Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Correct me if I am wrong?  (Read 4893 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Correct me if I am wrong?
« on: 19 May 2021, 23:02:59 »

I have been watching commercial tv for the last few nights. Very unusual for me as I never watch the damn thing or any other channels.
I have been working and been to most countries on this planet earth and any tv programmes in any country reflect the colour of the people of the country I am in .i.e. China have chinese newsreaders etc, and african countries have black newsreaders etc. Same with middle eastern countries.
Why, why have we got so many black actors in the adverts on itv and newsreaders etc on the BBC?
Not much reflection on the colour of this country. I cannot see this boding well in the long term.

Just noticed on tv that the new series 'Anne Boleyn' is to be played by a black actress! What is going on?

NOTE. if anybody has a dig at me about being 'racist' as I am not. Someone on here did before though.
So much for free speech!! :( :( 
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Correct me if I am wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2021, 23:28:38 »

Unfortunately a lot of this has happened since that poor unfortunate thieving drug taking bastard Mr Floyd ( famous for not being able to breathe) resisted arrest & subsequently died Somehow showing all these black folk doing various everyday things is supposed to make people realise how great they really are . Like you I don't think this will end well, hope Mr Floyd is rotting in hell .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2021, 07:09:56 »

Whites are accused of cultural appropriation for wearing dreadlocks, but a black Anne Boleyn is ok, apparently.  ::)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2021, 07:12:32 »

And, in answer to your 'Why?', Drew, it's called brainwashing.
Diesel till I die

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2021, 07:39:57 »

Just imagine 007

Bond is Black Back
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2021, 08:28:31 »

It’s f👣clking ridiculous, youngsters who may watch this show to learn about good old Henry VIII will think he married a black women and was the first to do so, But wasn’t it that ginger Tw🏴‍☠️T, poor  hard done by put upon dear Harry? It’s getting worse🙁🙁
 Just to add to ensure there’s no confusion,  I’m not a racist, thought I’d better say that as it’s hard to mention anything on this subject without getting that label these days👀
« Last Edit: 20 May 2021, 08:43:15 by Raeturbo »
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2021, 08:54:56 »

It’s f👣clking ridiculous, youngsters who may watch this show to learn about good old Henry VIII will think he married a black women and was the first to do so, But wasn’t it that ginger Tw🏴‍☠️T, poor  hard done by put upon dear Harry? It’s getting worse🙁🙁
 Just to add to ensure there’s no confusion,  I’m not a racist, thought I’d better say that as it’s hard to mention anything on this subject without getting that label these days👀

Racism doesn't even come into it,  personally I just feel that a return to normality is all most folk want , yes there are mixed race marriages all well & good, but take for example TV ads it seems that every family is mixed race which is absolute shite.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2021, 09:28:20 »

What I don't get is, there are complaints if a white actor plays a black roll or an able bodied actor plays a disabled part. Ok, going further with that, what if your TV show includes a murderer, can that roll only be played by a convicted murderer? Or a rape etc;
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2021, 09:37:34 »

I thought exactly the same about the new Anne Boleyn series. It has gone crazy on TV, don't watch it much now. Have a few programs that I like to watch, but not even bothered if I miss them.  I was also brought up in a family, that is a mixture of different cultures, Scots, Irish, Welsh, French and even South African. So never knew racism existed, even to this day I still look at a person, for how they behave not their colour or beliefs.

But the minority cultures, are turning even non racist people against them. The patience of the country is wearing thin, it will soon boil over and nothing will stop it.
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2021, 10:40:40 »

Maybe it's to do with "Global Warming"  ???
a "darker face" on the telly box uses less electricary because the screen don't have to shine so bright  :-\
I'm doing my "bit" for global warming , I have several electric panel heaters AKA plasma TV screens and drive a V6  :)
still not very warm today  :(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2021, 11:04:30 »

Positive discrimination has never worked, it just puts a lot of incompetent people in high powered jobs. It happens quite a bit in education, people promoted to jobs they are simply not capable of doing.
It's part of the reason I cancelled my tv football subscriptions, you'd think the only people qualified to comment on football are black or female or both. Have you ever tried to listen to a female screeching her way through a commentary?
Football focus, bbc 1, Saturday lunchtime, is now fronted by Alex Jones, a black female. It's overkill, and people will soon overcome their fear of being called racist, homophobic, misogynist, etc..........I hope.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2021, 11:53:45 »

There are times, though, that I understand the fear and anger that some black people hold deep within. Have a look at BBC1, nine o'clock tonight.
Diesel till I die

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 May 2021, 11:58:12 »

According to the 2011 Census, the total population of England and Wales was 56.1 million, and 86.0% of the population was White.
People from Asian ethnic groups made up the second largest percentage of the population (at 7.5%), followed by Black ethnic groups (at 3.3%), Mixed/Multiple ethnic groups (at 2.2%) and Other ethnic groups (at 1.0%) ,among the specific ethnic groups, people from the White British ethnic group made up the largest percentage of the population (at 80.5%), followed by Other White (4.4%) and Indian (2.5%).
From 2001 to 2011, the percentage of the population of England and Wales that was White British decreased from 87.4% to 80.5%, while the Other White group saw the largest increase in their share of the population, from 2.6% to 4.4%
The percentage of the population from a Black African background doubled from 0.9% in 2001 to 1.8% in 2011

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2021, 12:07:44 »

I have got to agree that the obvious effort by producers of television fodder are now trying far too hard to show "equality" and so feature people of colour at every opportunity.  They are actually distorting the truth and that is wrong. They should be reflecting exactly what is the society of our country, not creating an inaccurate picture.  That is doing the minority sections of our country no good at all, and is as bad as the days of showing very little minority representation.

As for a black Anne Boleyn, that is just historically incorrect and therefore completely devalues the credibility of the production in total. ::) ::) ::) :( :(
« Last Edit: 20 May 2021, 12:09:26 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2021, 13:30:01 »

Whites are accused of cultural appropriation for wearing dreadlocks, but a black Anne Boleyn is ok, apparently.  ::)

Don't worry chaps. Swings and roundabouts. :)

I look forward to seeing a 'white Ali' .......white 'Nelson Mandela' and a white ' Malcolm X' in the near future. ::) ::)

.......except I won't live to see it. It's a one-way (woke) street. :-\

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.