Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New ride  (Read 7925 times)

STEMO

Re: New ride
« Reply #30 on: 12 April 2017, 09:23:24 »

There's going to be different points of view on this subject, but why the hell would you put the lives of yourself and/or your nearest and dearest at risk by failing to take every safety precaution available when driving your car?
It should be second nature to put on your seatbelt as soon as you get in the car and if I got into a cab where the driver wasn't using one I'd ask him to put it on. If he refused I would get out of the car and ring his office to tell them exactly why I wouldn't be using them again.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 April 2017, 11:35:25 »

I understand why taxi drivers, and private hire drivers (when carrying passengers), are exempt, but unless you're constantly picking up complete Lady bitss from shithole dens and bars (apologies, but there is no other way to describe some of drugged up scum I have encountered) then it's generally better to wear your belt... especially if you're predominantly doing motorway work ;)

See tother thread if you need any further clarification.
Onanists always think outside the box.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 April 2017, 13:30:48 »

We're talking about a newer Mondeo ::)

Have crashed a Vectra C hard enough to destroy the front of the car and hole the engine. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, or using a dummy plug, and the airbag didn't deploy. Can't speak for what might have happened had I been wearing my seatbelt.

I don't believe ANY make of car would disable the air bags just because you were stupid enough not to plug in your seat belt.  no one would design a car like that unless they were thinking darwin awards - e.g. "you're too stupid to wear your seatbelt so we'll make sure you die by switching off the air bags as well".   ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 April 2017, 13:38:30 »

The Mondeo is a good chassis and drive, beware the 19 inch alloys as they give it a rather hard ride.

Engines are pretty run of the mill but generally reliable, only real issue is they don't tend to age well but, a bit of care should see it through.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 April 2017, 14:35:49 »

The Mondeo is a good chassis and drive, beware the 19 inch alloys as they give it a rather hard ride.

Engines are pretty run of the mill but generally reliable, only real issue is they don't tend to age well but, a bit of care should see it through.

Is it correct that the Power-Shift auto boxes need an oil change/service every 35k? or 3 years?  :-\

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 April 2017, 14:46:21 »

Is it correct that the Power-Shift auto boxes need an oil change/service every 35k? or 3 years?  :-\

There not as robust as a normal gearbox and very much the same as a DSG in terms of approach, the ones on the bigger cars are a wet clutch so fairly regular oil changes is a good thing to consider.

That said, there has been enough issues to result in a small recall in Asia and a class action law suit in the US.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 April 2017, 15:23:29 »

There not as robust as a normal gearbox and very much the same as a DSG in terms of approach, the ones on the bigger cars are a wet clutch so fairly regular oil changes is a good thing to consider.

That said, there has been enough issues to result in a small recall in Asia and a class action law suit in the US.

Thanks, so on 2.0 petrol S-Max, it's worth ensure regular oil changes in the paperwork  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 April 2017, 16:10:32 »

My personal advise would be avoid any double clutch gearbox unless its going to be long journeys or very light use as they are an item that is either reliable (if maintained) or bite you hard on the arse!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 April 2017, 16:36:38 »

My personal advise would be avoid any double clutch gearbox unless its going to be long journeys or very light use as they are an item that is either reliable (if maintained) or bite you hard on the arse!

It would be heavy on town use, occasional long trips.

Assume Zaf Tourer is not double clutch?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 April 2017, 16:48:45 »

Obviously depends on the age of the zaf, but recent ones use an Asian Warner 6 speed jobbie. Not dual clutch, trad slush-matic   :y

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWTF-80_SC

Lincs Robert

« Reply #40 on: 12 April 2017, 18:13:34 »

Thanks, so on 2.0 petrol S-Max, it's worth ensure regular oil changes in the paperwork  :)

Please note that the Smax (and Mondeo with the 200ps) 2.2 TDCi engine has a conventional AW auto box and not the dual clutch unit.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 April 2017, 19:05:31 »

I have been told[although I've never measured]that the latest version can't hold as much as the previous shape due to the sloppier rear roofline and tailgate.If so I think it a case of form over function much like a lot of new cars.Expect it to have the usual recalls and updates[which should be free]again this is not specific to the Mondeo,new cars in general seem to go through this.I think they are a really nice looking car and I'm sure it'll serve you well.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 April 2017, 21:15:56 »

Made sure it doesn't have them, but it does have 18's which I hope to downsize ASAP. :y I should mention that it is a faster black model. ::)
« Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 21:19:13 by Shackeng »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 April 2017, 22:20:27 »

Please note that the Smax (and Mondeo with the 200ps) 2.2 TDCi engine has a conventional AW auto box and not the dual clutch unit.

Thanks, but what about petrol? 2.0 Turbo lump?  :-\

I've seen it says Powershift on the shifter stick.  :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.