Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Things wot I lernt today...  (Read 1926 times)

05omegav6

Things wot I lernt today...
« on: 06 December 2014, 13:21:58 »

1. Always read the screen before you press enter.

2. If you want helpful, reliable banking, always use a building society.

3. PC World are more helpful than their spotted yoof reputation might otherwise suggest.

4. If you require being royally and systematically buggered at every turn, and charged for the privilege, then I can wholeheartedly recommend Lloyds. Onanists.

chrisgixer

Re: Things wot I lernt today...
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2014, 13:24:57 »

Re 4) I don't want to say I told you so but.....

.....I did mention they are the most useless pile of shite ever invented, didn't I ? :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2014, 13:32:30 »

Better than Barclays. Just. But yes, they put the Thorpe into SLady bitshorpe...

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2014, 13:44:37 »

Better than Barclays. Just. But yes, they put the Thorpe into SLady bitshorpe...

Er, other wa..... Yes indeed ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2014, 14:21:59 »

I used to bank with Lloyds until they shafted me,with HSBC now and much better even if they are foreign  ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2014, 14:23:52 »

Aaeye. Hsbc or first direct.

As always with any large UK company, it's how well they respond when things go wrong that's important.

Rog

« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2014, 14:29:45 »

I've only just been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and started banking online. Nat West, so far so good (fingers crossed) but a bit of hassle setting it all up at first.

The Sheriff

« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2014, 16:08:09 »

We've been with barclays for over twenty years and had no problems but, then again, we've never asked them to do anything out of the ordinary. In fact, thinking about it, we've done everything online for the past ten years or so.

chrisgixer

« Reply #8 on: 06 December 2014, 16:32:26 »

We've been with barclays for over twenty years and had no problems but, then again, we've never asked them to do anything out of the ordinary. In fact, thinking about it, we've done everything online for the past ten years or so.

See that's what I mean. It's not until you have to engage them to sort something out of the ordinary that you realise how good or bad they are.

If your constantly in the black and never have any issues or engage a human, then you've learned nothing about your bank. Just its systems. All systems have limits, and go tits up when the limit is reached.

The Sheriff

« Reply #9 on: 06 December 2014, 17:40:26 »

See that's what I mean. It's not until you have to engage them to sort something out of the ordinary that you realise how good or bad they are.

If your constantly in the black and never have any issues or engage a human, then you've learned nothing about your bank. Just its systems. All systems have limits, and go tits up when the limit is reached.
Yep. Wages go in, bills come out, rest gets spent, wages go in........,, ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #10 on: 06 December 2014, 17:50:15 »

On new mattresses/bedding  ;D ;D

And hang on a min.....what do you mean about wages.....from wot I can tell, you loaf about the house, sleeping half the day, take the dog for a short walk once a day...and occasionally get in the gaywoo....to go shopping....for wages = working, which you don't seem to do  ::) ;D 

The Sheriff

« Reply #11 on: 06 December 2014, 17:55:34 »

On new mattresses/bedding  ;D ;D

And hang on a min.....what do you mean about wages.....from wot I can tell, you loaf about the house, sleeping half the day, take the dog for a short walk once a day...and occasionally get in the gaywoo....to go shopping....for wages = working, which you don't seem to do  ::) ;D
No? Well.....I checked my nat ins contributions earlier in the year because I will be claiming my pension in a couple of years. 38 years worth of contributions, so I can't have been sitting on my fat arse for that long.

Oh....and jealousy is not a pretty thing to see... :P
Oh..and just to rub more salt in the wounds, my missus is in the top three percent of earners. ;D

The Sheriff

« Reply #12 on: 06 December 2014, 17:59:48 »

Sorry, just checked, top two percent. :-*

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 07 December 2014, 16:25:41 »

Just to add, what I said about PC world was wrong...

Useless shower of shits. The put the Sc in Huddersfield on sea. Having completely frozen my one working bank card, they refunded the transaction from the other day, only to suggest that I needed to use the same card to pay the deposit.
No can do say I as my account is frozen until the refund has cleared. I can use another card or pay cash.
Oh no can't do that as the card was part of your id. Must be the same card. No mentiin of this in the agreement or preliminary paperwork.

Ffs >:(

So I have to go back there again in the morning. Put the meter on when I got in the car, and shall turn it off when I have re collected my goods. I shall add this amount to my bank charges and send them the invoice attached to a shitty email...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 December 2014, 16:42:32 »

Sorry, just checked, top two percent. :-*

I'm in the bottom 1%. :-\

Not that any of you selfish bastards care. ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.