Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gm exhaust numbers  (Read 5345 times)

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
Re: Gm exhaust numbers
« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2020, 20:24:42 »

This forum as usual answering unasked questions and going of on tangent.

All i asked for was part numbers of gm system

Thats it. Not a reply to say theyr sh1t... dear... etc just asked for part numbers.. thats it.

All im after is a good standard replacement that isnt boomy or tinny. Not much to ask. Jist as close to original as possible.

No stainless isnt viable as nearly 600 and the jetex system isnt what im after.

Custom made wont be quiet unless spending a lot of money..past jetex money.. powerflow longlife etc all generic boxs pipes etc nothing special spund nice but wont br good on nvh

Cheers to Enceladus   johnnydog   tigers_gonads actually for a nice bit of information and help.

As usual doctor gollum  just not helpful rather people didnt right anything if not goung to help or just be rude about people

quote author=Doctor Gollum link=topic=146949.msg1948147#msg1948147 date=1592587338]
I give up ;D

You're obviously overcomplicating it.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: 19 June 2020, 20:31:52 by laney101 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 June 2020, 20:40:01 »

Not a single 'please' and I'm rude? ???

;D

You asked a question on a public forum and once again when a variety of people with significantly more Omega experience than you could only dream off give your several different options, you get all narky because 'it wasn't what you asked'.

My last Elite had custom stainless cats, centre pipes and Irmscher back box and was as refined as any standard Omega that ever rolled out of Russelheim.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 19 June 2020, 20:46:48 »

Kwik Fit should be able to offer advice on this matter.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 June 2020, 20:49:50 »

buy Ear plugs or turn the radio up load till MOT time  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 June 2020, 20:59:53 »

The OP doesn't want a custom stainless. And probably understandably.

The OP wants GM, but sadly I think will be disappointed by what GM now supply - I know I was.

For the past 10 years or so*, all mine have had either Eternal or ETS exhausts one, with decent results, far better than the Bosal junk fitted by fast fit places.  And if I needed one tomorrow, thats again my first choice.

* Except TBE, which has Eternal mid sections, but Irmscher backbox
Grumpy old man

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2020, 21:06:00 »

Thank you for a normal good response the boy.

Yes I would like gum however if general consensus is the price isn’t justified and quality as dropped then fair enuf..

Eternal and ets again think I’m gonna go with one of them a few people now have said them two and all seem to say have good results.

Cheers again  theboy. Helpful and constructive advice.

The OP wants GM, but sadly I think will be disappointed by what GM now supply - I know I was.

For the past 10 years or so*, all mine have had either Eternal or ETS exhausts one, with decent results, far better than the Bosal junk fitted by fast fit places.  And if I needed one tomorrow, thats again my first choice.

Doctor Gollum once again  not helpful useful or needed.  Yes public forum supposed to be full of people sharing knowledge advice etc etc.

And also how the hell do u know what knowledge I do or don’t have .. more knowledge than I could dream of jog on mate keep of my posts as to be your just not helpful in the slightest.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2020, 21:13:02 »

;D

Ok, how many miles have you put on your Omega compared to all the people who have contributed to this thread?

Lose the attitude and tidy all your toys away.  :-*

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2020, 21:19:36 »

The whole point of 'custom' is that you get, within reason, what you ask (and pay) for... Applies to exhuausts just as much as kitchens or landscaping.

People assume, wrongly, that a custom exhaust means four inch beanz canz on the end of a scaffold pole.

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2020, 21:20:25 »

No attitude how about you leave useful comments to people who can give them :)

Me in my Omega

This one 40k
2.6 elite 25k
2.5 mini facelift 15k

How long been around Omega 13years current Omega was dads before mine dad bought 4 years old had it for long time till passed to me.

All work been carried out by ourselves

Cam belt changes suspension repairs body welding electrical issues

I know my way around them quite well thankyou  :) as much as I need to know anyways always be someone knows more. As as people know far more than you.

and what you said about knowledge is irrelevant as to what part number are gym exhaust haha or what exhaust is quiet. Simple questions simple answers as said the boy has helped in one reply. You haven’t helped at all with any of the posts you put in this

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2020, 21:22:42 »

Once again I know but unfortunately (from experience) most outfitters ie power flow long life etc just franchises they know very little of exhaust design. How a system scavenges weather a x pipe is needed to balance pulses etc so never end up great.

