Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Questions  (Read 3762 times)

berserkerboy

• Intermediate Member
  • Llansadwrn, Carmarthenshire SA19
    • 3.2 V6 Elite 02 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: LPG Questions
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2015, 10:05:18 »

Yeah. I just accept that it's the cost of keeping the system in warranty. I think they change the filter and connect diagnostics to see if any tweeks need doing. Bit of a pain having to travel there. On the positive side they sell gas cheap compared to what I have to pay locally.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2015, 10:07:50 »

Yeah. I just accept that it's the cost of keeping the system in warranty. I think they change the filter and connect diagnostics to see if any tweeks need doing. Bit of a pain having to travel there. On the positive side they sell gas cheap compared to what I have to pay locally.

But £60 each year of 5 years, would save up a lot. I'd more more inclined to change the filter myself, pocket the £60  :y

I had a response from them, it's £999 plus vat. So £1.2k.

Still reasonable price, do you have any photos of your install?  :y

berserkerboy

• Intermediate Member
    • 3.2 V6 Elite 02 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2015, 19:30:21 »

I can send some. Don't know how to post pictures on here. I'll take some and send to your email?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2015, 22:38:39 »

Think my profile has email link. I'll post them up here  :y

berserkerboy

• Intermediate Member
    • 3.2 V6 Elite 02 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 May 2015, 09:15:04 »

Sorry Tunnie. I'm a bit of a thicky when it comes to adding attachments. Can't see how to PM you the pictures, I have hastily taken. If you have an email address I can send them that way.

Best regards

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2015, 10:58:54 »

My 3.2 V6 was purchased with LPG already installed by profess autogas between Merthyr and Newport in Wales. They seem to have very good prices and only install stag systems. They also issue the all important Certificate of Installation. The guys there are really experienced and the unit gets a 5 year guarantee so long as they service it each year (£60). Have had a few issues with faulty sensors changing the car back to petrol that they have fixed free of charge. My experience with them has been very positive. And, no, I don't work for them! It's worth having  a look at their website: www.professautogas.co.uk

Stop handing them your money. £60 for a service? To change a filter worth £5 or less? Daylight robbery.

In addition Profess have some of the worst done in a day installs I have seen in a while. Because they do it in a day, they do not/cannot do a cold calibration.

In nearly 3 yrs and 90k miles, I have had one filter change and that was done for free by my installer.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2015, 11:00:58 »

Who installed yours?

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2015, 11:03:51 »

Look at the filler on this Jag link. I mean who installs a filler in such a place? Lie on the floor trying to locate the filler gun?
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2015, 18:04:29 »

Look at the filler on this Jag link. I mean who installs a filler in such a place? Lie on the floor trying to locate the filler gun?
Its possible the owner requested that in order to be hidden, rather than the usual, unsightly mounting in the wing.

Still, wouldn't be my preferred location ;D
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2015, 22:55:23 »

My 3.2 V6 was purchased with LPG already installed by profess autogas between Merthyr and Newport in Wales. They seem to have very good prices and only install stag systems. They also issue the all important Certificate of Installation. The guys there are really experienced and the unit gets a 5 year guarantee so long as they service it each year (£60). Have had a few issues with faulty sensors changing the car back to petrol that they have fixed free of charge. My experience with them has been very positive. And, no, I don't work for them! It's worth having  a look at their website: www.professautogas.co.uk

I've seen some of their work in person....... Politest description would be Kwik-Fit of the LPG industry  :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2015, 09:25:42 »

Stop handing them your money. £60 for a service? To change a filter worth £5 or less? Daylight robbery.

In addition Profess have some of the worst done in a day installs I have seen in a while. Because they do it in a day, they do not/cannot do a cold calibration.

In nearly 3 yrs and 90k miles, I have had one filter change and that was done for free by my installer.

A respectful question, but please may I ask what you mean by a cold calibration?

I ask because, my understanding, is that an lpg system cannot be calobrated without the reducer being at full operating temperature? :y

(Indeed I know the stag ecu refuses to calibrated unless the reducer is over a certain temp - 80 def I believe)? :y

4x4

« Reply #26 on: 24 May 2015, 10:43:04 »

Have to agree with above,think its around 50 deg before it can do the calibration set up.

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 May 2015, 16:42:49 »

A respectful question, but please may I ask what you mean by a cold calibration?

I ask because, my understanding, is that an lpg system cannot be calobrated without the reducer being at full operating temperature? :y

(Indeed I know the stag ecu refuses to calibrated unless the reducer is over a certain temp - 80 def I believe)? :y

Sorry, worded that wrong. But your point is correct. Profess install in a day, warm the engine to calibrate. then they dont have time to let the engine cool down and assess a cold start and any switch over issues. I struggle to understand how this is possible from a done in a day company. Unless they are only doing one model of car, which they dont.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 May 2015, 16:53:55 »

D it's not inconceivable that adaptions can take over the process from a very early stage.

Having installed LPG on a couple of cars here Including my own twice I can see both that your concerns are justified, and also that if a company is looking to achieve hi Turnaround to achieve a profit AND avoid inconveniencing its customers for more than a day at a reasonable price in a competitive market then this is the way to go about it.

....if the quality is there of course. But as we know, quality comes at a price and takes time.

You pays your money.... Etc.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 May 2015, 14:12:01 »

If the plans are to convert a 3.2 Estate to LPG? might be easier to buy one thats already been converted.  ;)

Cough, think I might know a nice MV6 one that's coming up for sale soon, Cough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.