Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Struggling for selection OmagElite 'S' Plate 1998  (Read 696 times)

Nigel

• Burton on Trent
    • View Profile
Struggling for selection OmagElite 'S' Plate 1998
« on: 20 August 2007, 16:19:42 »

Hi

I have problem with omega elite 'S' reg 1998.  When travelling gearbox/engine seems like it is struggling for selection especially @ 40mph and over not sure if fuel pump related or gearbox (although took car to have diagnosis on gear box and they seemed to think fuel?). Can anyone help please?

« Last Edit: 20 August 2007, 16:55:44 by Nigel »

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Elite 'S' Plate 1998
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2007, 16:24:23 »

Gearbox problems should be dealt with first by an ATF change (Dexron-III) and filter clean/change. This seem to cure many problems.

As for fuel, not sure how it is related to the problem, but at any rate the fuel filter needs replacing every 2 years (it is in the rear under the car) so that's where I would start, and also some fuel treatment such as Redex or Forte injector cleaner (these products are OK, but they don't work miracles though).

These are the very basics... if this does not help than further diagnostic will be required such as reading engine and gearbox ECU fault codes.

« Last Edit: 20 August 2007, 16:25:07 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Nigel

• Burton on Trent
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Elite 'S' Plate 1998
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2007, 16:27:43 »

Thx

Will give that a go.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re:  Struggling for selection OmagElite 'S' P
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2007, 21:59:19 »

Hi

I have problem with omega elite 'S' reg 1998.  When travelling gearbox/engine seems like it is struggling for selection especially @ 40mph and over not sure if fuel pump related or gearbox (although took car to have diagnosis on gear box and they seemed to think fuel?). Can anyone help please?

Is it constantly changing between gears then, is that what you mean?  The v5 firmware on your box is not the best.  If you want the firmware upgraded, see http://theboy.omegaowners.com - M_DTM in Nottingham isn't that far...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.