my local robbers BP, which is always at least 5p more than the cheaper outlets I use :o

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 February 2012, 21:18:55 »

James,

Let's be a bit more realistic here... What would the petrol have cost at the same garage you filled up with LPG firstly ::) You've got to compare prices from the same garage, not the most expensive LPG outlet and the cheapest petrol outlet ;)

My prices were both from the same garage mate. Shell in Cheltenham. It's the only one I ever use, usually. So, for my situation, is totally realistic ;)

I've never seen 32mpg out of my 3.2, even when SWMBO does a long motorway run in it.

I have achieved it on a few occasions, on a sensible, long run...

Incidentally, that seems very high for LPG in that neck of the woods... It's cheaper than that at my local robbers BP, which is always at least 5p more than the cheaper outlets I use :o

77.9p per litre is the cheapest I can get it, in Cheltenham :(

In Bristol / Cardiff, it's 67.9, but I rarely go to either of those places, anymore , so pay top whack for LPG :(

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 February 2012, 21:25:04 »

In that case, there is an issue at your local LPG supplier (they're robbing gits!) ::) ;D

I do wonder if there is something slightly adrift with the setup :-\ :-\ If you reckon you'd have got 32mpg on petrol, that's what the MID should read even though you were running on LPG (as the petrol injection times should have been the same ;)) :-\

I had to re-calibrate and re-map another member's 3.2 over the weekend because he was having very poor economy and the pressure had shot up causing rough idling and a very poor map... Put it all back to how it should be (1.1 BAR) and it's running sweet as a nut again ;)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 February 2012, 21:28:38 »

Totally agree mate... if I was paying 10p a litre less for the LPG, like some members here are, I'd be laughing and the savings margin would be a lot higher...

In LPGs defence, this example was based on a long run. locally, I get 18mpg on petrol, and 15 on gas - which, is obviously a very good saving - so worth having the LPG just for that.

Whilst I do maintain that usually I can get 32, on a steady run... the MID on this occasion was just under 29mpg. So, I guess 22 on petrol is, somewhere near right. :)

Edited to add - my pressure also runs at 1.1 bar :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 February 2012, 21:43:12 »

James .. have you considered a "countrywide" account ??? Not sure if any of their outlets are near you ..

http://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/pws/Content.ice?page=EnergyAutogas&pgForward=businesscontentbasic#

but they are the cheapest in Swindon where the number of outlets is very limited .. and so expensive !!  Presently I pay 73.92 p/litre including the dreaded

Usefully you can use their pumps 24/7

I know there is a place in Gloucester as I've used it ... not sure how close to you it is but there is a map on the site I've linked to.

HTH

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 February 2012, 21:44:38 »

James .. have you considered a "countrywide" account ??? Not sure if any of their outlets are near you ..

http://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/pws/Content.ice?page=EnergyAutogas&pgForward=businesscontentbasic#

but they are the cheapest in Swindon where the number of outlets is very limited .. and so expensive !!  Presently I pay 73.92 p/litre including the dreaded

Usefully you can use their pumps 24/7

I know there is a place in Gloucester as I've used it ... not sure how close to you it is but there is a map on the site I've linked to.

HTH

Nige, you star! It's around a mile from me! :y

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 February 2012, 21:45:22 »

I'm averaging 23mpg (petrol) on the MID. That is a mixture of round town and dual carriageway driving. I'm not a speed freak (most days), but I don't drive like Ms Daisy either.
I'm happy with that considering what she is ::) :y
AKA - Mr Bracket

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 February 2012, 22:14:21 »

On my 2.6, the run to/from work, M62/M60/M62  :P I used to get about 30mpg on petrol. I currently get, around 27.5 according to the MID, which translates to 23/24/25 actual MPG on LPG. That's a fair old drop. It is possible she would benefit from re-setting up, gas pressure may be a bit too high, but......

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06 February 2012, 22:17:44 »

Interestingly enough, I filled up at a Flogas station recently, and the tank took about 4.5 L less from empty to shut off compared to my usual. Hmmmm

ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 February 2012, 22:31:01 »

On my 2.6, the run to/from work, M62/M60/M62  :P I used to get about 30mpg on petrol. I currently get, around 27.5 according to the MID, which translates to 23/24/25 actual MPG on LPG. That's a fair old drop. It is possible she would benefit from re-setting up, gas pressure may be a bit too high, but......

Ken
That means that the LPG isn't set up 100% right... It shouldn't change the reading on the MID when changing fuel if the petrol injector times are stable... I think it means that it's running a little lean on LPG (relatively) so either the nozzles need to be a smidge larger or the pressure needs upping a touch ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2012, 08:48:39 »

Pah, 32? I've seen near 35mpg from my 3.2....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/803897/Omega/TheChav/Photo%2020-11-2011%2015%2054%2037.jpg

That kind of run you describe though, I'd see more 29/30mpg I think. I'm still not sure about LPG'ing the 3.2, boot space back is good, and I no longer do the miles to justify it. I've done maybe 1,500 miles since I got it 6 months ago, but then again, I can't see myself ever selling it, so maybe its best to get it done  :-\

2.2, easily paid its LPG cost back, but I was doing 500 miles a week then.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2012, 09:40:36 »

Pah, 32? I've seen near 35mpg from my 3.2....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/803897/Omega/TheChav/Photo%2020-11-2011%2015%2054%2037.jpg

That kind of run you describe though, I'd see more 29/30mpg I think. I'm still not sure about LPG'ing the 3.2, boot space back is good, and I no longer do the miles to justify it. I've done maybe 1,500 miles since I got it 6 months ago, but then again, I can't see myself ever selling it, so maybe its best to get it done  :-\

2.2, easily paid its LPG cost back, but I was doing 500 miles a week then.

TBH, I'm not sure I'd convert mine if I was making the decision now... I think it's done 300 miles, perhaps a shade over, in the last 3 months ::) But things will change and I'll have someone else in the van for at least 4 days in 8 so the car will see some use again :y Fortunately I've done a shade over 11k since converting it so it has already paid for itself and saved me a little so there's no loss to be made there :y :y

albitz

« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2012, 09:55:14 »

While were on the subject of LPG Paul - the BP near the footbal ground saga continues.After we last discussed it in a thread I went and filled up there and it took about what I would expect. Filled up there again a week ago and it only took £17 to fill the car up,having done 172 miles since last filled - result !  :)..............went back yesterday,had done 180 miles since last fill up.It took just under 59 litres despite the tank not being empty !! - I honestly think theres something loose inside the pump or something, as its totally unpredictable. ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.