Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rubber door seals  (Read 1353 times)

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
Rubber door seals
« on: 08 June 2010, 11:15:30 »

Has anyone replaced the rubber door seals on a car before. The reason i am asking is because i would like to change mine on both the cars and was wondering what i should look out for when purchasing a length of seal. There is quite alot on ebay but i want a good quality one so any recommendations please.

Cheers
Kieran

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Rubber door seals
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2010, 11:19:53 »

Has anyone replaced the rubber door seals on a car before. The reason i am asking is because i would like to change mine on both the cars and was wondering what i should look out for when purchasing a length of seal. There is quite alot on ebay but i want a good quality one so any recommendations please.

Cheers
Kieran

A length of seal? I think you must've found seal intended to go on a restored car of the 50s or 60s The door seals on your car are specific to that door. Why do you want to change them? If it's for ripped seals or dirty stained part you can see from inside I'd suggest you look for A N Other seal from a car being broken. I've never priced a new Omega seal, but I did for my Manta years ago & Vauxhall wanted a fortune for it.  :y

same #same#

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorks
  • dont blame me im dyslexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2010, 11:23:06 »

and they are glue'd on for extra seal....

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2010, 11:28:19 »

no they're not  :-?, they just push onto the lip inside the door reveal.  :y

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2010, 11:33:55 »

Cheers
Kieran

A length of seal? I think you must've found seal intended to go on a restored car of the 50s or 60s The door seals on your car are specific to that door. Why do you want to change them? If it's for ripped seals or dirty stained part you can see from inside I'd suggest you look for A N Other seal from a car being broken. I've never priced a new Omega seal, but I did for my Manta years ago & Vauxhall wanted a fortune for it.  :y
I am getting alot of wind noise in the Senator (not me) and after having a close look at all the gaps and fittings i can't see anything wrong. I  was hoping that it would be just a universal fit seal for Vauxhalls that you could buy at length and cut off the the amount you needed for each door. Thought if i had some i could do the Omega as well as some of the seals are getting slightly perished. Obviously reading the comments i am unable to do this and looks like i will have to purchase specifically for each door from Vauxhall. Expensive if you are not sure where the noise is coming from and hoping for a cheap easy fix.

Cheers
Kieran

same #same#

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2010, 11:38:44 »

mine all were when taking them off to get carpet out white glue rubbery on metal lips.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2010, 11:42:06 »

I am getting alot of wind noise in the Senator (not me) and after having a close look at all the gaps and fittings i can't see anything wrong.  ......

:( and not many Senators around these days to get a second hand seal from. Have you joined  the Autobahnstormers? There might be the odd car there being broken. I doubt that you'd be able to get new from Vauxhall now anyway ...... even if you had the money.  :-/

Would it make a difference if the door catch was moved in a little?  :-/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2010, 11:43:16 »

mine all were when taking them off to get carpet out white glue rubbery on metal lips.

Mine have all just been pushed on, might be a bit of stray screen bonding glue around .....  ;)

same #same#

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2010, 11:47:04 »

just an idea but dose the window rubber meet the windows, has had a bad one ages ago and that made sound like wind getting in.

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2010, 11:49:29 »

I am getting alot of wind noise in the Senator (not me) and after having a close look at all the gaps and fittings i can't see anything wrong.  ......

:( and not many Senators around these days to get a second hand seal from. Have you joined  the Autobahnstormers? There might be the odd car there being broken. I doubt that you'd be able to get new from Vauxhall now anyway ...... even if you had the money.  :-/

Would it make a difference if the door catch was moved in a little?  :-/[/quote]
Worth  a try. Yes i do belong to Autobahnstormers and from what i can gather is i may be able to get a replacement seal but i think it would be quite expensive. I was asking just on the off chance if they could be replaced with a length of seal and i could have done the Omega as well.

Kieran

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2010, 11:51:44 »

just an idea but dose the window rubber meet the windows, has had a bad one ages ago and that made sound like wind getting in.
I will have another look.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.