Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Windshield replacement > dead rain sensor  (Read 5305 times)

WinRAR

• Opel Omega 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
Re: Windshield replacement > dead rain sensor
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2023, 12:47:29 »

For once... happy ending.

The week after the WS replacement, I went back to the workshop with my printed EPC pages showing windshields and sensors. After a brief discussion, we agreed that they were going to try to find a proper windshield.

They said they were going to do it but they didn't actually do it, because three weeks or so later they appointed me the next day to replace the sensor. I immediately phoned my insurance agent and told him that I wanted a proper WS for my car whenever possible. After that, I went to the workshop at the time of the appointment and they showed me that they had ordered the WS that very same morning and not three weeks before as we agreed.

Last week they called me saying that they finally had the windshield. Today was the appointment for the new WS replacement.

They have taken a couple of hours to replace the WS. It is Saint-Gobain branded and must have been for the RHD market, because the glass info is on the right side and not on the left side. Still in the workshop, immediately after I placed the switch on the auto position, the rain sensor has worked flawlessly (as it used to do), going faster and slower as water was sprayed over the WS.

The guy that replaced the WS said that he was very surprised and that he had never in his long career saw such thing as a sensor paired with a WS. He said also that it hasn't been easy to source. There has been no need of recalibrating nor connecting through ODB. It has just worked when it has been paired with the proper WS.

I haven't been able to attach the pic of the proper "heat reflecting" WS's printing to this post so I uploaded it at https://imgur.com/a/1IpzcsJ.

For the record, the printing says

Code: [Select]
SAINT-GOBAIN SEKURIT
DOT 503 AS 1 M 205
43R - 00388
TRANSP. 75% MIN

And has "1021" on the top right side of the printing. Below it, it has a QR code. On the right, there is also "E17" in a circle. On the left there is a fun icon, probably related to temperature.

The "R" in "43R" probably means it is meant for a RHD car I guess

Thanks everyone who took interest in my issue and posted to help.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 13:02:47 by WinRAR »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2023, 14:00:27 »

Screens aren't drive specific. From memory, all my Omegas had he screen data on the bottom left corner ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

speedy_ns

• Novi Sad Serbia
    • Omega B 2.5 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 March 2023, 09:30:18 »

Great result  :y
So, I definitely need purple ws if I want that stupid sensor to work properly  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.