Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers side light washer  (Read 712 times)

Dan1005

• Bratislava, Slovakia
    • View Profile
Drivers side light washer
« on: 28 January 2010, 20:27:34 »

Had been wondering why, since when I bought the car last week, the pressure of the washer water onto the windscreen was low and then nothing...
SO filled up the washer bottle, thinking it must have just been low when sold to me.. Then today when warming the car up noticed a big blue stream emitting from in front of my drivers headlight whenever I pulled the wiper stick back. Needless to say this is how I was loosing all the washer fluid.
I thought it was on a different switch for washing headlights.
Anywho, my question is has anyone got any experience on how to plug this for the short term? I am assuming just a bolt wedged into the pipe might do the trick..
Also does anyone know where I might be able to source a new headlight washer from? just had a quick browse on ebay and other sites and cant find anything.

Welung666

Re: Drivers side light washer
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2010, 20:47:12 »

Breakers have them on here sometimes but they are like hens teeth! IIRC you can pull a fuse to shut them off, not sure though so I'll check and reply again. Other than that only wash your screen with the lights off!

EDIT: It's a relay not a fuse...

Pull the relay numbered 2 in the box next to the battery :y
« Last Edit: 28 January 2010, 20:50:36 by Welung666 »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2010, 20:57:14 »

You can just pull the fuse 12a... I know because mine weren't working when the fuse was missing ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Dan1005

• Bratislava, Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2010, 21:01:03 »

Thanks Welung666,

I shall do that in the morning then.. Was considering just taking the other one off and disconnecting the system anyway.  As I cant say I have ever been driving along a road and thought to myself
"Wouldnt it be great if I could wash my lights right now".. seems a little pointless to me... :D

Thanks for the help

Welung666

« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2010, 21:06:53 »

Thanks Welung666,

I shall do that in the morning then.. Was considering just taking the other one off and disconnecting the system anyway.  As I cant say I have ever been driving along a road and thought to myself
"Wouldnt it be great if I could wash my lights right now".. seems a little pointless to me... :D

Thanks for the help

;D ;D ;D

I'm assuming you have HID's and if so it's a legal requirement

Dan1005

• Bratislava, Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2010, 21:11:48 »

I havent actually checked the lights since I bought it.. But I thought for HID's you would need to install them aftermarket? :D.. and im not sure about the "light washing" laws here in Slovakia...

to me it still seems a bit stupid still to have a washer for lights, surely under that logic the fog lights should have lights and washers fitted too, for the just in case situation so i'm more safe in fog.. probably should put on our high visibility vests when we drive as well then :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.