Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one grows more graceful with age  (Read 1234 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
one grows more graceful with age
« on: 18 November 2011, 15:13:57 »

Or not.

Just been driving through my local town near Tue centre.  It's a 30 limit but you'd be a fool to do that speed due to the crossings and parked cars.  From the left a car pulls out.  No indication.  I had to slam on the brakes and the tc engaged, at 20 ish.  I pipped the horn while braking and I saw the driver, an elderly gent it appeared get rather animated.  I had a chance to pull nearly alongside and I opened my window.

calmly I asked:

Did you not think to look or indicate mate

"opps off! I was indicating." (lets forget the rules of the road about pulling out into traffic for a minute)

"It must be broken then mate, just to let you know."

Even louder: "opps off!"

I drove off as he shouted 'wnaker' so loud I could hear it through the car 15m away.  This was in the high street with young children present.

No wonder the youth think its ok to behave poorly.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: one grows more graceful with age
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2011, 15:28:48 »

Disgraceful, but as you say they are setting such a poor example.

I was in Tesco once walking alone one of the snacks section, a young lad (not more than 4 or 5 years old) was told to "put that F-ing down, your not F-ing getting it"

>:( >:(

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2011, 15:30:56 »

Or not.

Just been driving through my local town near Tue centre.  It's a 30 limit but you'd be a fool to do that speed due to the crossings and parked cars.  From the left a car pulls out.  No indication.  I had to slam on the brakes and the tc engaged, at 20 ish.  I pipped the horn while braking and I saw the driver, an elderly gent it appeared get rather animated.  I had a chance to pull nearly alongside and I opened my window.

calmly I asked:

Did you not think to look or indicate mate

"opps off! I was indicating." (lets forget the rules of the road about pulling out into traffic for a minute)

"It must be broken then mate, just to let you know."

Even louder: "opps off!"

I drove off as he shouted 'wnaker' so loud I could hear it through the car 15m away.  This was in the high street with young children present.

No wonder the youth think its ok to behave poorly.

Must have been one of "The old gits" from Harry Enfield and Chums! ;D  Seriously though, I was always taught that elders always set an example - obviously this one's an exception to the rule.
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2011, 16:03:59 »

I'm quite old now but must say that I consider myself to be rather graceful – indeed, I am possessed with a celerity and style of movement that would put many of the following young men to shame. :-* :-* :-*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbTQIErYaQ

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2011, 16:50:25 »

We can't blame the little brats when my generation, and possibly older generations (moreso in cities) have bred a generation of arrogant, self centred, nobody-else-matters-I'm-alright-jack retards, who themselves are now having little bastards themselves.
Grumpy old man

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2011, 18:53:49 »

An elderly fella pulled half into the road on me yesterday in a little Fiesta. So much so, I had to swerve onto the other side of the road, there was some abuse given, and he gave me a look as if I was in the wrong  >:( Know exactly how you feel Guffer, and it's disgusting he's swearing in front of kids he doesn't know too!
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2011, 19:49:55 »

An elderly fella pulled half into the road on me yesterday in a little Fiesta. So much so, I had to swerve onto the other side of the road, there was some abuse given, and he gave me a look as if I was in the wrong  >:( Know exactly how you feel Guffer, and it's disgusting he's swearing in front of kids he doesn't know too!

I would have understood if I had come at him all aggressive f-ing and blinding but I was calm, did not swear once and when he said he was indicating I said then your indicators must not be working.  Not as a snarky comment but as an FYI.  In a way I was trying to help him......I feel sorry for him

Martian

« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2011, 20:48:22 »

We can't blame the little brats when my generation, and possibly older generations (moreso in cities) have bred a generation of arrogant, self centred, nobody-else-matters-I'm-alright-jack retards, who themselves are now having little bastards themselves.
Can one assume you are referring to the Retard TV Jeremy Kyle brigade?

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2011, 21:32:15 »

I would have understood if I had come at him all aggressive f-ing and blinding but I was calm, did not swear once and when he said he was indicating I said then your indicators must not be working.  Not as a snarky comment but as an FYI.  In a way I was trying to help him......I feel sorry for him

Was he driving a BMW mate - you should know they're not wired in on them  :) :) ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2011, 06:40:33 »

:(
Its about time that the minority of those who are inclined through advanced age to believe that they can do as they wish because they will retain their licences due it 'being their right to independance' are taught hard lessons otherwise and made to retake their tests and be disquailfied until they have.
I had the same a few days ago from two very old ladies who always let every other vehicle coming out of a side road come out in front of them while they persisted in not exceeding 15mph in front of me on a 40 road with their left indicator going and no left turns for miles ahead. I got (believe it) 4 sets of 'V's' as I followed them and then again a lot more as I eventually was passing them. After passing and looking in my mirror They were still at thye four handed gestures so I put up the rear blind.
No other passengers in the car so who was doing the driving?
That old songline of 'old ladies, they have not only seen it but done it as well' appears to be very true. Courteous, innocent and pleasant old ladies those two were certainly not.
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2011, 19:59:45 »

I'm quite old now but must say that I consider myself to be rather graceful – indeed, I am possessed with a celerity and style of movement that would put many of the following young men to shame. :-* :-* :-*

:o ??? :o ??? :o ???  What did I just watch !?! 
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 November 2011, 20:16:55 »

:o ??? :o ??? :o ???  What did I just watch !?!

A fine display of talent by cherubs who are everything but angelic. ;D ;D :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 November 2011, 10:39:08 »

Can one assume you are referring to the Retard TV Jeremy Kyle brigade?
Who is Jeremy Kyle?
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.