Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Omega Replacement  (Read 7235 times)

STMO123

Re: Possible Omega Replacement
« Reply #60 on: 29 January 2008, 15:34:17 »

You all want to buy astras, I know you do. :P

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #61 on: 29 January 2008, 15:37:46 »

careful or someone will; hunt you down and stick a Ford badge on your motor....   ;D
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

STMO123

« Reply #62 on: 29 January 2008, 15:39:30 »

careful or someone will; hunt you down and stick a Ford badge on your motor....   ;D

Wouldn't mind a nice mondeo TDCi  :y

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 29 January 2008, 15:43:35 »

Son, you are one sick MoFo....   ;)

STMO123

« Reply #64 on: 29 January 2008, 15:45:03 »

Long time since I've been called son......sick MoFo, all the time.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29 January 2008, 15:49:05 »

Is there such a thing?

Had one sitting behind me at a junction this morning (in the westfield, so his engine was about 4 feet behind my ear). Couldn't work out where the death rattle was coming from. Made me check my oil pressure damn quick and give the throttle a blip just in case. Then I realised it was the car behind. I hope they've got a lot of sound deadening material to stop it getting inside!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STMO123

« Reply #66 on: 29 January 2008, 15:51:40 »

Is there such a thing?

Had one sitting behind me at a junction this morning (in the westfield, so his engine was about 4 feet behind my ear). Couldn't work out where the death rattle was coming from. Made me check my oil pressure damn quick and give the throttle a blip just in case. Then I realised it was the car behind. I hope they've got a lot of sound deadening material to stop it getting inside!

Kevin

Never driven one, just going on what I've heard. Mata of mine has got one, doesn't sound too noisy at all :-/

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29 January 2008, 15:51:52 »

Long time since I've been called son......sick MoFo, all the time.

t'was a misquote from film history.....  No Son of mine would have a Ford anything !

(including Fords disguised as Jags)  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 January 2008, 15:53:11 »

Never driven one, just going on what I've heard. Mata of mine has got one, doesn't sound too noisy at all

Maybe this one was cold - or knackered.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 January 2008, 15:54:01 »

Maybe this one was cold - or knackered.

Kevin

Or a Ford :D

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29 January 2008, 16:02:48 »

Is there such a thing?

Kevin

Never driven one, just going on what I've heard. Mata of mine has got one, doesn't sound too noisy at all :-/

I've driven one, and much as it's not the kind of car I'd buy (not keen on FWD nor diseasel), it's a very good car relative to its peers in the lower repmobile market. Far, far better car than the Vectra.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2008, 16:03:22 by Paul_M »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29 January 2008, 16:48:28 »

You consider that a good thing?!? The car I hired in the US last summer had the "hand" brake on the floor, what a complete PITA that thing was. I certainly would not buy a car with such a crappy design. Maybe I'm in the minority these days in that I actually use the handbrake at traffic lights etc rather than sitting with the footbrake pressed, cooking the pads onto the discs after a spirited run? Same goes for that crappy electric handbrake fitted to the new Passat.... the old design has worked perfectly for far longer than I've been alive, why break something that "just works"?

Can't see myself considering a Mercedes any time soon anyway, most of them are very old man. They may be RWD but few of them are much fun to drive IMO. I've not yet tried the new A4 but I bet that would be more enjoyable (with quattro of course) than a C class. Still much rather have a 330 than either of them, properly enjoyable to drive. Screw the image, the Omega isn't exactly a desirable car, and TBH round here the image of your average Mercedes repmobile driver is just as bad as BMW, only older.

You will struggle when you insist on using 3 pedals.  ;) The rest of us have evolved to be able to use just the 2 in which case the parking brake can be used just for that.  :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29 January 2008, 16:56:18 »

....... the old design has worked perfectly for far longer than I've been alive, why break something that "just works"?

You're right!! I'm off to buy a horse! That was aound for a very very very long time before even I was born!
When you fitting the carb to your car? That was around for a very long time before you or I were born too. Things progress, and when you're designing a car that will predominantly have an auto box in, why bother with a hand operated hand brake? A lot of cars used to have column gear change & umberella hand brakes so that they could fit a front bench seat, but because manufacturers all want to be the same and not be different, so we now have the situation where they all fit the same kind of extras or gimmicks.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 29 January 2008, 17:03:15 »

....... the old design has worked perfectly for far longer than I've been alive, why break something that "just works"?

You're right!! I'm off to buy a horse! That was aound for a very very very long time before even I was born!
When you fitting the carb to your car? That was around for a very long time before you or I were born too. Things progress, and when you're designing a car that will predominantly have an auto box in, why bother with a hand operated hand brake? A lot of cars used to have column gear change & umberella hand brakes so that they could fit a front bench seat, but because manufacturers all want to be the same and not be different, so we now have the situation where they all fit the same kind of extras or gimmicks.

Ahh the memories ... Ford Consul Mk1 ... best passion wagon I ever had, bench seat, little catch in the middle it slid right back, very comfortable and loads of room ... shame the heater was c**p .. used to get very cold in the winter.... just had to find another way of warming up ....  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 29 January 2008, 17:09:14 »

Ahh the memories ... Ford Consul Mk1 ... best passion wagon I ever had, bench seat, little catch in the middle it slid right back, very comfortable and loads of room ... shame the heater was c**p .. used to get very cold in the winter.... just had to find another way of warming up ....  :)

There's always one that will lower the tone of a conversation!
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.