Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.0 inlet divider  (Read 286 times)

Martin_1962

3.0 inlet divider
« on: 26 July 2009, 12:35:19 »

As the replacement heads I fitted were more worn than my originals, and I need to replace the 135 head gasket (reused as I messed it up) I am refitting th eoriginal 135 head after replacing the valve seals.

Can someone with a 3.0 inlet divider handy please scan the head end ports so I can port my head without having to strip down the engine before hand.

Thanks

Martin

NiallyV6CDX

• Intermediate Member
  • County Down
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 inlet divider
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2009, 22:36:49 »

I just did that today using a grinding wheel and some sand paper. It was bloody hard but I put the 3.0 divider in place then ran a felt tip pen around the inside of the ports where it meets the metal of the head to sort of "stencil" the area I needed to file away.
The shape of the two are exacly the same, only the 3.0 has about 2mm more out of the flat end (inside end) of the holes. I would send you a scan but I have just cleaned and refitted it all, sorry ::)
However I think youre best buying a 3.0 divider and screwing it in place then stencelling the way I did. They match perfectly now :)

Martin_1962

Re: 3.0 inlet divider
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2009, 14:20:38 »

I just did that today using a grinding wheel and some sand paper. It was bloody hard but I put the 3.0 divider in place then ran a felt tip pen around the inside of the ports where it meets the metal of the head to sort of "stencil" the area I needed to file away.
The shape of the two are exacly the same, only the 3.0 has about 2mm more out of the flat end (inside end) of the holes. I would send you a scan but I have just cleaned and refitted it all, sorry ::)
However I think youre best buying a 3.0 divider and screwing it in place then stencelling the way I did. They match perfectly now :)

I do have a splitter - it is currently sitting above the oil cooler on the engine.

I am going to guess the shape - I have already done 6 ports - a little around the top and the corners are deeper AFAIR
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 18 queries.