Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More from Littlejohn (Daily Mail, yesterday )  (Read 958 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
More from Littlejohn (Daily Mail, yesterday )
« on: 30 January 2008, 12:20:24 »

'With Britain in the grip of an epidemic of stabbings and drunken disorder, with chief constables complaining that crimes by illegal immigrants are out of control, the police have announced a clampdown - on car number plates.

People who tamper with their registrations to spell out their names, such as S1NDY, will have their number plates confiscated and face fines of up to £1,000.

I've always thought it not worth the effort.

R1CHD doesn't really cut it for me. Surely it's easier to change your name by deed poll to LN05 XYZ.

I suspect the real reason for this "clampdown" is because non-standard plates confuse speed cameras and help some people escape fines and driving bans.

Still, we can all sleep easily in our beds knowing Plod's on the trail of these dangerous number-plate bandits.

M1ND how you go.'

Alas, no more Omegas....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: More from Littlejohn (Daily Mail, yesterday )
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2008, 12:32:24 »

Class!

There's a point in there somewhere, though.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2008, 12:35:09 »

Class!

There's a point in there somewhere, though.

Kevin

Well if you liked that one, here's another one for oy....

'According to a report from the National Office of Statistics into Britain's eating habits - what the hell has it got to do with them? - traditional favourites such as roast beef and bacon and eggs have been replaced by organic muesli and sushi.

Not in our house, they haven't. '

Alas, no more Omegas....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2008, 12:38:12 »

Not in our house, they haven't. '

Bl00dy right too!

..and cooked one of my favourites last night. Macaroni cheese. With about half a pound of mature cheddar, a knob of butter, a pint of milk and a shedload of Pasta. :-* Someone's got to keep the balance of calories level.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2008, 12:51:47 »

Rant mode on/

WHY can't the police, magistrates etc. clamp down on serious crime instead of petty issues like this?  Getting tough on the issues that they mention would be a bl00dy good place to begin.

Criminals know that there is simply no deterrent these days.

Rant mode off//
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

mantahatch

« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2008, 13:18:40 »

Rant mode on/

WHY can't the police, magistrates etc. clamp down on serious crime instead of petty issues like this?  Getting tough on the issues that they mention would be a bl00dy good place to begin.

Rant mode off//

I don't actually think it the fault of the police, they enforce the law. The reason is money, it is very easy to catch a generally law abiding citizen and extract money from them via a fine. Where as it actually costs money to catch a real criminal, so no point financially in catching/prosecuting the real criminal.
I am a great supporter of the police, but I think the law is an $$.

Mike

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2008, 13:33:13 »

Rant mode on/

Rant mode off//

I don't actually think it the fault of the police, they enforce the law. The reason is money, it is very easy to catch a generally law abiding citizen and extract money from them via a fine. Where as it actually costs money to catch a real criminal, so no point financially in catching/prosecuting the real criminal.

Mike

Also, it is the fault of the infamous 'targets' system, because if the Police get the same score for slaping a fine on a mototrist with un-evenly spaced registration plate as they get for solving a burglary, you can see where their resources will be allocated...

Alas, no more Omegas....

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2008, 14:38:02 »

richard littlejohn is a hero(peter hitchins in the mail on sunday is also thought provoking),people often call the daily mail an extreme right wing reactionary paper,but most of whats written in it is what used to be called plai common sense.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2008, 14:43:48 »

I like reading Richard Littlejohn, what makes him successful as a right-wing columnist is that unlike most people's perception of right-wing thinkers he is not an eldery chap with hairy nostrils and bushy eyebrows going on about fox hunting and his days in Burma, instead he is a sensible man employing good old common sense...

Alas, no more Omegas....

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2008, 14:46:59 »

here,here,the so called liberal elite(the new establishment)should all be forced to read his column until they under stand the concept of "plain common sense" :y

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2008, 15:22:20 »

Rant mode on/

Rant mode off//

Mike

Sorry, I did not mean to get at the Police - I badly worded my reply :-[

I was mainly getting at the criminal justice system where the police work bl00dy hard in catching these "people" only for them to be let off by the courts.  It must be sole destroying for the Police on the front line.

I fully agree with all sentiments expressed here as I am sure most sensible people do.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.