Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3073603 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #13530 on: 08 December 2016, 18:31:26 »

Many yocals still not worked out how to turn off fogs
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13531 on: 09 December 2016, 20:51:18 »

Drive it for the first time in a week ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: 09 December 2016, 21:09:24 »

Drove down to Kevin Wood's part of the world (Alresford) where a nice man fitted a new LPG temperature sensor to the vapouriser.  Old one indicating a temperature of 139.9 deg C at all times .... no wonder it was changing to gas far too early !!

I had him do it as after 8 years the old one was not only fubarred it was corroded to hell and I was not certain it would come out without breaking ... copious amounts of plusgas over the last 3 days and it came out sweet as pie :) Also, trying to find exactly the right one to do it myself was proving a tad tricky .....

It took him less than 5 minutes to connect up the laptop and software to confirm the fault, 10 minutes to get the car in the air, change the sensor, lower the car, 10 minutes to check that the readings were sensible. Ok .. It can't be checked fully until the morning when it has cold soaked, but a temperature of 29 deg C on fit made a lot more sense ! it then rose to 70 deg C as the engine was running, but still not to full temp on the cabin gauge, but he was happy.

Idiot in Swindon wanted the car for 3 days and was still unable to guarantee finding the fault, and estimated the cost at "in the region of £300.00"  ........ I guess he either ** a) doesn't really understand LPG systems, b) doesn't have the required software for an 8 year old install c) sees me as a cash cow to be ripped off.  (**delete as applicable)

I paid £65.99 total for parts, labour (1/2 hour) and VAT. Well happy with that ..  :y :y :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: 09 December 2016, 21:12:50 »

Took the Cat C for it,s MOT. Passed with no advisories, second year running so well pleased. :)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: 09 December 2016, 22:58:04 »

Drove down to Kevin Wood's part of the world (Alresford) where a nice man fitted a new LPG temperature sensor to the vapouriser.  Old one indicating a temperature of 139.9 deg C at all times .... no wonder it was changing to gas far too early !!

I had him do it as after 8 years the old one was not only fubarred it was corroded to hell and I was not certain it would come out without breaking ... copious amounts of plusgas over the last 3 days and it came out sweet as pie :) Also, trying to find exactly the right one to do it myself was proving a tad tricky .....

It took him less than 5 minutes to connect up the laptop and software to confirm the fault, 10 minutes to get the car in the air, change the sensor, lower the car, 10 minutes to check that the readings were sensible. Ok .. It can't be checked fully until the morning when it has cold soaked, but a temperature of 29 deg C on fit made a lot more sense ! it then rose to 70 deg C as the engine was running, but still not to full temp on the cabin gauge, but he was happy.

Idiot in Swindon wanted the car for 3 days and was still unable to guarantee finding the fault, and estimated the cost at "in the region of £300.00"  ........ I guess he either ** a) doesn't really understand LPG systems, b) doesn't have the required software for an 8 year old install c) sees me as a cash cow to be ripped off. (**delete as applicable)

I paid £65.99 total for parts, labour (1/2 hour) and VAT. Well happy with that ..  :y :y :)

Well done Nige, result. :y :y :y
PS All of the above.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: 10 December 2016, 00:59:15 »

Should have popped in for a cuppa. I was "working from home". :y

Idiot in Swindon wanted the car for 3 days and was still unable to guarantee finding the fault, and estimated the cost at "in the region of £300.00"  ........ I guess he either ** a) doesn't really understand LPG systems, b) doesn't have the required software for an 8 year old install c) sees me as a cash cow to be ripped off.  (**delete as applicable)

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #13536 on: 10 December 2016, 14:02:05 »

Sorted the screen washers out on the 4x4 & washed it MOT on Monday , washers have been fine all year , stopped working yesterday, quick clean of the nozzles & airline through tubes all perfect now.😉😉

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: 11 December 2016, 11:28:50 »

Drove it back to sanity and civilisation, and apart from running out of air (slow puncture), oil (which I'm quite successful in ignoring) and petrol (range still stuck on zero), the old girl, as expected, never missed a beat.

A herd of albatross have dumped their load all over the bonnet when it was parked at the hotel in Ipswich though :(
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: 11 December 2016, 14:42:55 »

Drove it back to sanity and civilisation, and apart from running out of air (slow puncture), oil (which I'm quite successful in ignoring) and petrol (range still stuck on zero), the old girl, as expected, never missed a beat.......

You're not at home then?  :-\  ;)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: 12 December 2016, 13:07:55 »

Drove it 150 mile , never missed a beat and still quick off the mark  :o BMW driver cut me up changing lanes and with no indication  ::)
Omegatitis

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: 12 December 2016, 15:57:04 »

Bought a car, that is 200 miles away, unseen, from somebody I have never met.

What could possibly go wrong?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

STEMO

« Reply #13541 on: 12 December 2016, 15:58:46 »

If it was £100...not much. If it was £5000.........

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: 12 December 2016, 16:36:42 »

It will be fine. I've a friend who bought his last three cars the same way: two Jensens and a Ferrari. He's never lost a penny doing this.

Although I will acknowledge he might be the exception!

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: 12 December 2016, 17:08:13 »

If it was £100...not much. If it was £5000.........

200 miles.....Hmmm

It might have been £710  :-\

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #13544 on: 13 December 2016, 10:57:46 »

Indicators ran out of electricery  :( Unplugged the relay and popped it back in . All working fine , thats my maintenance done for this year  ;D ;D ;D
Omegatitis

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.