Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Insurance.  (Read 4665 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Car Insurance.
« Reply #30 on: 21 June 2020, 13:34:00 »

Just renewed the Range Rover with LV mentioned that I had now retired & the fact that my mileage would now be reducing went from £330  to £260..😃

Rumour has it that the reason that Lord Opti's insurance is so cheap is that not only is he a retired gentleman like yourself Mick, but he is insured for Social Pleasure only and with limited mileage, so he can poodle round locally visiting his mistresses.  :y
Does he do any miles? I thought he just sat in in revving the 'nads off it.

About 5000 miles in the Indian and about 15000 in the mighty Signum. :)

Petrol consumption overall about 17 MPG, and roughly 26 MPG in the classic and highly sought after Vauxhall. ::)

When you decide to break(scrap) the Sigmund, can I have the brakes for my posh Vectra :D

Yes, BG.........would the 2.8T V6 be of any use? ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 June 2020, 14:21:39 »

That'll drop straight in :D

Needs a proper gearbox to get proper power out of it though...

235 bhp from that doesn't really need forced induction :P
Onanists always think outside the box.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 June 2020, 16:56:45 »

Just renewed the Range Rover with LV mentioned that I had now retired & the fact that my mileage would now be reducing went from £330  to £260..😃

Rumour has it that the reason that Lord Opti's insurance is so cheap is that not only is he a retired gentleman like yourself Mick, but he is insured for Social Pleasure only and with limited mileage, so he can poodle round locally visiting his mistresses.  :y

Petrol consumption overall about 17 MPG, and roughly 26 MPG in the classic and highly sought after Vauxhall. ::)

When you decide to break(scrap) the Sigmund, can I have the brakes for my posh Vectra :D

Mmm, not a bad idea, and it won't cost £500 per year road tax in my Vectra, only £385. Should kill a few more fluffy Pilar Bears
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 June 2020, 18:23:33 »

Mmm, not a bad idea, and it won't cost £500 per year road tax in my Vectra, only £385. Should kill a few more fluffy Pilar Bears

On monthly DD the figure is now £600 PA. :-\

Fifty quid a month.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 June 2020, 18:56:58 »

On monthly DD the figure is now £600 PA. :-\

Fifty quid a month for a rusty old Vauxhall FFS. ::)

FTFY M'Lud!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 June 2020, 20:24:42 »

That'll drop straight in :D

Needs a proper gearbox to get proper power out of it though...

235 bhp from that doesn't really need forced induction :P

Mine is the latter version with 250 BHP..... :P

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 June 2020, 22:14:19 »

What's them then?   ??? ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 June 2020, 23:02:30 »

Statues of polar bears. Arranged Greek stylee across the porch :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 June 2020, 13:36:25 »

Just had a message from my Insurer for the Omega saying that due to the Virus and the fact that we were not driving as much they are sending me a € 30 gift voucher for some rip off on line merchant .
€ 560 they charged me this year for the Omega and it hasn't turned a 'kin wheel. No chance of searching for an alternative insurer as Insurance companies over here will not insure any car over 15 years old stating that after that age they are all being used and driven by fraudsters and scammers  .....Only in backward greedy ireland ! The only way to maintain insurance is to stay with your current insurer as they are obliged to renew.
Whereas once it gets to 30 yo the classic insurance brigade are clambouring for your business at a fraction of the cost being paid just now.
My E24 has agreed value insurance of €18 K for € 220.
When I renewed the Omega's policy this year I told them that I had , correctly , calculated that I had had approx 88 annual car insurance policies in my lifetime for private , business , commercial and classic vehicles most if not all running concurrently and never a claim on any to which she replied " we only go back five years with NCD......" Bitch . >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.