Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rev sensor?  (Read 994 times)

levaz

• View Profile
Rev sensor?
« on: 09 July 2007, 20:20:29 »

Hi Guys,
    Have a problem with my auto 2.5td, would be great if anyone could help. Basically if im sitting at 40+mph for more than 10 seconds and i let my foot off the throttle the electronic light comes on, and for that short period of time, you cant accelerate or rev the engine untill the light turns off. And on some occasions the engine stalls and i have to drop it into neutral boot it up and then back into drive so its abit of a pain. The engine has been fitted with a powerbox by psi motorsport and has a sports auto box. Dont know if that would make any difference.

Any suggestions chaps?

Thanks
Dave

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Rev sensor?
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2007, 21:14:25 »

Hi Guys,
    Have a problem with my auto 2.5td, would be great if anyone could help. Basically if im sitting at 40+mph for more than 10 seconds and i let my foot off the throttle the electronic light comes on, and for that short period of time, you cant accelerate or rev the engine untill the light turns off. And on some occasions the engine stalls and i have to drop it into neutral boot it up and then back into drive so its abit of a pain. The engine has been fitted with a powerbox by psi motorsport and has a sports auto box. Dont know if that would make any difference.

Any suggestions chaps?

Thanks
Dave
What kind of device is the powerbox?  Is it a proper chip, a tuning box, or a dumb resistor? If the latter, take it off and bin it.  If tuning box, adjust to make it standard and test. If chip, put original back in, and test.

You will need to get codes read if it reoccurs.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.