Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 51 3.2 v6 special auto ex thames valley  (Read 1453 times)

david_omega

2001 51 3.2 v6 special auto ex thames valley
« on: 13 May 2010, 01:18:44 »

130k, full police history and some since, just took it px today, its still good car, i originaly supplied it last year to a customer, who has bought a new one again.  I need to recover my money on it now to complete the deal
Anyone with £1300 takes it.
will need taxing
have the v5 and paperwork here.

its up for 1500 on fleabay, but as usual, oof get a better deal. keep the cars in the community!

ps  the MOT is oct this year, and will service it and replace brakes before sale INCLUDED in the price ( will change rear brake calipers and disks etc as when i got home i had a nice cherry red disc tonight!)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 51 3.2 v6 special auto ex thames valley
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2010, 11:44:20 »

Here's a picture of it in service;

It'd be a good candidate to restore back to police spec for someone, battenburg is VERY expensive (£1000) and not something you can create yourself, where as the ''jam sandiwch'' markings are much easier to replicate.

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2010, 13:57:45 »

controversial question warning....

what's the appeal of creating a replice Police car - I can't really get to grips with why someone would want to do it ?

sorry - I have o agenda, I really just don't understand

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2010, 17:14:46 »

controversial question warning....

what's the appeal of creating a replice Police car - I can't really get to grips with why someone would want to do it ?

sorry - I have o agenda, I really just don't understand

I must admit I'm with you Stu. You can't just jump in them & drive to the shops/work/etc
But it seems to make a lot happy eg James W  :y

« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 22:21:51 by Andy_B »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2010, 22:19:27 »

Firstly, an apology to Simon...don't want to be cluttering your thread with non for sale points.

It's a very good question Stu and Andy.
Firstly, you're indeed right, they are not everday vehicles.
Both Simon and I are members of PVEC, the Police Vehicle Enthusiats Club.
Think of it like a hobby as such, there are many preserved police vehicles, from 1930's vehicles to just out of service vehicles...even down to police bicycles.
I'm collecting parts for a Thames Valley Omega saloon...I like Omega's, live in the Thames Valley and have an interest in police vehicles...so for me it's perfect.
Police forces recgonsie this, and some cars have been donated to PVEC straight out of service, or slightly older vehicles rarely used by them.
The Metropolitan Police still own and operate a 1996 Rover 800 fully liveried, just as when it was in service. They take it to shows etc.
Some PVEC members loan thier vehicles to the relevant forces for publicity days, or open days etc.
A big concern, is 'wannabe cops', that is probably the biggest concern of the police and non club members which is understandable.
If you look on the PVEC website, you'll be able to see the vast array of vehicles on there.

david_omega

« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2010, 23:26:43 »

wow this helps car to sell loads! maybe pm me pics instead of confusing everyone.

plain car for sale disregard josh pictures

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2010, 23:33:13 »

wow this helps car to sell loads! maybe pm me pics instead of confusing everyone.

plain car for sale disregard josh pictures

:-?  :-?  :-?  :-? Not at all confusing if you read Josh's script! Before after pictures, quite obvious

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2010, 23:45:41 »

Apologies Simon, it was actually meant to help you get a faster sale. I know of at least 5 people on the forum who have expressed an interest in making a police spec Omega. I was actually saying yours would be a good candidate, endorsing it. People clearly know you're selling a plain white car...I was saying if they bought it from you, with little effort they could restore it.
I'll happily remove my earlier post, if you'd like?  :y

david_omega

« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2010, 00:08:13 »

no its ok mate, i read it that the next person thought it was a marked car for sale no worries buddy.

long as they know its a plain car thats cool

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2010, 01:01:33 »

Maybe PM Josh directly with your concerns, rather than posting a sarcastic, insensitive reply on the forum?

I have no doubt Josh simply sourced a picture of the car "in service" for anyone who may be interested in it's previous role - It was clear from the original posts that it's not a marked car, so I certainly didn't get confused.

And let's be fair, it's advertised as an ex-cop car, so it's no secret as to it's past life.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.