Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine restoration big time!  (Read 2041 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Engine restoration big time!
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2010, 20:06:41 »

I have just nstarted some restoration work on a dmu. Mainly the roof and next is the body sides. Hopefuly we can rebuild the engines over the winter

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2010, 20:26:25 »

I have just nstarted some restoration work on a dmu. Mainly the roof and next is the body sides. Hopefuly we can rebuild the engines over the winter

What class Mark? :D :D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2010, 21:54:53 »

Its a 108

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2010, 11:44:57 »

Its a 108

Ah lovely, I remember those, and in this BR livery 8-) 8-) 8-):

Are you painting it in that livery Mark? :-/ :-/

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2010, 11:50:58 »

Any idea where this photo was taken Ms Zoom? :)
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2010, 11:53:44 »

Yes Byron, at Norchard on the Dean Forrest Railway, which I know well and no doubt you do! :D :D :D ;)
« Last Edit: 16 August 2010, 11:54:09 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2010, 11:58:45 »

Yes Byron, at Norchard on the Dean Forrest Railway, which I know well and no doubt you do! :D :D :D ;)

Yes indeed Lizzie - thought the scenery was familiar!
We used to take my old AEC Reliance bus there for their Road-Rail Gala every October. :y

Sixstring also just happens to live nearby too ;D

Pity about that headcode indicator though ......
I liked the 'cat's whisker' livery! ;)
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2010, 12:05:02 »

Yes indeed Lizzie - thought the scenery was familiar!
We used to take my old AEC Reliance bus there for their Road-Rail Gala every October. :y

Sixstring also just happens to live nearby too ;D

Pity about that headcode indicator though ......
I liked the 'cat's whisker' livery! ;)

That must have been a great event; a lovely mix of buses and country railway :-* :-* 8-) 8-) 8-)

I have often wished that the Wye Valley Railway had been preserved as a steam line.  Tintern is a lovely old station and signal box, but with a GWR 0-6-0PT and a train of three coaches coming through, with wisps of white smoke and the hiss of steam..................ahhhhhhhhh, dreams!! :D :D :D ;)

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 August 2010, 12:06:27 »

Yep, only a mile from me, and a regular place for me too.

Used to be a "Trainspotter" when I was 12, didn't seem to lose my love of large engines in my adult life strangely.....just "transferred" my interest to cars, coaches, and large motorcycles!!
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #24 on: 16 August 2010, 12:24:41 »

Yep, only a mile from me, and a regular place for me too.

Used to be a "Trainspotter" when I was 12, didn't seem to lose my love of large engines in my adult life strangely.....just "transferred" my interest to cars, coaches, and large motorcycles!!

How lucky to be one SS in the heart of ex-GWR and WR territory! 8-) 8-) 8-)  Hope you kept your (fully marked) ABC books Combined Volumes! :D :D :D ;)
« Last Edit: 16 August 2010, 12:29:01 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 August 2010, 12:31:20 »

They are somewhere in the attic, couldn't throw them out, although SWMBO wants to cos theres a few of them.........
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #26 on: 16 August 2010, 13:24:45 »

They are somewhere in the attic, couldn't throw them out, although SWMBO wants to cos theres a few of them.........

;D ;D ;D ;D resist! ;D ;D ;D   Tell her they will be worth money some day!! :D :D ;)

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 August 2010, 13:44:48 »

Tried that......didn't work. Now they are hidden somewhere under a load of roof lagging!!

Do you really think a lot of little books with numbers in that are lined out could be worth anything? There is probably more than 10 books in there over a few years.......

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #28 on: 16 August 2010, 14:11:44 »

Tried that......didn't work. Now they are hidden somewhere under a load of roof lagging!!

Do you really think a lot of little books with numbers in that are lined out could be worth anything? There is probably more than 10 books in there over a few years.......

Everything to do with railway collectables is worth money SS :y :y  As time goes by even what was worth a few pence once is now worth a lot more to a collector.  Depends what age the Ian Allan publications are, and what they contain in terms of "cops" made.  But they will be increasing in value.  Don't throw anything away, as the steam sheds did with many engines name plates for next to nothing - now worth hundreds of thousands for the right examples!! :D :D :D ;)

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 August 2010, 14:18:48 »

Yeah......a few years ago, a casting foundry made a load of copies in aluminium of the "Flying Scotsman" nameplates that were curved and went over the wheel profile. They were made just for fun, but amazingly, after a year, they were turning up on Ebay as "Genuine Flying Scotsman" name plates at stupid money!!!

It wasn't until 3 of them were on the site at the same time somebody twigged............obviously there were ever only TWO ever made..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.