Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Temerature gauge  (Read 2190 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Temerature gauge
« Reply #15 on: 06 March 2007, 19:02:48 »

I wonder if I have a similar problem.  My ecu light has been on for a bit now and the code states temp sensor voltage low.  I also got a faint smell of coolant yesterday for about 2 minutes.  So I stopped popped the bonnet, coolant level had dropped about 1cm after about 400 miles, the smell seemed to come from the back. Does this point to the same kind of problem?

Gaffers
The ECU temp sensor is also at the back. Two sensors 1 for the gauge with just 1 wire going to it & t'other with a 2 pin plug on it that talks to the engine ECU.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 March 2007, 21:34:37 »

I wonder if I have a similar problem.  My ecu light has been on for a bit now and the code states temp sensor voltage low.  I also got a faint smell of coolant yesterday for about 2 minutes.  So I stopped popped the bonnet, coolant level had dropped about 1cm after about 400 miles, the smell seemed to come from the back. Does this point to the same kind of problem?

Gaffers
The ECU temp sensor is also at the back. Two sensors 1 for the gauge with just 1 wire going to it & t'other with a 2 pin plug on it that talks to the engine ECU.

Does anyone know how much they are from Vx? Or if there are any good alternatives out there?

Gaffers

AndersH

• Intermediate Member
  • Poole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 March 2007, 08:30:32 »

Driving car today had covrd about 50 miles, car running fine...all of a sudden temp gauge shoots up to 100c+ and then drops suddenly back down again (too quick for it to be fan cutting in?). Then starts to behave very erratically up and down the gauge first red hot then back to normal.

Mine used to do something similar when stuck in traffic, it would go right into the red and a warning light would come on, after 5-10 seconds or so it would shoot back down to 90 ish then slowly creep back up again. I then found that 2 30 amp fuses had gone in the engine bay near the relays which were hidden under a load of wires! seems to be fine now although haven't been in as bad traffic since, but the temp is much more stable now.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 March 2007, 09:17:33 »

Gaffers

Does anyone know how much they are from Vx? Or if there are any good alternatives out there?

Gaffers

Just found out, around £10 from Vx

devonian

• Sunny South Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2007, 22:37:27 »

Well have been doing some miles in the car this week and temp guage behaving normally....when it did happen, missus was driving  ::) she decided it would be a good idea to try out an emergency stop....it was right after this that the guage started to act up  :-?...so does look like Marks theory of a short with the wire....
« Last Edit: 10 March 2007, 22:37:57 by devonian »
Omega 3l Elite
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.