Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trim levels?  (Read 3808 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Trim levels?
« Reply #15 on: 14 January 2007, 21:59:41 »

I moved up from a GLS to CD for -  heated front seats & dual climate control & different alloys.  

MarkJay is the man with the info though so I'll say no more  :-X
All facelifts have dual climate...

Must've been thinking about my Veccy  :-[  I bought this one cos the dealer knocked a third off new price and threw in free mats  ;) but that was nearly 4 years ago and my mind isn't what it used to be.  CD has clear indicator lenses - GLS orange - I do remember that.  ;)
I though all facelifts had clear indicators (could be wrong) - sure your gls wasn't prefacelift?

Sorry TB I meant the side repeaters - previous was W reg with stainless polished alloys.
Ahh, right :y
Grumpy old man

edwardmickey

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 January 2007, 22:22:21 »

from memory...

don't bother with anything less than a cdx; not much extra to pay for the used market but loads of toys, anyway... for the facelifts from 2002

cd - electric windows x 4; electric mirrors, six speaker stereo with single cd player, climate control (inc air conditioning), trip computer, alloy wheels

cdx - as cd PLUS, heated front seats, electric seats, xenon headlamps, electric sunroof, better alloys, cd player with 4 disc magazine, cruise control

elite - every toy going nearly - as cdx PLUS - electric memory seats, rear blind (up to 52 plate then removed), leather interior, sat nav system, heated rear seats, automatic dipping rear view mirror.

The 2.6 or 3.0/3.2 come with traction control as standard.

Don't bother with the MV6 since this looks sportier on the outside (sportier alloy and spoiler) but closer to the GLS/CD spec inside.

If you click in 'used car specification' withing google.co.uk , check out the virgin site about two options down and follow prompts to used car specifications - selecting 'compare' when you've selected two trim models.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 January 2007, 13:36:29 »

Don't bother with the MV6 since this looks sportier on the outside (sportier alloy and spoiler) but closer to the GLS/CD spec inside.

Personally I'd much rather have an MV6 over a CDX, the only things the MV6 misses from the CDX are cruise control (very easy retrofit on the facelift, basically just needs a new indicator stalk and possibly activated) and electric sunroof (which strangely the prefacelift MV6 has). On the other hand, the MV6 has much better sports seats, better suspension, more likely to have a manual gearbox, and it doesn't have the horrid (IMO) plastic "wood effect" trim.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 January 2007, 13:38:41 »

Personally I'd much rather have an MV6 over a CDX, the only things the MV6 misses from the CDX are cruise control (very easy retrofit on the facelift, basically just needs a new indicator stalk and possibly activated) and electric sunroof (which strangely the prefacelift MV6 has). On the other hand, the MV6 has much better sports seats, better suspension, more likely to have a manual gearbox, and it doesn't have the horrid (IMO) plastic "wood effect" trim.
f/l mv6 also has the rather nasty 2005 cdr player rather than the nicer 2006 4 disc changer...
Grumpy old man

Ghosts in my machine

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 January 2007, 13:57:52 »

My CD has heated seats. Don't know if they were fitted as an option, but I'm sure they were standard on this trim level.

When I went looking for an Omega, I settled on a CD Auto as it has Climate (man's finest invention!) and Heated seats (man's third finest invention after the dishwasher). Fitted Cruise later and now have everything I really need except a built in chauffeur. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Toys are good, but it's just more to go wrong. If you don't need 'em, don't have 'em!

I've seen police facelifts on TV with orange rear indicators. Is this the Elite badging and big V6 but lower GLS trim spec (they always seem to have steel wheels with trims as well).
Dyslexic dwarves.... there not big and they're not clever!

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 15 January 2007, 14:46:31 »

My CD doesn't have Xenons :'(, nor a sun roof, but I fitted a CD changer and cruise.

Really want a Y32SE for it though!

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 January 2007, 15:55:32 »

f/l mv6 also has the rather nasty 2005 cdr player rather than the nicer 2006 4 disc changer...

