Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: abs trade club  (Read 3568 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: abs trade club
« Reply #30 on: 09 January 2012, 18:02:58 »

Thanks Kevin. :y

Will I still need to apply for the ABS card?
Thats up to you, but andyc has offered OOF members access to Trade Club prices via the dealership he works at :y

Guess having your own means you don't cop any postage charges, but I find Grose's a bit of a PITA to get to. Their parts dept seem OK, but heard some scare stories about the service dept at the main site (Kingsthorpe).

I tend to use Bridge in Banbury, as I have a good relationship with the parts department there.  I rarely go there though, as Banbury is the land of the inbreds. I send Mrs TB in to pick the stuff up. Its nearly on here way home ::)

Cheers for the info mate.

Have you also seen Cliftonville W.Grose has shut down? It's going to be a Citreon showroom.

Serves them right for fekking me over that time!  >:(
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 January 2012, 18:12:29 »

Thats up to you, but andyc has offered OOF members access to Trade Club prices via the dealership he works at :y

Guess having your own means you don't cop any postage charges, but I find Grose's a bit of a PITA to get to. Their parts dept seem OK, but heard some scare stories about the service dept at the main site (Kingsthorpe).

I tend to use Bridge in Banbury, as I have a good relationship with the parts department there.  I rarely go there though, as Banbury is the land of the inbreds. I send Mrs TB in to pick the stuff up. Its nearly on here way home ::)

Have you also seen Cliftonville W.Grose has shut down? It's going to be a Citreon showroom.

That the one nearest the BMW place.  They seemed more caring that the Kingsthorpe lot :o
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 January 2012, 18:15:27 »

That the one nearest the BMW place.  They seemed more caring that the Kingsthorpe lot :o

They were pleasant enough. But then they would be for taking £250 from me, doing nothing and completly missing my s.p. wells full of oil! So called experts!  >:(
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 January 2012, 18:39:44 »

They were pleasant enough. But then they would be for taking £250 from me, doing nothing and completly missing my s.p. wells full of oil! So called experts!  >:(
They are Vauxhall dealers, their service depts are universally incompitent, only matched by Renault...
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 January 2012, 18:49:48 »

They are Vauxhall dealers, their service depts are universally incompitent, only matched by Renault...

When I had my Laguna the water pump failed. Went in for a part and they offered to do it under warranty as it was a known problem. Fair enough, I thought. When I got it home, I opened the bonnet and oil had p!ssed out everywhere. They had forgotten replace the dipstick. Not sure why they needed to touch it to change the water pump, but... ::)

I see from the adverts that Renault are pushing electric cars hard. Electrics is the part they are least competent at, so I shudder to think what they'll be like. Had a couple of faults on that car just because they didn't bother to protect wiring from sharp edges and chafing. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 January 2012, 19:01:32 »

When I had my Laguna the water pump failed. Went in for a part and they offered to do it under warranty as it was a known problem. Fair enough, I thought. When I got it home, I opened the bonnet and oil had p!ssed out everywhere. They had forgotten replace the dipstick. Not sure why they needed to touch it to change the water pump, but... ::)

I see from the adverts that Renault are pushing electric cars hard. Electrics is the part they are least competent at, so I shudder to think what they'll be like. Had a couple of faults on that car just because they didn't bother to protect wiring from sharp edges and chafing. ;D
French electric cars....

//shudder
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.