Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally - new job  (Read 2933 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Finally - new job
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2008, 20:08:35 »

I would say completely different roles, I will be working with wide area networks, servers, active directory etc -

I don't know the first bloody thing about mobile phones, other than how to make a call ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2008, 20:13:20 »

Well done mate  :y  Very pleased for you!

Tab

• Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2008, 20:23:20 »

nice one james, well done :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2008, 20:38:13 »

Well done James - good to hear. I was having a nose at local jobs (actually looking for work at home or evening 1 night) but did notice none of the IT jobs paid as much as mine :y

Was thinking an extra £30 or £40 a week on top of wages would help me out of debt.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2008, 20:40:03 »

I would say completely different roles, I will be working with wide area networks, servers, active directory etc -

I don't know the first bloody thing about mobile phones, other than how to make a call ;D

neither do I.....

well done on the new role James, great start to the New Year  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2008, 20:40:55 »

Well done James - good to hear. I was having a nose at local jobs (actually looking for work at home or evening 1 night) but did notice none of the IT jobs paid as much as mine :y

Was thinking an extra £30 or £40 a week on top of wages would help me out of debt.

The post probation offer is in the region of OTE £27k + bens -

I didn't think that was too bad for someone without any formal qualifications ;D

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 January 2008, 20:41:21 »

Congrats James I bet your pleased as Anything  :y :y
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 January 2008, 20:42:56 »

Well done mate.  :y

I need to get on the job hunt for when I finish uni... not looking forward to it!

BMW driving student!!!!!!!  rather bum ;D

All bought and paid for with my own cash... I have (or had) a 4 year sponsorship so I am effectively working in a real commercial environment while doing uni. I spend far more time at the company's office than I do at uni. I'm fortunate in that it pays very well, I get more as a student than some of my mates who are working full time :o

So no, not your average student bum :P It's hard work though ::)

Martin_1962

« Reply #23 on: 12 January 2008, 20:44:51 »

The post probation offer is in the region of OTE £27k + bens -

I didn't think that was too bad for someone without any formal qualifications ;D

At this rate you will catch me up!

But you will need every penny IF you want to buy a house

Anyway good news - and I hope to see you again soon :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 January 2008, 20:45:43 »

I am told you should aim for £1000 for every year of your age...

Martin_1962

« Reply #25 on: 12 January 2008, 20:46:30 »

Well done mate.  :y

I need to get on the job hunt for when I finish uni... not looking forward to it!

BMW driving student!!!!!!!  rather bum ;D

All bought and paid for with my own cash... I have (or had) a 4 year sponsorship so I am effectively working in a real commercial environment while doing uni. I spend far more time at the company's office than I do at uni. I'm fortunate in that it pays very well, I get more as a student than some of my mates who are working full time :o

So no, not your average student bum :P It's hard work though ::)

I am so pleased to read this Paul - it shows you are not a rich spoiled kid and also shows where the money came from - good luck with the rest of the course, as to jobs - won't they take you on?

Martin_1962

« Reply #26 on: 12 January 2008, 20:47:05 »

I wish I was on £45,000

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2008, 20:51:05 »

In my line of work £1k for each year of your age puts you on a potential high earners list and is something to be proud of.

I'm glad it all worked out in the end, even if you did have to wait for it :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 January 2008, 20:51:08 »

I wish I was on £45,000

I am bang on then for my age.... whoooo

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 January 2008, 20:58:19 »

I am so pleased to read this Paul - it shows you are not a rich spoiled kid and also shows where the money came from - good luck with the rest of the course, as to jobs - won't they take you on?

Your comments are appreciated -- yes I do live completely on my own means and have done for many years now, and I think sometimes people assume I'm either staying with my folks, or being subsidised by them because I have several cars and a bike while at uni.

It may appear to some people that I have more income than I do, but it's more the case that I never get into debt (so don't waste money making the banks richer) and I tend to be quite shrewd with what I do buy -- I have never lost more than £1000 in depreciation on a car, as I either buy cars that are desirable/unusual enough to hold their value (such as my 840), or for more mundane cars I buy cheap after they've already done most of their depreciating. So I have three cars at the moment, but none of them are really losing any money, and two of those will likely be sold soon (so I'll soon know for sure how much they've cost in value terms).

As for jobs, it's not that they won't take me, I just hate the whole process. It's so time consuming -- you have to spend so much time tailoring your application for each company, and give them the obviously bullshit impression that you think they're the best company in the world and it's your lifetime ambition to work for them etc ::). Add to that I'm not really sure what I want to do in the long term! I kind of fancy a change, but I'll probably end up staying largely in the same discipline. I do fancy a move elsewhere though, the weather here sucks somewhat.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2008, 20:59:47 by Paul_M »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.