Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If HS2 falls through.....  (Read 920 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
If HS2 falls through.....
« on: 05 May 2024, 22:40:53 »

Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: If HS2 falls through.....
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2024, 22:49:31 »

;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 20:33:41 »

I doubt HS2 could build a bridge, they would talk about it for decades, then move soil around for another decade....
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 17:36:21 »

I doubt HS2 could build a bridge, they would talk about it for decades, then move soil around for another decade....

On a similar subject they are having to build tunnels where they don’t even need tunnels now.  ;D  You could be forgiven for thinking that the HS2 developers know what they’re at, but I don’t believe that they do.
In the Vale of Aylesbury the proposed route of HS2 through Hartwell was deemed to run too close to the Fairford Leys sports ground and play park, so HS2 tried to move it over a bit. The land on the opposite side of the proposed track would be ideal so they tried a compulsory purchase. The land concerned belongs to Hartwell House, a Grade 1 listed property. Yeh, good luck with that one.  ;D
Having failed miserably to acquire the National Trust land it was back to square one, so both the National Trust and the sports ground have insisted on a land tunnel to protect the sports ground from the train and to minimise noise disruption to Hartwell House.  ::) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 20:44:40 »

On a similar subject they are having to build tunnels where they don’t even need tunnels now.  ;D  You could be forgiven for thinking that the HS2 developers know what they’re at, but I don’t believe that they do.
In the Vale of Aylesbury the proposed route of HS2 through Hartwell was deemed to run too close to the Fairford Leys sports ground and play park, so HS2 tried to move it over a bit. The land on the opposite side of the proposed track would be ideal so they tried a compulsory purchase. The land concerned belongs to Hartwell House, a Grade 1 listed property. Yeh, good luck with that one.  ;D
Having failed miserably to acquire the National Trust land it was back to square one, so both the National Trust and the sports ground have insisted on a land tunnel to protect the sports ground from the train and to minimise noise disruption to Hartwell House.  ::) ;D
Surely yet another London to Birmingham line is more culturally important than some old house in Stone ;D

Honestly, they are incompetent mongrels.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.