Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: sump guard  (Read 3608 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: sump guard
« Reply #30 on: 25 November 2012, 12:55:32 »

Ouch TB!! :o :o
Still hurts, 9.5 months later. Mind you, the medical profession are universally useless  >:(

Front and back :'(
And side

At least it was just a Rover! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Best car we've ever owned, based on mileage we did in it, length of time we owned it, reliability, and maintence required. Add in the old girls performance (better than any other 1.6 I've had the displeasure to drive) and its unbeatable handling...

Wow!  That really amazes me TB! :o :o :o :o

I must admit after the great Rover cars pre 1970s, I rather dismissed any of those cars, especially once the Japanese became involved and robbed them of their pedigree. ;)
The Japanese brought in a lot of design and reliability. They also managed to instil pride in the workforce, which meant most of the stuff sent out of the factories no longer fell to bits.  Honda were making Rover better and better in a competitive world. Then BMW came in and asset stripped the lot  :-X
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 November 2012, 12:59:02 »

see all kit cars are just that low and cant really rise them up and it is  used on the track as well as the road. i don't plan on dropping my omega that low at all. in fact was only thinking of lowering the back a small bit  :)
30mm (from standard, 15mm from LSC) is about the maximum to lower an Omega. Irmscher springs and B4 shocks are a good setup.  Any lower, you're always scrapping cats, diffs and everything else under the car. Not to mention skirts, tailpipes, bumpers and splitters if you have Irmscher bodykits.
Grumpy old man

GaryC2.5td

• Ireland
  • keep her lit!!
    • 2.5 turbo D opel omega B
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 November 2012, 13:04:00 »

see all kit cars are just that low and cant really rise them up and it is  used on the track as well as the road. i don't plan on dropping my omega that low at all. in fact was only thinking of lowering the back a small bit  :)
30mm (from standard, 15mm from LSC) is about the maximum to lower an Omega. Irmscher springs and B4 shocks are a good setup.  Any lower, you're always scrapping cats, diffs and everything else under the car. Not to mention skirts, tailpipes, bumpers and splitters if you have Irmscher bodykits.
ya that's what i thought i just want the wheel to fill the arch a bit more. :) i was thinking coil over kit for it more than lowering springs so i can adjust them as i please   :-\ are there any good coil over kits that anyone would recommend?

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #33 on: 25 November 2012, 13:18:55 »

Ah, right thanks.  Now I understand :y :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #34 on: 25 November 2012, 13:21:05 »

Ouch TB!! :o :o
Still hurts, 9.5 months later. Mind you, the medical profession are universally useless  >:(

Front and back :'(
And side

At least it was just a Rover! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Best car we've ever owned, based on mileage we did in it, length of time we owned it, reliability, and maintence required. Add in the old girls performance (better than any other 1.6 I've had the displeasure to drive) and its unbeatable handling...

Wow!  That really amazes me TB! :o :o :o :o

I must admit after the great Rover cars pre 1970s, I rather dismissed any of those cars, especially once the Japanese became involved and robbed them of their pedigree. ;)
The Japanese brought in a lot of design and reliability. They also managed to instil pride in the workforce, which meant most of the stuff sent out of the factories no longer fell to bits.  Honda were making Rover better and better in a competitive world. Then BMW came in and asset stripped the lot  :-X

In that case it is a shame they went under TB! :'( :'(

..............and we all know what BMW stands for, and I won't spell it out as I don't won't to get banned!! ;D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.