Author Topic: Israel  (Read 4685 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Israel
« Reply #60 on: 17 October 2023, 16:43:47 »

Munitions runs for the IDF?  ???

Zelenskyy must be looking on enviously and nervously...  :-\

No, the munitions are going in on normal transport types - C-17's and C-5's, and they show on the normal aircraft tracking sites.

The Hercs are special forces types which seem to be being positioned 'just in case', similar to when POTUS went to Kiev last year. These don't show on the tracking sites.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17 October 2023, 17:15:51 »

Munitions runs for the IDF?  ???

Zelenskyy must be looking on enviously and nervously...  :-\

No, the munitions are going in on normal transport types - C-17's and C-5's, and they show on the normal aircraft tracking sites.

The Hercs are special forces types which seem to be being positioned 'just in case', similar to when POTUS went to Kiev last year. These don't show on the tracking sites.

Here's one for you Malc.

Late one night last week, about midnightish I think, I heard a large aircraft go over quite low. When I checked it out it was a Canadian Herc coming from the Azores and went to RAF Waddington.

Wonder what they were doing?  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 17 October 2023, 17:53:05 »

Here's one for you Malc.

Late one night last week, about midnightish I think, I heard a large aircraft go over quite low. When I checked it out it was a Canadian Herc coming from the Azores and went to RAF Waddington.

There was an exercise up at Waddington last month, and the Canadians deployed 6 F-18 Hornets from Canada to Waddington for it. Whilst there one of the F-18's was (and still is I think) broken, so they've been shuttling C-130's and C-17's backwards and forwards from various locations with spares trying to fix it. The Azores (specifically Lajes AB) is a common stopping off point mid Atlantic.

There has also been a Canadian C-130 deployed to Prestwick for the past several months. It typically runs from Scotland to somewhere in south east Europe fairly regularly, and your guess is as good as mine as tomwhat it's carrying. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 17 October 2023, 18:09:43 »

Here's one for you Malc.

There was an exercise up at Waddington last month, and the Canadians deployed 6 F-18 Hornets from Canada to Waddington for it. Whilst there one of the F-18's was (and still is I think) broken, so they've been shuttling C-130's and C-17's backwards and forwards from various locations with spares trying to fix it. The Azores (specifically Lajes AB) is a common stopping off point mid Atlantic.

There has also been a Canadian C-130 deployed to Prestwick for the past several months. It typically runs from Scotland to somewhere in south east Europe fairly regularly, and your guess is as good as mine as tomwhat it's carrying. ::)

I wondered whether it was a refuelling stop, but the Azores is quite a detour from Canadia and I'd have thought that the Hercs could do Newfoundland to the UK in one hop anyway?  :-\

Maybe the crew needed refuelling?  ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 17 October 2023, 18:27:04 »

Bit of digging - on 3rd October around 10pm it was callsign "Canforce 2514", C-130J tail number 130614, and yes it came in from Lajes and landed at Waddington. Don't know why it came in that way, but if it was carrying spares for the dead F-18 it's possible it didn't start out from Canada - it could have come from one of the logistics bases in the USA where the spares are stored.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 17 October 2023, 18:57:10 »

Bit of digging - on 3rd October around 10pm it was callsign "Canforce 2514", C-130J tail number 130614, and yes it came in from Lajes and landed at Waddington. Don't know why it came in that way, but if it was carrying spares for the dead F-18 it's possible it didn't start out from Canada - it could have come from one of the logistics bases in the USA where the spares are stored.

That makes sense, especially if it started out from somewhere like Arizona.   Thanks Malc.  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 17 October 2023, 18:59:31 »

The Spanish Airforce have F16s based in Gran Canaria. Not a massive stretch to think that the Portuguese do something similar. All NATO partners and all that... ;)

Technically, you don't need any steps to board any 747, having boarded a couple via the avionics bay. Ironically both were El Al aircraft :-X

I was being slightly facetious, if Sippy Cup walked out of 2L without steps I doubt he would survive the fall... (shattered legs, pelvis and lower spine are pretty typical even on healthy people... add in bags and you can add wrists to the list), so a belt loader would suffice to get the ensuing pine box into the bulk hold.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 17 October 2023, 19:55:07 »

Meanwhile...........its being reported that a Hospital in Gaza has been hit by an Israeli missile, killing over 500 people.
That really isnt going to help their cause. They need to be a lot more careful by the sound of things.  :(
« Last Edit: 17 October 2023, 20:04:26 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 17 October 2023, 20:06:44 »

I don't know why we/they/everyone even bothered with the Geneva Convention, rules of engagement, humanitarian laws, etc. In every conflict that has taken place in the last 50 years or so, they have been totally ignored, only a few Africans and Serbs have been held to account.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 17 October 2023, 20:46:19 »

The Spanish Airforce have F16s based in Gran Canaria. Not a massive stretch to think that the Portuguese do something similar. All NATO partners and all that... ;)

The Spanish don't operate F-16', but they do have F-18's at Gando in Gran Canaria. Nothing at Lajes in the Azores though, coz that's a Portugese territory.

The Portugese do operate F-16's (although they've flogged half of them to Romania), but they are all based north of Lisbon at Monte Real - only a few Search and Rescue types based at Lajes. However, it was a big USAF/NATO staging post over the Atlantic quite until recently, and still gets a lot of transient traffic.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 17 October 2023, 20:49:23 »

The Spanish don't operate F-16', but they do have F-18's at Gando in Gran Canaria. Nothing at Lajes in the Azores though, coz that's a Portugese territory.

The Portugese do operate F-16's (although they've flogged half of them to Romania), but they are all based north of Lisbon at Monte Real - only a few Search and Rescue types based at Lajes. However, it was a big USAF/NATO staging post over the Atlantic quite until recently, and still gets a lot of transient traffic.
DOH, of course they're F18 s in GC :-[ have built models of both, so I should really be able to tell them apart :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 17 October 2023, 21:12:26 »

Meanwhile...........its being reported that a Hospital in Gaza has been hit by an Israeli missile, killing over 500 people.
That really isnt going to help their cause. They need to be a lot more careful by the sound of things.  :(

The Israelis are saying that the missile was a stray Islamic Jihad missile from a barrage of missiles fired at Israel.  I hope they are right and I hope they can prove it.

Apparently the Israeli Embassy in Amman, Jordan has been breached by protestors.  :-\  :(

« Last Edit: 17 October 2023, 21:20:57 by Sir Tigger KC »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 17 October 2023, 21:27:06 »

The Israelis are saying that the missile was a stray Islamic Jihad missile from a barrage of missiles fired at Israel.  I hope they are right and I hope they can prove it.

Apparently the Israeli Embassy in Amman, Jordan has been breached by protestors.  :-\  :(
Have the Americans arrived already?

Joking aside, it won't be long before Amman and Cairo get onto our no go list :-\

Egypt will be pleased because if it doesn't take much of a leap to start picking on tourists of countries that support Israel just in time for the winter sun season...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 17 October 2023, 21:34:17 »

Me too. If it turned out to be the Israelis they will lose a lot of support. If they can prove the Islamist Barbarians did this to their own people it should be the end of any support for them from anywhere.
Truth is the first casualty of war, so who really knows at the moment ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 17 October 2023, 21:36:28 »

Have the Americans arrived already?

Joking aside, it won't be long before Amman and Cairo get onto our no go list :-\

Egypt will be pleased because if it doesn't take much of a leap to start picking on tourists of countries that support Israel just in time for the winter sun season...

Reportedly an Egyptian minister said today that if Europe is so keen on human rights they can take a million Gazan refugees.  ::)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.