Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CCR2005 Headunit Code  (Read 2198 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
CCR2005 Headunit Code
« on: 12 February 2010, 21:01:27 »

How long does it take for CCR2005 to 'loose' its code? Just changed the battery on father tuns 2.2 (was original! lasted 9 years!  :o)

No battery was present for a good 30 seconds to 1 min, it did not need the code entering, and it remembered all the radio stations  :)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 21:01:45 by tunnie »

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
Re: CCR2005 Headunit Code
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2010, 21:07:47 »

I swopped one recently and it was already decoded.
So when reinstalled it worked ok and kept the pre-sets.
Maybe yours is the same. :y

Mick

Welung666

« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2010, 21:08:14 »

2005's are coded to the car when fitted, don't try fitting it in another car though as it will lock it solid!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2010, 21:09:05 »

nah its not been decoded, had since it was new, was a company lease car which was purchased when the scheme was canceled. Its about as factory standard as you get, and the radio has never been taken out / tampered with at-all

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2010, 21:10:00 »

2005's are coded to the car when fitted, don't try fitting it in another car though as it will lock it solid!

You can fit them in other cars, just enter the code. Its the NCDC 2013/2015's which are paired to the cars immobilisers and useless in other cars....

Welung666

« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2010, 21:19:08 »

You can fit them in other cars, just enter the code. Its the NCDC 2013/2015's which are paired to the cars immobilisers and useless in other cars....

I was close ;D You can fit it in another car and enter the code but it won't ask when you refit it to the original car then ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2010, 23:02:49 »

NCDC not paired to the immobiliser but generally uses the same security code  ;)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2010, 08:01:04 »

I was close ;D You can fit it in another car and enter the code but it won't ask when you refit it to the original car then ;)

Nope, wrong on both counts.

2005 is NOT paired to a specific car, and will need its 4 digit code entered when reconnected, irrespective of the vehicle its going into.

Not uncommon to retain its memory for near 10 mins though, but that is certainly not the norm.

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2010, 08:03:34 »

NCDC not paired to the immobiliser but generally uses the same security code  ;)

Correct, its a bit of a hybrid system - whilst the later CAN stereos are indeed paired to the actual car itself, the NCXX stereos are simply paired to each of its own components, head, changer, telematics etc, all of which are paired together using the same pairing code from the original vehicle

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2010, 09:44:28 »

How long does it take for CCR2005 to 'loose' its code? Just changed the battery on father tuns 2.2 (was original! lasted 9 years!  :o)

No battery was present for a good 30 seconds to 1 min, it did not need the code entering, and it remembered all the radio stations  :)
cdr500s normally retain radio stations (after a search) whilst changing battery. Suspect 2005 will be same.

Should ask for code, unless code disabled (Please read the manual!)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2010, 09:45:47 »

cdr500s normally retain radio stations (after a search) whilst changing battery. Suspect 2005 will be same.

Should ask for code, unless code disabled (Please read the manual!)

No need, got this place  ;D

Don't re-call the code being disabled  :-/

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2010, 19:47:20 »

Took battery off to charge over night put code in, in the morning done the same again didnt need code?????? :-/

Wag

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2010, 15:03:32 »

I changed my battery last weekend. Same CCR2005 model. Snapped the battery retaining plate bolt off when undoing. I filed it flat, centre popped it, drilled it out, tapped it swapped the battery. Reconnected up and my head unit didnt need a code and remembered all presets!! Must have been disconnected well over 15mins. Was expecting a decode bill 4 sure - as I had no code when I bought the car.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2010, 15:51:01 »

Correct, its a bit of a hybrid system - whilst the later CAN stereos are indeed paired to the actual car itself, the NCXX stereos are simply paired to each of its own components, head, changer, telematics etc, all of which are paired together using the same pairing code from the original vehicle

;)

Actualy, the later CAN bus setups arnt paried to the car either. I have done loads of testing for that on my mum bus with a CD30MP3 and CD70

They are paired to the Display, Bluetooth (if fitted), DAB (if fitted) and thats about it.

They do have the chassis number entered into them but, this can be changed with Tech2 easily (and is also a method for getting the security code from a friendly dealer !  :y) and none of the other body systems check this.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 February 2010, 16:25:12 »

;)

Actualy, the later CAN bus setups arnt paried to the car either. I have done loads of testing for that on my mum bus with a CD30MP3 and CD70

They are paired to the Display, Bluetooth (if fitted), DAB (if fitted) and thats about it.

They do have the chassis number entered into them but, this can be changed with Tech2 easily (and is also a method for getting the security code from a friendly dealer !  :y) and none of the other body systems check this.
Which reminds me, Mr DTM, I have that CD70 for you to test, and ensure is in delivery mode for me :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.