I consider them all to be junk anyway, usually the first thing I change when I buy a new car is to fit a decent head unit, CD changer or not as the sound quality is usually woeful. It's interesting though in that's another feature of the facelift MV6 that is lower spec than the pre-facelift (which gets 6 CD changer as standard). So other than the electric sunroof and CD changer, is there anything else they dropped from the MV6 spec?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 January 2007, 17:52:58 »

I consider them all to be junk anyway, usually the first thing I change when I buy a new car is to fit a decent head unit, CD changer or not as the sound quality is usually woeful. It's interesting though in that's another feature of the facelift MV6 that is lower spec than the pre-facelift (which gets 6 CD changer as standard). So other than the electric sunroof and CD changer, is there anything else they dropped from the MV6 spec?
I'm old enough now that I don't really want to go changing head units :P

Prefacelift MV6 is CDx spec minus cruise, plus HIDs

Facelift MV6 is CD spec, plus HIDs
Grumpy old man

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 15 January 2007, 18:12:59 »

Plus sports seats and suspension on both I believe. Both of these I consider to be a big plus, I'd rather have MV6 sports seats with cloth than the leather armchairs of the Elite. Certain models have best of both sports leather of course ;)

As for the head unit, my ears bleed when I listen to most factory units. I'm mostly past the whole "modifying" thing cos it's way too much hassle, but when it comes to audio I simply can't enjoy doing any length of journey with crap quality sound. Upgrading the head unit makes a huge difference, followed by a small sub with a low crossover point to keep it subtle but effective. In the past I'd have gone to all the hassle of amping and upgrading the front component speakers too but I can't be bothered these days.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 January 2007, 18:17:37 »

Plus sports seats and suspension on both I believe. Both of these I consider to be a big plus, I'd rather have MV6 sports seats with cloth than the leather armchairs of the Elite. Certain models have best of both sports leather of course ;)

As for the head unit, my ears bleed when I listen to most factory units. I'm mostly past the whole "modifying" thing cos it's way too much hassle, but when it comes to audio I simply can't enjoy doing any length of journey with crap quality sound. Upgrading the head unit makes a huge difference, followed by a small sub with a low crossover point to keep it subtle but effective. In the past I'd have gone to all the hassle of amping and upgrading the front component speakers too but I can't be bothered these days.
Yes the lowering and seats are standard, I was pointing out what one had, and other didn't, but correct, the sports seats etc may be a factor for some (me included).  Actually, Marks_DTM and I are trying to work out if the prefacelift MV6 is lowered  :o

As to the wireless, Radio 1 sounds crap whatever the hardware  ::)

I too have done all the amp stuff in past - 17/18yrs ago ;)
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 January 2007, 19:09:12 »

As long as it receives SAGA loud and clear - who cares ;D
I like red cars

Eddy Matthews

• Thornaby, Cleveland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 January 2007, 20:01:53 »

I'm afraid that I'm now of an age where sound quality isn't a prime concern.... As long as it will pick up Radio 2 and play the odd CD that'll do for me.

Thw whole point of asking about the various trim levels is so that I know what to expect, and also (more importantly), so I can recognise if a car has been rebadged - It has happened to me in the past where I've bought a car only to find it had been rebadged and was actually a lower spec model - Sadly there are far too many dishonest people out there!

Regards
Eddy

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 January 2007, 20:40:55 »

I'm confused, I thought that there were only two versions! upto early 1999 and then big bonnet version!

Please enlighten!

Dave C
Do it right, do it once................

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 January 2007, 22:05:11 »

I'm confused, I thought that there were only two versions! upto early 1999 and then big bonnet version!

Please enlighten!

Dave C

There are two major versions, the ones that you point out. But the first revision had a "mini-facelift" in 1998, when some things were updated such as side airbags, projector headlights (HID on MV6 and Elite), audio controls on the steering wheel, adjustable steering column, etc. Don't quote me on all those, I'm sure one of our gurus will be along to correct any mistakes soon ;)

Am I right in saying that the retail MV6 (i.e. not ex-cop GLS spec ones) came in with the mini-facelift, so are all mini-facelift spec or newer?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 January 2007, 22:06:11 »

Am I right in saying that the retail MV6 (i.e. not ex-cop GLS spec ones) came in with the mini-facelift, so are all mini-facelift spec or newer?
Yes
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.