Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A MASSIVE THANK YOU AND RECOMMENDATION!  (Read 3615 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: A MASSIVE THANK YOU AND RECOMMENDATION!
« Reply #30 on: 30 March 2010, 13:01:09 »

I would just check how rusty the advice is and seek as many opinions as possible  ;)

Clever ... :)   ;) ;) ;) ;)  and agreed with ... :)   :y :y :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 March 2010, 14:05:44 »

Has no-one else had to have a job re-done because the original advice that was given and acted on turned out to be BS bigtime?

we had a laugh at some of the advice previously given by those who think they know, but actually know jack.

I have never given you advice, I do not know who you are talking about, and know little about your car problems -

but, actually, I think you're being quite rude, and your comments are totally against the spitit of this forum.

Anyone offering advice or help will be taking the time to do so, with good intentions, regardless of how technically correct they are, and it's a pretty poor show if, rather than politely advising/educating them as to why the advice is incorrect, all you can do is slag them off - especially given that you can't/won't give any specific examples of this "BS Advice" you believe is being given.

Rather than making useless snidey comments, why not constructively address the points that concern you and make something positive from it?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 March 2010, 15:03:27 »

Another aspect that tends to affect the quality of advice received is the quality of information given about the fault and the results of any diagnosis steps. Rubbish in, rubbish out.  ;)

Anyone who blindly acts on a single source of advice, in any sphere of life, without weighting it with other people's opinions, and considering the likely quality of the source is in for a nasty surprise one day.

Everyone has the option of dropping off their Omega off at the nearest main dealer with a blank cheque and a pot of Vaseline in the glove compartment, if they think that would lead to a better outcome.  ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #33 on: 01 April 2010, 20:44:31 »

I taught him all he knows  ;D ;D ;D

Maybe I should become a teacher  :o

::) ::) ::) ::)

What is happening?

feeutfo

« Reply #34 on: 02 April 2010, 12:34:45 »

I would just check how rusty the advice is and seek as many opinions as possible  ;)

Clever ... :)   ;) ;) ;) ;)  and agreed with ... :)   :y :y :y

Exactly right Andy, plenty of effort put in, loads of enthusiasm and....not one piece of good advice that i saw, early on i thought "spammer" ....

But nobody said anything, thats what annoyed me, well, annoyed's a bit strong, but you know what i mean, as said previous, if we dont deal with the situation we cant complane if the situation continues....can we?

May i suggest in such cases we "politely" ask miss leeding posters to explane thier thinking perhaps?

Unhelpfull as it may be to post 'dangle berries', its equally unhelpfull to call the guy a "see you next tuesday"

....surely ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.