Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 charge voltage  (Read 2407 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 charge voltage
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2007, 12:13:32 »

Does it always start first time?
I like red cars

JeffT

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2007, 12:27:55 »

thanks Tunnie - and thanks Mark J

Changing the coil pack is a doddle - it has to come off to change the plugs which I have done. I can get a replacement for £70 which seems OK - just wish I could be sure it was this without taking it to dealer to get codes read. Is there no way of sticking a wire bridge in a connector somewhere so it flashes the codes on the CEL on the dash? Done this many times on my old Audi and the Impreza.

JeffT

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2007, 12:30:00 »

yup - starts first time - although it has been a bit lumpy of late and takes a few seconds to settle to an even idle

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2007, 12:30:34 »

Changing the coil pack is a doddle - it has to come off to change the plugs which I have done. I can get a replacement for £70 which seems OK - just wish I could be sure it was this without taking it to dealer to get codes read. Is there no way of sticking a wire bridge in a connector somewhere so it flashes the codes on the CEL on the dash? Done this many times on my old Audi and the Impreza.

If it was a pre facelift and not a facelift you may have been able to do the paperclip test. Unfortunately its Tech2 for facelift as far as I'm aware.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2007, 12:33:23 by nixoro »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 January 2007, 13:15:01 »

No paperclip test available on DBW units, so a code reader required.  Cheap ones can be bought ;)
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #20 on: 11 January 2007, 18:26:34 »

Had intermittant loss of power on wifey's Astra which turned out to be the coil pack but this doesnt usually put the eml on because the fault is in the secondary windings and only the primaries are monitored by the ecu ( or can the later s/w detect misfire by listening to the knock sensor??    TB ? )

If eml has been on then there should be fault codes stored, get these read and cleared. If there is just one stored then work from there, if several these could be old problems so you will have to wait for the light to come on again and get it re-read to find out the current problem.

When i put a faulty coil pack (on purpose) into my VeccyC after a few misses the EML came on.....tho i didnt read the codes, but i suspect they would probably say miss fires detected.

If youve recently changed the plugs on it.....you would have noticed if the plug wells are filling with oil......this was the cause of my 2.2 missing recently.....if you carnt get the codes read cheaply, tho worth getting a cheap code reader as you will probably use it at another time....i would go for the cheap option of changing the plugs again.....just in case one is breaking down (also will see if oil in the plug wells) then if no different go for the coil pack  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 January 2007, 20:31:12 »

yup - starts first time - although it has been a bit lumpy of late and takes a few seconds to settle to an even idle

That point suggests dirty breathers.

Dealers do NOT service them, my Dads Omega which is ex-fleet (he drove it as a fleet car & then bought it) I took the breathers & throttle body off and they were really mucky.

Worth giving them a clean!  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 January 2007, 20:33:01 »

I suspect no dealers every clean breathers, or do half the stuff specified by manufacturer  >:(
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 January 2007, 21:12:21 »

I suspect no dealers every clean breathers, or do half the stuff specified by manufacturer  >:(

It is not a service item, my dealer quoted me £95.

I did it myself.
I like red cars

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 January 2007, 22:29:27 »

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 January 2007, 22:32:43 »

My 2.2 40,000 miles and full dealer history - breathers looked like this

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 January 2007, 22:39:16 »

My 2.2 40,000 miles and full dealer history - breathers looked like this

I have yet to get that pipe off on mine, bloody Vx leave the clips facing the wrong way  >:(

JeffT

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2007, 08:32:47 »

I'll clean the breathers before taking it to Vauxhall - anybody got the part numbers of the throttle body and breather sump gasket?

let you know what I find
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.