I true custom shop yes that design it well would be amazing but as you said be very very expensive to get it as I be had quotes for a proper designed system in past looking at 1200 to 1400 for cat back. Just can’t justify it
« Last Edit: 19 June 2020, 21:25:28 by laney101 »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2020, 22:04:28 »

Once again I know but unfortunately (from experience) most outfitters ie power flow long life etc just franchises they know very little of exhaust design. How a system scavenges weather a x pipe is needed to balance pulses etc so never end up great.

I do agree with you there. Before I fitted my Jetex system, which I never had any issues with noise wise, my car was booked in to Long Life at Weston-on-the-Green near Bicester. I'd told them that I wanted a complete duplicate of my original GM system on my 3.2 and they agreed that they could do it. I arrived for my appointment, my car went on the ramps and I just managed to stop the guy from cutting the Cat flange off. I asked what the hell he was doing and he said the easiest way was to weld the new pipe over the old pipe. I then noticed that they were going to run a single pipe instead of dual pipe so I got them to remove my car off the ramps and I left without having anything done. Some people have had good results elsewhere but I wouldn't use them or Powerflow personally. Jetex are a matter of choice but too expensive this late in the game for an older car. I have heard good reports of Eternal/ETS but have no personal experience of them. The reviews on here for them are good sound wise, they appear good value and if you've kept your original exhaust tips you could make it look as it was when it left the factory.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2020, 22:13:07 »

Cheers for great insight. I don’t mind spending 500 ish on the Jetex just didn’t want to and find out on a motorway it boomy or can hear while sitting at 70 droning away.  I’d have to have tips removed though just not a fan but as you say personal preference.

Yes consensus seems eternal and ets seem good replacements

Yer I’ve had power flow in past they work but that’s it.

I do agree with you there. Before I fitted my Jetex system, which I never had any issues with noise wise, my car was booked in to Long Life at Weston-on-the-Green near Bicester. I'd told them that I wanted a complete duplicate of my original GM system on my 3.2 and they agreed that they could do it. I arrived for my appointment, my car went on the ramps and I just managed to stop the guy from cutting the Cat flange off. I asked what the hell he was doing and he said the easiest way was to weld the new pipe over the old pipe. I then noticed that they were going to run a single pipe instead of dual pipe so I got them to remove my car off the ramps and I left without having anything done. Some people have had good results elsewhere but I wouldn't use them or Powerflow personally. Jetex are a matter of choice but too expensive this late in the game for an older car. I have heard good reports of Eternal/ETS but have no personal experience of them. The reviews on here for them are good sound wise, they appear good value and if you've kept your original exhaust tips you could make it look as it was when it left the factory.  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2020, 22:20:41 »

Cheers for great insight. I don’t mind spending 500 ish on the Jetex just didn’t want to and find out on a motorway it boomy or can hear while sitting at 70 droning away.  ....

I had a Jetex on my 3.0 I never found it to be boomy or generally noisy  :y

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 June 2020, 22:25:17 »

Andy b cheers for comment. So another who reckons jetex is quiet Inside

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 June 2020, 22:41:36 »

Not to mention that you likely won't be able to get one from Vauxhall in the UK. There might be a remote chance of a special order from Germany, but I would imagine it will cost more then the value of your car.

The best bet is one of these kits @ £112 delivered. Make an offer of £70 (+ delivery), they usually make a counter offer which will get the total outlay closer to £100. The  usually arrive from Germany within a week. Or perhaps Poland where they are made. However the listing says these kits are actually now in the UK, for a change.

Some members have also had success with these Gerlach kits @ £127 delivered from Germany. I think they're also made in Poland.

One issue with all of the aftermarket centre boxes is that the pipes are cut, to shorten the packaging length and reduce freight costs. They give you clamping sleeves to join the pieces back together. Functionally they're fine but it makes the exhaust slightly more awkward to fit.

I need the Pre-Cat any links to them ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.