Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Cams + Gaskets  (Read 2223 times)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: My Cams + Gaskets
« Reply #15 on: 08 March 2007, 10:49:34 »

VX Semi Synth about £8, but you need a little more than one carton, so buy two and you've got a top up for future oil changes..

Dave C

I asked for a price on 5L semisynth last time I was in parts (in Newbury ClarCE).  18 quid he said...  I said that's a bit on the high side you know.  'Oh well um I could probably do something for you..'  I'm sure.    The margin on oil must be enormous,  and that's nothing to what they charge for oil under parts alone when they do a service.

I guess the £8 is trade price?

Cheers,
Ian

I've joined autobahnstormers ian, so should have trade club access pretty shortly...

Don't forget to mention that the oil is 4 for 3 at the minute on trade club (ie buy 3 get one free)  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 March 2007, 17:44:54 »

VX Semi Synth about £8, but you need a little more than one carton, so buy two and you've got a top up for future oil changes..

Dave C

I asked for a price on 5L semisynth last time I was in parts (in Newbury ClarCE).  18 quid he said...  I said that's a bit on the high side you know.  'Oh well um I could probably do something for you..'  I'm sure.    The margin on oil must be enormous,  and that's nothing to what they charge for oil under parts alone when they do a service.

Cheers,
Ian

I've joined autobahnstormers ian, so should have trade club access pretty shortly...

Don't forget to mention that the oil is 4 for 3 at the minute on trade club (ie buy 3 get one free)  :y
Correct, so on TC, 4 x 5l semi come in at a shade over £30. Older type filters are £1.11 +VAT, newer paper ones about £3 + VAT.

So no excuse for not doing 4k oil changes ;)
Grumpy old man

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 March 2007, 18:33:35 »

Dave C

Cheers,
Ian

Correct, so on TC, 4 x 5l semi come in at a shade over £30. Older type filters are £1.11 +VAT, newer paper ones about £3 + VAT.

So no excuse for not doing 4k oil changes ;)

Got my card when I got home, cheap bits here we come  :y
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 March 2007, 19:03:27 »

Excellent - how long did that take to come?  Do they send it to you direct or did you need to apply to Vauxhall?

Cheers

Ian

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 March 2007, 19:09:03 »

Excellent - how long did that take to come?  Do they send it to you direct or did you need to apply to Vauxhall?

Cheers

Ian

I joined autobahnstormers, so its them thats the member of trade club, numbers on back of card they send you (membership card) posted cheque last thurs, so just under a week - you can always borrow it mate, its no prob - Inchcape do trade club I asked last time I was in..
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 March 2007, 19:31:35 »

That's very kind Chris.
BTW is there somekind of online price list that goes with it, or do you need to ring up?
Cheers

Ian

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 March 2007, 20:43:35 »

That's very kind Chris.
BTW is there somekind of online price list that goes with it, or do you need to ring up?
Cheers

Ian

Think you've got to phone them, I'm going to ring tomorrow about oil and see how much over the normal trade club price they ask ;)

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 March 2007, 20:46:20 »

ask them about 2.5 thermostats too - I might be joining you on that one..

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 March 2007, 20:48:10 »

ask them about 2.5 thermostats too - I might be joining you on that one..

haha, ok mate

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 March 2007, 21:27:36 »

There is a link on ABS forum which has an uploaded version of the TC prices for your info. Be aware though that not all parts are covered by TC, it's mainly normal service items. However, it does allow you to get to know your parts dept and hopefully they will look after you with regard to other parts.
Good luck  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #25 on: 08 March 2007, 21:29:34 »

That's very kind Chris.
Cheers

Ian

Think you've got to phone them, I'm going to ring tomorrow about oil and see how much over the normal trade club price they ask ;)

You should have had some of the semi i had in the back of my estate a few weeks ago....bargain price that was  ;) If you carnt get it at TC price.....let me know and your welcome to some  :y

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 March 2007, 22:41:19 »

yep - there's a trade club website - here - but you'll need a login, autobahnstormers should have one ...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 March 2007, 18:12:11 »

yep - there's a trade club website - here - but you'll need a login, autobahnstormers should have one ...
ABS don't give out the details for this. The user id is easy enough to guess, but the password isn't (I know, I have it ;))

I believe ABS post up a pricelist, but since I've not got access to their forums , despite being a member for a couple of years and applying several times, I cannot confirm.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.