Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mitt Romney or Obama?  (Read 2723 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Mitt Romney or Obama?
« on: 17 October 2012, 16:27:34 »

Been watching the repeats of the televised debates up ahead of the election. It reminds me very much of Britains choices!!

Mitt Romney's comment that he has 'binders full of women'.  ;D ;D ;D

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/mitt-romneys-binders-full-of-women-best-spoofs-gallery#image=1

I wonder which will be the best for the well being of the world? My suspicion is Obama.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

albitz

Re: Mitt Romney or Obama?
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2012, 16:37:38 »

I would rather have my old granny in the Whitehouse than Obama.Hes their Tony Blair.Got the style & salesmans charm,but a complete lack of substance,and definitely not to be trusted.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2012, 16:41:21 »

Republican presidents tend to be unusually "thick". I'm thinking of Ronald Reagan and George.W. Bush  who could barely walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'm not overly impressed with Obama, but Preferable to Romney in my opinion, who would be better suited to selling pre-owned automobiles.  :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2012, 17:12:05 »

hanged or shot , does it matter  ;D

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2012, 18:09:38 »

I would rather have my old granny in the Whitehouse than Obama.Hes their Tony Blair.Got the style & salesmans charm,but a complete lack of substance,and definitely not to be trusted.

yeah he is also too trigger happy...i can see iran being the next port of call if he gets in ....hopefully we don't follow...god help us all if we do
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2012, 18:16:14 »

my thoughts were who gives a s... :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2012, 18:22:57 »

my thoughts were who gives a s... :-X

As someone who most likely will emigrate to the US next year, it interests me alot.  Especially as I will be working in a market which enjoys lots of government contracts.  One side of me wants Obama, Mr relaxed and steady eddie.  Having been one of those who went abroad at the whim of the UK Govt (in support of the US) in 2 different war zones I do not want a trigger-happy elephant in No 1600.  Then again, if Mitt gets in there the market I will be working in will get even bigger than it currently is. 

In the UK I am squarely and firmly Con/UKIP, but in the US I would be considered a swing voter and as yet I am somewhat undecided.....

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2012, 18:47:00 »

Republican presidents tend to be unusually "thick". I'm thinking of Ronald Reagan and George.W. Bush  who could barely walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'm not overly impressed with Obama, but Preferable to Romney in my opinion, who would be better suited to selling pre-owned automobiles.  :)

Reagan was far from thick,he was just good at acting thick as it was a useful way of avoiding having to answer questions he didnt want to answer.His tactics at bringing the USSR and negotiating away the ludicrous amounts of nuclear weapons on both sides was brilliant,and no-one else had succeeded in doing it,despite trying everything they knew.
George W. Im still not sure about tbh.He certainly gave an impression which lived up to his stereotype in the press etc. but quite a few intelligent thoughtful people who met him,said he was the complete opposite of his image.
I would rather have him than Obama,that much Im sure of.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2012, 19:06:30 »

Reagan was far from thick,he was just good at acting thick as it was a useful way of avoiding having to answer questions he didnt want to answer.His tactics at bringing the USSR and negotiating away the ludicrous amounts of nuclear weapons on both sides was brilliant,and no-one else had succeeded in doing it,despite trying everything they knew.
George W. Im still not sure about tbh.He certainly gave an impression which lived up to his stereotype in the press etc. but quite a few intelligent thoughtful people who met him,said he was the complete opposite of his image.
I would rather have him than Obama,that much Im sure of.

Was he thick?......yes.

Was he good at acting thick?......yes.

FDR was the best president the yanks ever elected.......even if he was a cripple. ::) ::) :y

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2012, 19:09:19 »

I would bet that most U.S. citizens would love nothing more than to have their country in the same state now as it was when Raygun was in the Whitehouse. ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2012, 19:15:23 »

I would bet that most U.S. citizens would love nothing more than to have their country in the same state now as it was when Raygun was in the Whitehouse. ::)

I think you're right about that, Albs. The eighties was a time for optimism, before everything went tit's up.

Mind you, when Thatcher and Reagan were huddled together, WW3 was never very far away. :-\ :-\

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2012, 19:15:38 »

my question is : do you still believe USA is is governed by the president  ???

albitz

« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2012, 19:27:03 »

I think you're right about that, Albs. The eighties was a time for optimism, before everything went tit's up.

Mind you, when Thatcher and Reagan were huddled together, WW3 was never very far away. :-\ :-\
Quite the reverse.Their strong determined approach was the thing which moved the worls further away from that possibility than it had been for many years.The Soviets got the message loud and clear that neither of them could be bullied or pushed around.Then the negotiating started,and as someone once said "when youve got them by the balls,their hearts & minds will follow". ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2012, 20:31:09 »

Wrong on Reagan as that was how the US liberal media portrayed him and he kind of liked it as in his own words "opponents underestimate me so I get more done, more easily" which was being politically smart. What I didn't like about Reagan was his deficit spending, but that is loose change compared to the deficits and debts Obummer has racked up in the last 5 years.

If Obummer gets in again, then their economy will be even worse than ours was left by McRuin.  :o :o :o

Where McRuin followed by CaMoron have firmly closed the UK for business, as Obummer is doing and will continue to do for the US. The only thing worse would be if either country had Hollande.  :o :o :o

I've done quite a lot of business in the US in the past and their form of capitalism and business culture is ruthless. To be successful you have to be smart, ruthless and dedicated, the alternative is bankruptcy. 7am breakfast meetings are the norm over there and you will still be working while having and evening meal and discussing a potential deal with another customer. I would trust Romney on the US economy, which is by far their biggest challenge, that I would the incumbent smooth talking sleazeball lawyer.

We should all want to see the US economy fixed, where it is the world's biggest as the when the US sneezes the world catches a cold still very much applies.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

cleggy

« Reply #14 on: 17 October 2012, 22:15:32 »

Wrong on Reagan as that was how the US liberal media portrayed him and he kind of liked it as in his own words "opponents underestimate me so I get more done, more easily" which was being politically smart. What I didn't like about Reagan was his deficit spending, but that is loose change compared to the deficits and debts Obummer has racked up in the last 5 years.

If Obummer gets in again, then their economy will be even worse than ours was left by McRuin.  :o :o :o

Where McRuin followed by CaMoron have firmly closed the UK for business, as Obummer is doing and will continue to do for the US. The only thing worse would be if either country had Hollande.  :o :o :o

I've done quite a lot of business in the US in the past and their form of capitalism and business culture is ruthless. To be successful you have to be smart, ruthless and dedicated, the alternative is bankruptcy. 7am breakfast meetings are the norm over there and you will still be working while having and evening meal and discussing a potential deal with another customer. I would trust Romney on the US economy, which is by far their biggest challenge, that I would the incumbent smooth talking sleazeball lawyer.

We should all want to see the US economy fixed, where it is the world's biggest as the when the US sneezes the world catches a cold still very much applies.

That is all I would trust him with,  as for Foreign Policy OH! DEAR. He really needs a good team behind him and prove to have one.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.