Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Beam Fld/Vision  (Read 3484 times)

touheyc

• Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Low Beam Fld/Vision
« on: 29 July 2007, 21:06:26 »

I have a 2000 Facelift Vauxhall Omega with HID headlights

Today the following message as come up on the screen in the car Low Beam Fld/Vision - I have checked all the lights and all the bulbs are functioning.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be and what I can check/test

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Low Beam Fld/Vision
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2007, 21:17:04 »

I have a 2000 Facelift Vauxhall Omega with HID headlights

Today the following message as come up on the screen in the car Low Beam Fld/Vision - I have checked all the lights and all the bulbs are functioning.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be and what I can check/test

Could be one of the level sensors, FNS wishbone or RNS radius arm, that are U/S (like mine :()

touheyc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2007, 21:37:24 »

Ive just parked the car up against a wall and turned on the lights before switching on the ignition.

Normally when I turn on the ignition with the lights all ready on the both lights dip down and back up again, this time neither of the lights dipped

could this be as simple as a fuse?   or more complicated like a sensor or motor ??

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2007, 23:46:03 »

Ive just parked the car up against a wall and turned on the lights before switching on the ignition.

Normally when I turn on the ignition with the lights all ready on the both lights dip down and back up again, this time neither of the lights dipped

could this be as simple as a fuse?   or more complicated like a sensor or motor ??
Its a warning saying that autolevelling isn't working, and it will try to get them as low as possible.

Most likely cause is failed link arm to sensor (hopefully) or server (hope not).

As a first port of call, check that the link arm is connected to sensors from suspension. One of NSF wishbone, other NSR trailing arm.
Grumpy old man

Mike Collins

• North of Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2007, 21:09:41 »

finally got to the bottom of low beam field on our 2.5, removed and dismantled left hand servo motor. I have never seen such a corroded mess, completely beyond salvation. Managed to find a replacement on ebay, fitted and now happily working.

luv_my_mv6

• Northwood (London)
  • Just one thing after another
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2007, 21:30:15 »

After having similar problems a while back, I was advised similar to you, my problem was the front sensor had come off on the front n/s wishbone, it was dirty and when cleaned wouldnt pop back on without coming off a mile down the road..... someone here (cant remember who) said to wrap a laggy band around it to secure it in place.... well im still going strong 800 miles on  ;D heck if the laggy band breaks, just stick another on.. cheaper than a new sensor  :y

touheyc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2007, 13:15:13 »

Thanks Guys,   I found that the sensor on the NSF wishbone was broken,  managed to get a new one from Vauxhall and will be fitting later this week  Cheers to all for your help   :y :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2007, 20:47:25 »

Thanks Guys,   I found that the sensor on the NSF wishbone was broken,  managed to get a new one from Vauxhall and will be fitting later this week  Cheers to all for your help   :y :y :y
:D
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.