Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Parliament to be suspended  (Read 11414 times)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: Parliament to be suspended
« Reply #30 on: 28 August 2019, 20:51:58 »

Currently, the greatest threat to our democracy comes from our elected representatives, who have no intention of implementing the very things they voted for and stood for election on, because the stupid people who elected them voted for the wrong thing when they were given a decision to make.
Which is why Boris is right to bypass them in the current circumstances.

Spot on, mon ami!  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 August 2019, 21:08:31 »

Currently, the greatest threat to our democracy comes from our elected representatives, who have no intention of implementing the very things they voted for and stood for election on, because the stupid people who elected them voted for the wrong thing when they were given a decision to make.
Which is why Boris is right to bypass them in the current circumstances.

Well that is what I was getting at. It certainly won't be Hitler! ;D ;D ;)

Boris must succeed in what he is attempting to do, which I support, but failure will bring even more challenges to the table :(

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 August 2019, 21:21:01 »

Any MP that signed off on article 50,then tried to stop Bexit which is basically what they were elected on, should be made to stand down and another by election held,

the problem is MP,s refusing to carry out what they voted for,

All credit to Boris for the sheer energy and sense of purpose he has given the country back!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 August 2019, 22:56:14 »

The tin pot dictator ( wee krankies words) has done it now.

If only the MPs had done their job properly including Theresa May we could have had a proper deal including free trade by now with no ridiculous backstop.

Popcorn time 🍿 🍿

Mr varche I thought you were now a Spanish resident, so our policies shouldn't affect you.

Also parliament are acting against the will of the people, and in history this has caused massive unrest, which in modern society won't happen. All Boris is doing is what the people voted for to leave Europe, deal or no deal, and I hope he sorts it out.

Well you may be surprised to find I consider that expats living n Europe will be more greatly impacted than Brits living in Britain post Brexit at least in the short term.

Healthcare is a key issue. Many expats with ten weeks to go , do not know what s going to happen with their healthcare and may have to return to the UK.  You don't have that uncertainty. I could give you other examples but I am afraid that the plight of “lucky beggars living in the sun drinking G and Ts” doesn't interest the average or even not so average Brit.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 August 2019, 23:22:55 »

Emigration is a free choice ;)

Choosing to move abroad should have been a decision made with the understanding that the status quo is always potentially subject to change...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 August 2019, 23:31:38 »

Quite right.

One key area emigrating expats often fail to take into account is the exchange rate. Quite a key thing for people with an income from their home country. I remember a pound getting you 1.5 euros. Now it isn't far from parity. So a pay cut of around 40%.

My issue is three years on and no one has a clue what is going to happen. With notice you can make plans. We all have been badly let down by our politicians. Sadly they are all immune from the fall out of their lack of action.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 August 2019, 23:45:48 »

That isn't strictly true ;)

Both governments have issued clear directions as to what naturalised citizens need to do in order to indefinitely remain legally.

The people who have issues with this are people who chose not to register where they chose to settle.

By choosing to become a fully legitimate Spanish resident, you don't automatically need to rescind your British citizenship, but some people insist on having their cake and eating it. Unfortunately at some point the cake will go stale...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 August 2019, 00:02:05 »

Going on a European holiday in November?

Fall ill, have an accident. Is your EHIC going to cover you?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 August 2019, 00:03:15 »

I have travel insurance, so it's a moot point ;)

Incidentally planning on being in the Canaries for the first week of November...  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 August 2019, 01:02:12 »

Apparently over a million people have already signed a petition to stop the proroguing of Parliament.  ::)

This will be debated in Parliament after the Queens speech.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 August 2019, 07:34:59 »

I think the rule is it has to be "considered for debate". In other words, completely ignored.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 August 2019, 07:45:42 »

October so I'm fine, don't know about DG, best not try to use hollybob insurance, as there's probably a clause that states something about the EU, and the insurance will try not to pay out,, Can see watchdog and Angelle rippoff TV program coming,,, "My nightmare after Brexit"  some large trailer trash woman who fell out of her fat buggy in bennydorm, trying to claim and been told can't because of Brexit...
Hoof'land storeman.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 August 2019, 08:03:30 »

Suspending parliament? Do we have a big enough gallows or will we need to do the job piecemeal?Also the rope does it need to be genuine only or will cheap e-bay aftermarket do? :D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 August 2019, 09:23:41 »

October so I'm fine, don't know about DG, best not try to use hollybob insurance, as there's probably a clause that states something about the EU, and the insurance will try not to pay out,, Can see watchdog and Angelle rippoff TV program coming,,, "My nightmare after Brexit"  some large trailer trash woman who fell out of her fat buggy in bennydorm, trying to claim and been told can't because of Brexit...

It's always best to have travel insurance anyway as EHIC dosn't cover repatriation costs if you become incapacitated through injury or illness.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29 August 2019, 10:47:53 »

It's always best to have travel insurance anyway as EHIC dosn't cover repatriation costs if you become incapacitated through injury or illness.  ;)
Exactly, it will guarantee you a doctors appointment, but not necessarily the subsequent treatment. On the website and the card itself, it clearly states that EHIC is NOT an alternative to travel insurance  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.