Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Things wot I lernt today...  (Read 1927 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Things wot I lernt today...
« Reply #15 on: 07 December 2014, 16:43:22 »

Better than Barclays. Just. But yes, they put the Thorpe into SLady bitshorpe...
Doesn't matter which one you deal with, they're all a Wunch of Bankers.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 December 2014, 16:45:21 »

Sorry, just checked, top two percent. :-*

If your wife, the headmistress, is one of these new fangled 'super teachers' then she should be on £100,000 plus....In which case you should be driving a big German barge like Al. ::) ::) ;)

The Sheriff

« Reply #17 on: 07 December 2014, 17:17:55 »

If your wife, the headmistress, is one of these new fangled 'super teachers' then she should be on £100,000 plus....In which case you should be driving a big German barge like Al. ::) ::) ;)
Nah. Daewoo is the way forward. You've had experience of big germans....and?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2014, 17:24:11 »

Nah. Daewoo is the way forward. You've had experience of big germans....and?

Indeed I have and it didn't end well. :-\ :-\ :-X

My elderly MV6 is far better to drive. :y

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 07 December 2014, 19:42:14 »

Top 2% is >£105,000 (or was in 2012) Opti.. Which surprised me until a) I remembered what STMO's wife does and b) was talking about the salaries of heads today with a friend whose wife is a teacher..

Think I'm in the wrong job ;D

The Sheriff

« Reply #20 on: 07 December 2014, 20:54:51 »

Top 2% is >£105,000 (or was in 2012) Opti.. Which surprised me until a) I remembered what STMO's wife does and b) was talking about the salaries of heads today with a friend whose wife is a teacher..

£105K? I wish.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 December 2014, 20:55:40 »

It makes you wonder what she see's in the scouse reprobate...... :-\ :-\ ;D ;D ;D

The Sheriff

« Reply #22 on: 07 December 2014, 20:59:04 »

Just had a check on another calculator, she's in the top 5%, virtually destitute  :(

So bog off, Opti, we're nowhere near as wealthy as wot you are.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 December 2014, 20:59:53 »

We've been with barclays for over twenty years and had no problems but, then again, we've never asked them to do anything out of the ordinary. In fact, thinking about it, we've done everything online for the past ten years or so.

See that's what I mean. It's not until you have to engage them to sort something out of the ordinary that you realise how good or bad they are.

If your constantly in the black and never have any issues or engage a human, then you've learned nothing about your bank. Just its systems. All systems have limits, and go tits up when the limit is reached.
Yep. Wages go in, bills come out, rest gets spent, wages go in........,, ;D

On new mattresses/bedding  ;D ;D

And hang on a min.....what do you mean about wages.....from wot I can tell, you loaf about the house, sleeping half the day, take the dog for a short walk once a day...and occasionally get in the gaywoo....to go shopping....for wages = working, which you don't seem to do  ::) ;D
No? Well.....I checked my nat ins contributions earlier in the year because I will be claiming my pension in a couple of years. 38 years worth of contributions, so I can't have been sitting on my fat arse for that long.

Oh....and jealousy is not a pretty thing to see... :P
Oh..and just to rub more salt in the wounds, my missus is in the top three percent of earners. ;D

Is that all? ???  I have 42 years worth, and will be about 8 years till I get my old age pension... :D :D  Thinking of 'jacking this job in' though, taking my pension and finding something else to do, part time perhaps.......... :y :y

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 07 December 2014, 21:07:16 »

Just had a check on another calculator, she's in the top 5%, virtually destitute  :(

Further proof you can make statistics say whatever you want.. ;D

Out of interest, which calculator?

The Sheriff

« Reply #25 on: 07 December 2014, 21:09:27 »

Further proof you can make statistics say whatever you want.. ;D

Out of interest, which calculator?
First one I used was an actual finance industry one, obviously wrong, second one was the guardian.

The Sheriff

« Reply #26 on: 07 December 2014, 21:19:34 »

We've been with barclays for over twenty years and had no problems but, then again, we've never asked them to do anything out of the ordinary. In fact, thinking about it, we've done everything online for the past ten years or so.

See that's what I mean. It's not until you have to engage them to sort something out of the ordinary that you realise how good or bad they are.

If your constantly in the black and never have any issues or engage a human, then you've learned nothing about your bank. Just its systems. All systems have limits, and go tits up when the limit is reached.

And hang on a min.....what do you mean about wages.....from wot I can tell, you loaf about the house, sleeping half the day, take the dog for a short walk once a day...and occasionally get in the gaywoo....to go shopping....for wages = working, which you don't seem to do  ::) ;D
No? Well.....I checked my nat ins contributions earlier in the year because I will be claiming my pension in a couple of years. 38 years worth of contributions, so I can't have been sitting on my fat arse for that long.

Oh..and just to rub more salt in the wounds, my missus is in the top three percent of earners. ;D

Is that all? ???  I have 42 years worth, and will be about 8 years till I get my old age pension... :D :D  Thinking of 'jacking this job in' though, taking my pension and finding something else to do, part time perhaps.......... :y :y
Glad I can have my pension in about three years because it won't be long before they say 'your wife earns enough for both of you. No pension for you, sonny boy'.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 December 2014, 21:22:31 »

Glad I can have my pension in about three years because it won't be long before they say 'your wife earns enough for both of you. No pension for you, sonny boy'.

Sadly there might be some truth in that......... :( :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 December 2014, 00:10:27 »

At least you'll all be able to get your sweaty paws on your pensions to go out and buy nice Lamborghinis Omegas with!  :D  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.