Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: miggy burnt out  (Read 7365 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: miggy burnt out
« Reply #30 on: 20 April 2012, 13:22:56 »

Some insurers underwrite their own payment plans. If this is the case it is often in the small print that in the event of a claim the premium must be paid in full (was a major point of contention with Norwich Union in the past for my Sister in Law ;)) but even so, they shouldn't remove all of your no claims for a fire claim ::)

At the end of the day, the OP has chosen the route that he is happy with so that's all that matters. TBH, I doubt I'd claim if I was in the same situation ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 April 2012, 13:43:24 »

it was just t.p.f.t cover with unprotected no claims,they said id have to pay them £289.00 to begin then they take the car away and id lose my wheels on it e.t.c. and all my no claims bonuses 21 years worth!! so thought sod it i will get it taken to a local scrappy and see what i can salvage,its not so much about money as ive spent thousands on it in 5 years and know id never get any of it back,just totally gutted to have lost such a fine car to a little black box going up!

Fair do's mate, sorry your life has turned to sh*t  :(
Just for the record, i'll be unplugging my tinker tomorrow when I replace the coilpack  ;)
Thats if it ever stops bloody raining  ::) :'(

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 April 2012, 13:46:56 »

I would also be concerned that because you've contacted your insurance company and told them about the fire they might hold that against you when you insure something else even though you haven't made a claim
Retired

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #33 on: 20 April 2012, 18:00:56 »

I'm a bit confused. Ok, so you haven't actually claimed from them - so have you just cancelled the policy and then scrapped the car? That's the only way I can get my head around this.

Did you get the cats off before weighing the car in? I got about £70 each for the last set of cats I sold.

Hope you have better luck with the MV6.

0795omega

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 April 2012, 00:29:32 »

yes just cancelled the policy and scrapped it thats right,mv6 is insured with different company thankfully! the cats i let the scrappy have as i wanted all the rest of the exhaust for my 3.2.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.