Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mot time (deep breaths, cross fingers)  (Read 1083 times)

foundationsedge

• loughborough, leicestershire
    • View Profile
mot time (deep breaths, cross fingers)
« on: 12 September 2009, 09:17:54 »

hello all
   well the moment i had been dreading had finally arrived, having not long just bought the car i wasnt sure how she would do.
   knew the brakes needed attention, and maybe the exhaust, but it was all pretty much an unknown.
  asked my sister to take it for me and borrowed her corsa in the mean time (aaargh) as i was busy at work, and left instructions to get a quote for any repairs that might need doing (and if it would help , she could offer to sleep with the tester to get a pass) :D
   well, miggy failed, as i thought it would, BUT, it wasnt too bad. new front pads and discs, new track rod end, broken rear coil spring, hand brake adjusters siezed, stop light bulb (i checked the buggers before i went!) :o
  £285 quid later , i was the proud owner of a crisp new mot certificte, and the miggy stops better too :y
  couple of advisory items, front bushes and brake pipes, but nothing too bad and i,m over the moon.
  saving my pennys for a service now, and gonna try and fix the sunroof, and go on DND s site and get the cd multichanger de coded.
   for a car that only cost £325 quid , i am a very happy bunny :y :y :y
  thanks for reading, please excuse the poor spelling grammer, lol. ;)
2nd midlands omega meet, chasewater railway, july 17th 12 , o,clock

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
Re: mot time (deep breaths, cross fingers)
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2009, 09:20:57 »

Another mig on the road for a year :y
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2009, 09:35:03 »

it wasnt too bad. new front pads and discs, .... 

Keep your fingers crossed that the aftermarket discs fitted live up to the job. They tend to easily run out of true .... been there with a Senator, they lasted 3/4000 miles.  :(  :y

Pay for  service??  :o  :o  :o Have a read through the various how-to-do's in the maintenance section. Nothing is beyond the scope of DIY, you'll know it's been done properly & it'll be a LOT cheaper, especially if you go along the route of aquiring a TRADE CLUB CARD ie Autobahnstormers!  :y :y

foundationsedge

• loughborough, leicestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2009, 09:51:25 »

would have liked to tackle the pads and discs myself but, gave all my kit away after the divorce (lack of space) so if i want to try a service i would first need to buy some new kit, got quoted £120 for the service, wich i thought sounded pretty resonable.
   got a slight leak on the rocker cover gasket, witch i think seems to be a common fault on the v6, s , and it looks like a knightmare job, so i think i might trust the proffesionals rather than make a mess of it myself :y
2nd midlands omega meet, chasewater railway, july 17th 12 , o,clock

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2009, 10:30:08 »

Whats wrong with the sunroof? If its just that it isn't working it may simply need resetting. Whenever the battery dies or is diconnected the roof needs to be told where it is. It tells you in the owners manual how to do it. 1 minute job.

Hope this is of relevance and well done with the MOT. :y :y

Wayne

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2009, 08:22:48 »

hand brake adjusters siezed

Alarm bells ringing here for me!

a) The adjusters never move unless you need to service the brake and they dont seize

b) They will have set it up wrong as mechanics these days seem to have a basic lack of understanding on how a braking system should work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.